AquaBox Makeover Kit
Uploaded 6th Feb 2020 at 1:34 PM · Updated 16th Jun 2020 at 9:40 AM by PineappleForest
I thought it would be nice to have a few placement slots under the fish tank, so.. I ended up with four new objects
Now you can customize the heck out of your base game aquarium,
or just add more light and plants to the dear old thing.
Makeover kit includes:
Three "empty" recolors of AquaBox Five-Gallon Aquarium - invisible shelves and decor, glass sides or no glass.
AquaBox Overlay - Plants & Lamp - 299 S - master mesh containing four plant colors and two background options - black and transparent,
AquaBox Empty Overlay - 298 S (just lamp, needs master),
Buy mode/Decorative/Miscellaneous, next to AquaBox fish tank.
- Use "moveObjects on" cheat to place these over the aquarium
- To switch the light on/off, click on water surface
- Fish tank options can be accessed by clicking front glass (or plastic bits - when viewed from the back).
AquaBox Console- 300 S - found in Buy Mode/Surfaces/End Tables
Fits right under the fish tank, has three placement slots on lower shelf and one on top.
Metal frame pulls texures from "Bovinia Fridge".
Hollow Rock Sculpture - 69 S - Buy Mode/Decorative/Sculptures
New "cave" for the fish Four shades (included). The base pulls textures from "Transport Urn" sculpture.
Sometimes after Sims leave the lot and return, AquaBox interior (with Overlay) becomes noticeably darker.
It goes back to normal after the lot is reloaded again, or when you grab and move the fish tank.
It could be related to lighting glitches that came with later expansions.
I've generated random GUIDs for these items.
0xF0F56D9A, 0xC2D39034, 0xB75FA430, 0xC718529EF
There's a very slight chance somebody generated the same GUID (mesh object's unique ID) for The Sims 2 creation at some point.
If you put two custom objects with the same GUID in the game files, only one of them works.
As always, remember to check if new objects you put in your folders show up in the game.
Custom content in the screenshots:
Flower vase by me
Overlay Lamp & Plants: 1223 poly
Overlay Empty: 146 poly
Console Table: 806 poly
Hollow Rock Sculpture: 592 poly
Additional Credits: Compressorizer
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||AquaBoxKit-ConsoleEndTable-MESH.package (inside AquaBoxMakeoverKit.rar)|
|Description||This console is a part of AquaBox Aquarium makeover kit. Place it under the fish tank with "moveObjects on" cheat. Metal frame texture is slaved to "Bovinia" Fridge. [email protected]|
|Filename||AquaBoxKit-SculptureHollowRock-MESH.package (inside AquaBoxMakeoverKit.rar)|
|Title||Hollow Rock Sculpture|
|Description||This intriguing sculpture is a part of AquaBox Kit. Stone base pulls textures from "Transport Urn" [email protected]|
|Filename||AquaBoxOverlayLamp&Plants-MESH.package (inside AquaBoxMakeoverKit.rar)|
|Title||AquaBox Plants & Lamp Overlay|
|Description||Use with "moveObjects on" cheat. Click on water surface to turn the lights on/off. AquaBox kit includes: AquaBox Console End Table (300 S) Hollow Rock Sculpture (69 S) [email protected]|
|Filename||AquaBoxOverlayLamp-SLaVe.package (inside AquaBoxMakeoverKit.rar)|
|Title||Aquabox Lamp Overlay|
|Description||Use with "moveObjects on" cheat. Click on the water surface to turn the lights on/off. Slave object - needs "AquaBox Plants & Lamp Overlay" to work. AquaBox kit includes: AquaBox Console End Table (300 S) Hollow Rock Sculpture (69 S) [email protected]|
Size: 985.6 KB · Downloads: 5,173 · 6th Feb 2020
|985.6 KB||5,173||6th Feb 2020|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
* If you get ERROR messages while unpacking .7z, .zip or .rar archives UPDATE YOUR 7-Zip or . If you use other software, make sure it's not outdated!
* I don't take commissions
* I don't play The Sims 4 so I don't have any interest/experience in making convertions. If you'd like to convert my stuff, go ahead, just let me know if you share it anywhere (but no paysites! And no TSR).
If you get errors when trying to download my files please let me know!