UPDATE: Floor Drain - Puddle Prevention
Updated: 10th Sep 2008 at 6:46 PM - UPDATE
UPDATED Dec 17, 2006 - Included Version with own GUID that drains whole room, to avoid problems with puddle edges being messed up.
I requested an item similar to this a while ago, and decided to make it myself.
This is cloned from Echo's 2 tile rug, with the footprint changed to one tile and behaviors added to drain puddles in a 3*3 tile area around the drain and in the same room. Unfortunately this cleans existing puddles(when drain placed) in a way similar to the CleanBot, which doesn't allow for the nearby puddles to change shape. This results in those puddles having straight edges as shown in the images. However, if the drain is placed on a puddle free floor, any new puddles that form around the 3*3 tile area will flow around that area, generally creating the nice curved puddle edges.
These are great for bathrooms and dog kennels.
Be aware that the placement of the drain acts much like a rug, so it can be placed under objects, walked over, etc. This means it can also be placed on itself and on rugs.
Also, I have all EPs installed, and I'm unsure what this will and won't work with. As it is cloned from Echo's rug, it should probably work with anything those rugs work with, but I make no gaurantees.
These can be found in Plumbing>Misc
May be included with any lot uploaded to MTS2. No clones please, but recolors fine if posted only on free sites.
Poly count as listed in SimPe:
--Faces: 676 / verts: 948
A little much for such a small object, maybe, but I like having the actual holes in the drain.
Obviously, credit to Maxis and all the creators of the programs that make creation possible, as well as to the makers of the tutorials that I learned from. Credit to the creator(s) of the Echo 2 tile rug.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 36.9 KB · Downloads: 4,405 · 10th Sep 2008
|36.9 KB||4,405||10th Sep 2008|
Size: 35.5 KB · Downloads: 4,800 · 10th Sep 2008
|35.5 KB||4,800||10th Sep 2008|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.