A few neighborhoods back I wanted to build a decrepit water mill, and naturally I needed a water wheel for that. So I made this decorative stationary mesh, in a nice worn wood texture. The wheel is cloned off of a two-tile sculpture. Place it on the ground outside your building, then dig a pond under it and decorate as desired. There is a decorative cog on the wheel that will project through to the inside of your building - sims will walk through it unless you place something under or around it to block their pathing.
I also later made a whitened wood and a new wood recolour of it, both of which are also included in the .rar - please feel free to make and post additional recolours of it!
Water Wheel = 1764
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 133.3 KB · Downloads: 24,129 · 20th Feb 2007
|133.3 KB||24,129||20th Feb 2007|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
MsBarrows' Mayhem and Madness
Naturally one thing I like making since I like reusing textures, is Maxis-Match and Bedding-Match items, either filling in holes in existing Maxis items (love seat and armchair versions of nice sofas, for example) or carving out new territory entirely (tables and chairs to match my favourite Maxis counters).
My main use of The Sims is to amuse myself by playing through and writing up stories about my sims and their families, several of which have been extraordinary lengthy, but a lot of fun to do. Most of my creating is inspired by my story-play; I'll be decorating a house for one of my sims, and find myself muttering and swearing over the lack of some item I want for it. I'm thankful that I'm able to fix these annoyances myself, and enjoy sharing the results with others.
As far as my stuff goes - feel free to recolour anything that is an actual standalone mesh, all the Maxis-Match and Bedding-Match stuff you don't need to recolour, since it uses the textures of the Maxis items - so go recolour the Maxis items instead, of course!
Feel free to upload my stuff in your custom lots. I make it for people to use it, and don't see any point in restricting its use unnecessarily. Though just as a general point of principle, I am not a fan of the Exchange, and in general would prefer my things not get uploaded there.
Feel the power of the repository technique!