Updated: 4th Sep 2015 at 3:18 PM
This guitar was made using a completely custom mesh; after a first design in Google SketchUp 8, it was exported in Blender, where the UV map - still simple, I will do something better in the future! - was created. This mesh contains a number of polygons slightly higher than the original TS4 guitars in both medium and high LODs, possibly resulting in slowness issues on low-performing machines, but the advantage is a quite good level of detail.
The guitar stand visible in the image below
is NOT INCLUDED in this package. The Rhoads Guitar does not contain any guitar stand, and it may be used without stands - literally fluctuating in the air! -, but this unrealistic behaviour can be avoided by simply downloading the guitar stand shown in the image, which was created by Design4Sims together with a nice set of recolours for an acoustic guitar from TS3: http://sims4studio.com/post/23950
Only the black texture shown in the screenshot is included in the package. Recolours would be very nice; don't hesitate if you want to do them!
(in both medium and high LODs)
Many thanks to Esmeralda (http://www.modthesims.info/m/3169963) for her essential hints about guitars, which led me to this creation;
thanks to the Sims 4 Studio team and, in particular, to orangemittens (http://sims4studio.com/user/1) for her assistance in my first meshing attempts with Sims 4 Studio;
thanks to Design4Sims (http://sims4studio.com/user/3099) for creating the guitar stand;
thanks to the great guitarist Randy Rhoads (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Rhoads), who designed this guitar and who tragically left us at the age of 25.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||VikingStormtrooper_Rhoads_Guitar.package (inside VikingStormtrooper_Rhoads_Guitar.zip)|
|Description||Unquestionably a classic hard rock milestone, the characteristic asymmetric V shape of the Rhoads guitar always implies the arrival of powerful rythms! by VikingStormtrooper|
|Mesh name:||Rhoads Guitar|
Size: 209.3 KB · Downloads: 10,393 · 5th Sep 2015
|209.3 KB||10,393||5th Sep 2015|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
The creator also recommends the following uploads: