Blacksmith Crafting Station and Suit-of-Armor Servo!
Do your Medieval Sims lack vocation? Do they keep begging for a robot crafting station and you have to keep telling them that it isn't 'period' and that they are ruining your story? Do you like to play with Servos but they *just don't fit* in your hood? Well no more!
I bring with me a custom crafting station! Sadly, I didn't have time to make it craft custom stuff, so right now it still just makes robots. This crafting table does not replace the robot station, I did manage to get all the self-referencing BHAVs straightened out beforehand. And its animated! The cauldron raises up and dumps out a hunk of metal for your black smithing sim to work on. He (or she) will bang away at it until they have a nice little magic metal demon (see also 'robot').
In addition to this, I have created a Default Replacement of the Servo. When your Blacksmith has enough skills he can create a suit of armor and enchant it to come alive. These work well as Royal Guards. They aren't nearly as 'whiney' as regular sims and they do as they are ordered. These defaults will replace ALL servos, not just new ones. Male and female Knights are distinguished by different colored feathers. Vampire, Werewolf, and Witch Knights have different colored face shields. (If you don't have the EP that these were introduced with you still won't have them, but it won't mess up your game to download mine.)
I had planned to replace all the craftables with interesting metalworks, and they would not be defaults. It turns out that the code in these tables are VERY complex, and I found out I only had four hours left before I had to have this completed. It was kinda like 'oh, ...frick'. Anyways, what I have for you does completely work, its just not the complete idea. Have fun with it! I may or may not finish this, it was a side project specifically for the challenge, and we all know how many of my half finished challenge entries I've gone back and completed... >.<
My First Time: Trying to make custom craftables
Previous Knowledge: Meshing and defaulting
Compatibility: You need OFB, but that's all.
Verts:Too Many Faces (~3700)
You'll find the blacksmith bench in Hobbies > Misc for $2000.
Lee and HL for all their help and encouragement
and Alexander Goth for allowing me to convince him that he needs a few more suits of armor clunking around the mansion...
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 295.9 KB · Downloads: 12,702 · 17th Apr 2010
|295.9 KB||12,702||17th Apr 2010|
Size: 451.6 KB · Downloads: 15,288 · 17th Apr 2010
|451.6 KB||15,288||17th Apr 2010|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
|Open for Business|
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)