Magic Items conversion from Apartment Life *Updated for Pets*
Updated: 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:08 AM
These are a couple of magical items converted from Apartment Life, so your magical Sims won't feel so left out!
This does not add magic in the game, it only allows you to use the items as they are: this means lights can be turned on and off (and illuminate the room), the two chairs can be sat on. The cauldron, Mystic Dust and Crystal Ball are decorative only.
This does not add magic, these are purely decorative non functional objects. The chairs you can sit on, and the lights you can turn on and off, that's all.
The objects are fully recolourable. Although because of limitations in custom recolours at the moment, the objects come with slightly off default patterns, so it's best to choose your own recolour!
Fairy Floor Lamp: 165
Hand of Darkness Floor Lamp: 165
Stardust Wallscone: 65
Palm of Darkness Wallscone: 65
Fist of Darkness Ceiling Light: 70
Stardusted Ceiling Light: 70
Mystic Dust: 4
Cast Iron Cauldron: 150
Crystal Ball: 150
Throne of Darkness: 2500
Throne of Light: 2500
Fairy Floor Lamp: 1545
Hand of Darkness Floor Lamp: 1452
Stardust Wallscone: 589
Palm of Darkness Wallscone: 687
Fist of Darkness Ceiling Light: 578
Stardusted Ceiling Light: 685
Mystic Dust: 456
Cast Iron Cauldron: 1253
Crystal Ball: 243
Throne of Darkness: 1897
Throne of Light: 1942
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 6.00 MB · Downloads: 14,723 · 22nd Oct 2011
|6.00 MB||14,723||22nd Oct 2011|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: