The Business as Unusual Bistro Set - Updated for 1.63/1.67
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
35,712 Downloads 1,364 Thanks Thanks 580 Favourited 171,983 Views
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 1st Oct 2013 at 9:19 PM
Updated: 8th Nov 2014 at 9:07 AM
Updated: 8th Nov 2014 at 9:07 AM
Please note. I no longer support these mods. Instead all my mods can now be found at Nraas.
No changes needed for 1.67
File Name: ani_BistroSet 1.63.rar
If no waiters were selected, the chef would try to do both jobs, but would fail.
The Business as Unusual Bistro Set
We all wanted open restaurants in TS3, and what EA delivered was not really satisfying, so I decided to tweak EA's creation a bit.
Special thanks for Jenba for testing ^_^
Tutorial video can be found here
There are two objects, menu and oven. Do not mix and match with EA's version, just use mine in one restaurant, and EA's in another.
- You need the original EA Bistro for this to work.
- This works with just the base game, as long as you are patched to the max.
- Please your save before using this mod.
Changes to EA's version:
- The biggest change is that I split the chef job into two parts, chef and waiter.
- Instead of hiering a chef, and selecting from pre-defined number of hours, you create shifts. I'll explain shifts in it's own section.
- Instead of your sim looking like a dead puppet while waiting for their food, I replaced this with sims drinking water from a glass, just like in TS2
- Childrean can use this mod too. They won't be animated unfortuantely when ordering/Waiting for their food but they will chat with other sims sitting at the table.
- The list for the "Set menu choices" interaction has been changed to a dual panel menu. I find this much easier to plan the menu, than to have all the foods in one list and scrolling through them all. Also, the menu will remember what foods were selected previously, so you don't have to start from scratch.
- You no longer select the quality of the chef. I set this value to the max because it only seemed to effect the foods you see. Now you will see all the foods avaialbe.
- The hours of operating, are no longer tied to the lot's opening hours.
- Chef's will no longer quit for no other reason that EA's random number generator returns a number that EA decided means the chef will quit.
- Chef's and waiters will not quit ever, because in this economical situation sims should be happy to have any job.
- Chef's don't gain cooking skill when working. Because honestly, if you work in a crappy burger joint you shouldn't become a master chef no matter how many burgers you flipped.
- The chef will not change to the chef outfit, he will change to a work outfit, and you can use MC to change the outfit to what you want. (same with waiters).
- A new chef will not be randomly hired because your chef failed to show up. The mod will keep calling the chef to work, and so far nobody has failed to show up.
Enable/Disable Shifts: Shifts need to be disabled before you can edit/create them. Remember to turn them back on when you are done so the oven works.
Create Shift: Allows you to create a shift for this oven. I'll explain shifts in it's own section.
Edit Shift/Set Food Markup/Set menu choices/Delete Shift: Quite self explenatory
Toggle Always Random Food: (true/false): A global setting. If true sims will always get a random meal. If false, the active sim will get to choose the meal.
Toggle Pay on Active: If true, only sims in the active household are paid. So if you play the workers, they will be paid. But if you are playing another household they will not be paid. The same with the lot owner. If you are playing the lot owner, the workers fees are subtracted from you fund, but if you are not, then it won't. If this setting is false, then everybody gets paid all the time.
Fix quick meal: Make a quick meal.
Place an Order: Have you sim dine.
Ask to Dine: Have another sim on the lot use the menu.
Shifts are basically...well...shifts
When you create them, you will be asked for the following information.
Working hours (Shift Start/Shift End): These are full hours in a 24h clock.
Shifts do not overlap. If you set one shift to start 6 - 12, and another 10 - 15. The 10 - 15 shift will not be activated until the 6 - 12 ends.
Chef: Select a Chef from a list of sims (all sims in the hood are displayed). The cheff is obligatory, if you cancel this step, you also cancel the whole shift creating. The dual panel allows you to select as many chefs as you like, but only the first one is selected and hired. There can only be 1 chef/shift.
Chef Wage: What you want to pay for your chef per hour.
Waiter Wage: What you want to pay your waiter per hours. All waiters share the same wage.
Waiters: Select the waiters for your shift. All sims (except the chef you just selected) are listed here.
There is no limit on how many waiters you can hire/shift. If you want to hire 60 waiters and watch them route fail and bump into each other, that's your choice. But I suggest keeping it in low values, 1-3 or something like this.
If you don't hire any waiters, the chef will do both jobs, just like EA intended. But if you do select waiters, then the chef will just do the chopping salad animations.
I do no checks is the waiter (or chef) supposed to be working in another shift at the time of this shift. You need to keep tab on who did you hire, where and when.
Waiters do not stand idly waiting for the next order. They will walk around and sometimes do some random animation from their trait's idle animations.
Other things to notice:
- Work outfit: I don't know yet how to enable them so you can edit them in the stylist station with MC, but you can use MC and give your sim any RH full time job. This will give give them a work outfit. Then use MC and make them quit. The work outfit stays with the sim, and you can now edit it in the stylist station.
- Careers: This is not a real job, so you need to give your sim a job that keeps them out of the job market. For example a self employed career from ambition. This way you can ensure they are not working in a RH while they should be working in the restaurant.
- Workers are tied to their oven. If you have multiple ovens in your lot, the workers in the active shift will use the oven the shift belongs to.
- Shift change: It might take up to 1 sim hour before all the employees are on the lot when shifts change (10-30 minutes seems to be quite normal). The new employees are not called to work until the previous shift ends. Things work faster if all the employees live in the world, but if some of them live outside of the physical world it takes time to initialize them. So you need to plan your shift changes so that they don't happen at the peak of lunch time. Or, you can have two ovens, and then create the shifts so that they overlap a bit so you never have a staff less joint.
- The customer's should be going home after eating, but Jenba reported her weren't so I'll have to fix this in version 2
- This was a harder mod to make than I thought so I'm sure there are still plenty.
What I still want to change:
- I'd love for kids to be animated. I have managed to get them to drink water, but then they don't transition between different states of ordering food so I disabled this for now.
- I'd love for the workers to route to work, instead of teleporting, if they live in the physical world.
- I'd like to implement some check for the foods that if your 0 cooking skill chef tries to make lobster, he burn it. Now he won't.
EA for making the original set.
Additional Functionality: Mods which add brand new functionality to the game
|Filename||ani_BistroMenu.package (inside ToTheUpload.zip)|
|Filename||ani_BistroStove.package (inside ToTheUpload.zip)|
|Filename||ani_BistroMenu.package (inside ani_BistroSet 1.63.rar)|
|Filename||ani_BistroStove.package (inside ani_BistroSet 1.63.rar)|
Size: 5.63 MB · Downloads: 21,596 · 20th Oct 2013
|5.63 MB||21,596||20th Oct 2013|
Size: 5.78 MB · Downloads: 14,110 · 1st Oct 2013
|5.78 MB||14,110||1st Oct 2013|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
Also Thanked - Users who thanked this download also thanked: