229 ingame Maxis objects in collection files
Updated: 16th Dec 2008 at 2:50 PM by -Maylin-
It seems like Bon Voyage has some new coding which makes it impossible for non-buyable to be in collection files, so these collection files won't work if you got Bon Voyage installed - Sorry!
I'll update this post if I find another way to make these work with Bon Voyage!
Pets & Seasons EP Info:
It seems like the Pets & Seasons EP somehow affects the use of these collections so they don't work when selected from buy-mode, but they seem to work when selected from build-mode
(Thanks go to aelflaed for providing the Seasons info)
This is zip-file with 7 collection files containing a total of 229 ingame Maxis objects. (I've sorted them for easier finding)
since they are collection files the actual objects aren't in them so you don't have to put anything in your downloads folder.
The file should be extracted to ..My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections
Most of the objects are useless and have no interaction, but some do.
You can use them for story-writing or just to make your houses look more realistic.
Some of the objects can't be picked up or deleted once they are placed unless you put them on a counter, table etc. then you can delete the table and the object will be deleted aswell.
(these objects are in a collection file for themselves so you'll be able to tell them apart)
Some objects have a strange orientation, but I decided to include them anyway.
I've included thumbnail pictures of all collection except for 1 since it contains the weather files and they don not have thumbnail pictures.
I've also included a picture of the collection folders so you know what to look for in your collections.
NOTE: Even thoug they are listed as Maxis Recolors they are not, I had to choose a category since this site haven't got an option for collection files only.
Allthough a few of the objects are from University & Nightlife I believe that the collection files will work anyway since they do not really hold objects, but only references to objects.
Furthermore they won't add more than a few kb to your uploaded house and they won't create a warning sign if they're in an uploaded lot on the EA Exchange.
I've tested these objects thoroughly in the game, but you never know, so use them at own risk!
Have fun with them and let me hear what you think of it!
Antique: Antique or Historical
Fantasy: Fantasy styled things
Sci-Fi: Science Fiction
Living: Living Room
Dining: Dining Room
Size: 19.6 KB · Downloads: 34,059 · 14th Feb 2006
|19.6 KB||34,059||14th Feb 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
- Create and upload recolors of all my objects to any site you desire as long you link back to my mesh!
- Use any of my custom objects in an uploaded house on any site you desire as long it's a part of a creation and not just a lot with focus on the objects only!
- Do not upload a clone of my objects for the purpose of remodelling my mesh unless permission is given by me!
- Fences created by me may be cloned in order to create recolors since this is the only way, but do not edit the mesh!
- Allthough credits are nice, you don't really have to because I've implemented a copyright notice in all my custom objects!
- I rarely do requests, so don't expect that I'll be doing them, however suggestions, ideas etc. are always welcome!
- Do not PM me with general questions which could easily be answered in the forum!
Questions about my creations, problems etc. will off course be answered!