Another Pixel Anachronism: Yasimo F# Symphonator Keyboard
Uploaded 13th Mar 2013 at 4:54 AM
I discovered a few hours ago that while I was working on this, someone else (amitovam?) converted the same object. I decided to upload this anyway, because I did it, it is objectively superior to everyone else's keyboards (because it comes in unwashed piss-poor hippie colour), and because I don't think anyone else has done a version with two subsets. So, yay me!
There are five keyboard colours and four stand/stool colours, as per the pics.
The keyboard can, unsurprisingly, be found in Hobbies -> Creative, and costs §1,000 - making it significantly cheaper than the upright, but still pricey enough to keep away the hipsters. I was hoping to do a set of less fancy instruments, but cloning any instrument other than a piano is a complete nightmare, and unfortunately I just don't have time. Maybe next year.
I was also intending to make a basegame compatible version - and indeed I did so! Unfortunately, it suffers from an error I can't figure out and, again, I just don't have time to go beating it with sticks of inquiry and tweaking. So... maybe next year.
But all is not lost! Even though I haven't provided a full set of affordable instruments for your simmies, I have provided one extraordinarily affordable keyboard - no liability accepted if the stand rusts through and collapses on your sim's foot.
I told you it came in unwashed piss-poor hippie colour.
1783 - A little high, I'm afraid, due mainly to the cylindrical stand bits
The lovely Phae, whose daughters of chimeway piano helped me confirm that my own keyboard is not broken, I just have some stupid hack conflict in my main game that I'm too lazy to fix. And I think it was Phae who helped me work out the EP requirements, too.
And to Tim Minchin, for singing in F#.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.No metadata is extracted from the uploaded files.
Yasimo F# Symphonator.7z
Size: 437.0 KB · Downloads: 25,716 · 13th Mar 2013
|437.0 KB||25,716||13th Mar 2013|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.