Decorative Reference Books for Studying Sims
Updated: 9th Nov 2020 at 2:13 AM
(Note: if you want them all together like this, you will need OMSPs and the snapobjectstogrid cheat. Sim objects and surfaces don't like realism very much.)
The textures are real book covers, meticulously photoshopped so that all the text is in Simlish. I'm not a fan of having English text in my game; it breaks my immersion. The font I used is in the Additional Credits section. Links to the sources for the cover images:
(The under-eye shadows on my college Sim are courtesy of PinkoCommie, and the pajamas are dustfinger's designs on HP's mesh.)
Despite the catalog description joking about the price of textbooks (am I right, Americans?), I've decided not to make this too ludicrously expensive; the book, recolors included, can be found under Decorative/Miscellaneous for §200. The object has 48 polys, is easily recolorable, and has a second texture file, a shadow, which I haven't altered from bienchen83's original. I'm not at that level of knowing my stuff yet. :P
SilentLucidity's Full Range Shiftable OMSPs
Simlish Deja Vu Sans font by gazifu
Paint Shop Pro 7
|Filename||book-mesh-dictionary.package (inside DecoReferenceBooks.rar)|
|Description||It's a dictionary! It's a thesaurus! It's an encyclopedia! It's a cornucopia of reference! All for the price of only ONE textbook! Which is still enough to feed your whole family for a month...|
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 131.0 KB · Downloads: 1,261 · 31st Dec 2019
|131.0 KB||1,261||31st Dec 2019|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
None, this is Sims 2 base game compatible!
Not Applicable: None of the above
Living: Living Room
Gender: Something in the nonbinary realm
Career: Wannabe actor
I'm primarily an amateur recolorist. I tried meshing
Reached 5,000 downloads on 10/13/11!
Reached 10,000 downloads on 04/11/15!
Reached 1,000 thanks on 09/09/16! (Seriously, y'all should thank your downloads more.)
Reached 1,500 thanks on 01/03/20!
09/15/18: I have attained queue bypass. I am now too powerful for my own good. Fear me.
11/23/20: Winner of the "Least Needed Accessory" award!
10/11/21: I can shoeswap! Sort of! :D