Wallpaper Overlays: the Outside Edition -plus- a Maxis Wall Hider file
Updated: 18th Nov 2021 at 3:58 PM - Improved the mesh
New and IMPROVED version - thanks to Boiling Oil's info
I also changed the room score so that using multiple overlays will not inflate the room score.
And, the files are a bit smaller now, without the above unnecessary garbage.
The GUIDs are the same, so please do not keep both meshes in your game; all recolors will still work.
The file names have been changed, so it will not overwrite, you must search and destroy the older mesh. Sorry about that
All files are compressed.
Original post below:
Jan. 7, 2011: Ooops! I forgot to include the Maxis Wall Hiders for M&G (and the UC). The missing M&G Wall Hiders file is now available in the Download tab. It must live in your regular Downloads folder to work - which is why it got fergot! The other hider files can go in the BINs folder if you'd rather have them there; that's where I keep mine.
These are Wall-Overlays; cloned (and changed by me) from Pixelhate's Recolourable FullPoster "Wall Overlay - Wall Animation". Please see his post for more details.
This is a full height 1-tile poster with Maxis recolors. The Mesh is static; it has its own GUID. The polycount is minimum: Faces: 2 Vertex: 4 - The smallest possible object!
The mesh is base game and EP compatible, thanks to Numenor.
It's cost is FREE [I mean, why pay for something EAxis kinda already gave us - right?]
And, it can either be found under the Build/Architecture tab OR in your Deco/Misc category, depending on which mesh you choose. If you do not have the Architecture tab in your build section (it came with one of the 2 last EPs) then PLEASE get the mesh marked Deco/Misc!
>>>>BE SURE TO GET ONE AND ONLY ONE MESH!<<<<
The above picture shows 3 wood shades of Tudor style Crossbraces over plain brick.
These overlays are usable with ANY wallpaper/texture you choose. I've made them continuously place-able - useful when doing a whole room.
They work with windows and doors (etc.) - your sim will walk right through them like they aren't even there - the door will function exactly as it should. Pictures and other wall deco can still be hung. One peculiar note: if you are using a 'full' wall overlay (like the Crossbars) a door or window will not 'cut out' through the overlay. The sim will still walk/see through it, but it may look a little funny to you when they walk right through the design.
They are layer-able; so you can mix/match for maximum designerability with minimum catalog space usage. IE: With the Industrial Crossbraces Set use the top bar and the bottom bar with the side bars to create a complete wall frame. When overlapping layers you will need the "MoveObjects On" cheat. Also, the only way I could make diagonals work without stretching the texture, is by layering. It can be a bit finicky at times - especially with different camera angles - but keep fiddling with it and you'll soon get it right.
Below (click thumbnail at bottom of page for a larger view please!) is a Mash Up of all the outside Wall Trim Overlays included in this set. As you can see, in this example I've layered Industrial Crossbraces over Aqua Tile, and put Empire/Clapboard edging on Pooltable Felt, Marble, painted cement, and much more... Now anything is possible!
Custom walls shown are from my Maxis-Matching Walls: UNTRIMMED.
OOPS! I almost forgot the Hiders! With these Overlays you no longer need the corresponding Maxis walls cluttering up your catalog - right? Everything is clearly marked in the Hider file, you can delete the hiders for any wall you really want to keep. *shrug* The hider file is safe for use in any game configuration.
- Wallpaper Overlays - the Inside Edition - all the INside type wall trims... featuring wainscotting, panels, molding, etc.
- Wallpaper Overlays - the Border Edition - all the EAxis borders without their wall baggage!
- Maxis-Matching Walls: UNTRIMMED - custom plain walls for the few EAxis sets that did not have just "plain".
- Maxis wallpaper as wallpaper, not paint! And other Maxian wall - OMGs fixed! - minor catelog sanity, with major affect (especially when used with all my other Hider files!)
Please feel free to add to this set. Let me know if you do - I want a copy too! ;-D
Credit to Pixelhate and Numenor for the idea and original mesh. Credit to Maxis for the textures. And a BIG thank you to those who gently nudged me to finally get this done.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
| MESH - NEW IMPROVED version - find in the catalog under Deco/Misc.
Size: 49.3 KB · Downloads: 665 · 18th Jan 2014
|49.3 KB||665||18th Jan 2014|
| MESH - NEW IMPROVED version - find in the catalog under Build/Architecture.
Size: 49.5 KB · Downloads: 1,081 · 18th Jan 2014
|49.5 KB||1,081||18th Jan 2014|
M&G Maxis Hiders for Outside Overlays-CGT.rar
| To HIDE the EAxis walls which now have corresponding overlays. Add-on for MG/UC - it MUST go in your regular Downloads folder.
Size: 2.9 KB · Downloads: 1,557 · 7th Jan 2011
|2.9 KB||1,557||7th Jan 2011|
Maxis Hiders for Outside Overlays-CGT.rar
| To HIDE the EAxis walls which now have corresponding overlays - safe for all EP/SP configurations!
Size: 9.9 KB · Downloads: 1,685 · 6th Jan 2011
|9.9 KB||1,685||6th Jan 2011|
| EAxis Outside Wall Trims for ANY wall. Dont forget to GRAB the NEW Meshes!!!
Size: 1.34 MB · Downloads: 2,463 · 6th Jan 2011
|1.34 MB||2,463||6th Jan 2011|
| OLD mesh!
Size: 44.6 KB · Downloads: 1,200 · 6th Jan 2011
|44.6 KB||1,200||6th Jan 2011|
| OLD mesh!
Size: 44.6 KB · Downloads: 1,499 · 6th Jan 2011
|44.6 KB||1,499||6th Jan 2011|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
Maxis-Matching Walls: UNTRIMMED[ by me, CatherineTCJD, on MTS
Stairs Overlay by xmathyx on MTS
Bunches of Backsplashes by Kalynn06 on MTS
Sims are FREE.