Dress A Bear
Updated: 28th Jun 2017 at 12:28 AM
Well you don't have to wonder any more! Because now you can
I present to you the Dress A Bear! It is in the general/child category of the catalog for a whole 60 dollars! Cheap at twice the price considering this little gem of a deal comes with 8 different outfits to choose from. The bear comes with various options available, where you can select the bear's clothes (or your toddler or child sim can, as it is autonomous) plus a special surprise me! option where the bear's clothes are randomly assigned.
It is cloned from the EA teddy bear, so shares the same poly count. This is made however with the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, so while I do not know for sure, I would say for safety's sake that it would require everything. If you are a brave soul and want to try without all of it, feel free to report back to me and let me know what you find out.
These are not recolors that show up in the catalog either. They are within the bear itself, and it changes material to change the clothes. I had a tester that looked for them, not realizing it was an interaction on the bear itself, so am just telling you to avoid confusion
As far as what you will see, when they interact with it, the child or toddler will play with it like normal, but when they put it down, the bear will change appearance. They really aren't "changing clothes" any more than you see your sim really undress and dress in game play.
A big thank you to Gummi who helped me when I got a little confused over the logic of my stack attributes. Also a big thank you to Jo and King Deadly and Jules who tested the bear for me. And a big thank you to those who I have totally forgotten to thank.
I wanted to add, while this is a modded object, it isn't likely to conflict with anything. I really can't think of anything it would conflict with, unless you have a global mod that affects normal bear game play, that somehow messed something up. Most of them I know, wouldn't affect this one adversely even if you did have a teddy bear mod in game. It just would either work like normal, or not work at all with it, because the corresponding bhavs aren't part of this bear, but there is always the possibility so I thought I would mention it.
Textures are EA's and mine. The emblems and such on the bear's clothing are pictures of things in game for memories and such.
Poly Count 1596
Catalog Price and Location general/child for 60 simoleans
Poly Count 1596
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: It is unclear how the Teddy Bear originally got its name. The name came either from a presidential political cartoon or from a toy maker named Teddy, but what IS clear is that children all over the world love these soft and cuddly toys.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
|Open for Business|
|Kitchen & Bath|
|Mansion and Garden|
Size: 2.64 MB · Downloads: 1,270 · 23rd Jun 2017
|2.64 MB||1,270||23rd Jun 2017|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.