Cloning Machine Overhaul
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
8,685 Downloads 236 Thanks Thanks 92 Favourited 24,845 Views
Uploaded 22nd Mar 2020 at 8:10 PM · Updated 21st Aug 2021 at 10:38 PM by MAL22
Current version is 2021.08.18 for patch 1.77.146
Most recent update
Version 2021.08.18 - Aug. 18, 2021
- Fixed an issue that prevented the DNA Cloning menu from appearing properly.
Version 2021.08.01 - Aug. 01, 2021
- Added DNA cloning. DNA samples obtained from sims can be used with the cloning machine to create clones.
Note: the DNA sample will clone the sim exactly as they are at the moment the clone is created.
- Added strings to all menus and interactions added by this mod.
- Added a rename dialog that is displayed when the clone is created.
- Interactions are now added to the cloning machine with the use of injection. This makes the mod compatible with other mods that modify the resources of the cloning machine.
Note: Cloning Machine Overhaul does not require Scumbumbo's XML injector as the injections are performed within my own code.
- Fixed several issues where the offspring relationship type setting would result in odd family trees.
- Fixed an issue where clones would have new genetics rather than sharing the same genetics as the original sim.
- Fixed an issue where the cloning settings added by this mod would affect the duplicato spell in Realm of Magic.
- Removed babies from the available life stages as they caused multiple issues within the cloning logic.
Version 2020.03.21-beta - Mar. 22, 2020
- Corrected a critical bug that caused a LE and prevented the mod from functioning. Thanks to Cattzie on Discord for notifying me!
Version 2020.03.20-beta - Mar. 20, 2020
- Initial Release.
Please note that strange or unintended results are to be expected. Scroll to the Known Issues section to learn more about the currently known limitations of this mod.
Cloning Machine Overhaul is, as its name implies, an overhaul of the Get To Work cloning machine. It adds a new 'Cloning Settings' category to the cloning machine. This category allows to select, before cloning a sim, a variety of parameters that will directly affect the resulting clone.
For example: The creator could be an elder male and by accessing the cloning machine's parameters and changing the age to 'Child', the family tie to 'Offspring' and the gender to 'female', the resulting clone would be a female child who would be considered as the creator's daughter! There are a ton of possibilities!
Here is a list of features that are currently available:
|Life Stage||Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder||Determines the age at which the clone will be created. Automatic will use the creator's age.|
|Gender||Automatic, Male, Female||Determines the clone's gender. Automatic will use the creator's gender.|
|Sex||Automatic, Male, Female||Determines the clone's body gender. e.g. The clone's gender could be male but their physical frame could be female.|
|Relationship Type||Offspring, Sibling||Determines whether the clone will be seen as their creator's sibling or offspring.|
|DNA Cloning||N/A||DNA samples obtained from sims can be used with the cloning machine to create clones.|
Cloning Machine Overhaul requires Get To Work.
Remove any existing package and/or script file(s) from previous version(s) of the mod. Extract the new package and/or script file(s) from the archive. Then, drag and drop the newly extracted file(s) in the mods folder of The Sims 4.
- Clones created using the offspring relationship type setting are uncontrollable and leave the lot immediately after spawning. Entering Manage Worlds and returning to the same family properly adds the clone to the household.
- Clones with a different sex/gender than the original sim are spawned with the incorrect body mesh. Entering CAS and saving without making any changes will make the game load the proper body mesh and the clone will subsequently have the visually intended sex/gender.
Sims 4 Studio
No metadata could be extracted from this file
|Get to Work|
| Main file
Size: 36.7 KB · Downloads: 2,221 · 18th Aug 2021
|36.7 KB||2,221||18th Aug 2021|
| StringTable files for use in S4PE or S4S
Size: 18.1 KB · Downloads: 345 · 1st Aug 2021
|18.1 KB||345||1st Aug 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
Need more information?
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
Also Thanked - Users who thanked this download also thanked: