Shorter Fine Finish Desk
Updated: 11th Jan 2020 at 1:49 AM
Unsure how it happened and sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused anyone. Many thanks to Carol_Fagundes for bringing the GUID conflict to my attention.
A few years back Leefish mirrored all the base game desks. At the moment, with the help of mustluvcatz (I stuffed up the slots on the 'The Rollin' Secretary' from Seasons and mustluvcatz is fixing them), I am mirroring all the EP and SP desks. Keep an eye out they will be coming soon.
In the middle of doing that A.D.D kicked in and I decided to play around with the Teen Style 'Fine Finish Desk' in Milkshape, the end result was 2 shorter, doll and teddy bear free desks with a couple of extra slots also the ground shadow fixed. Any recolours you have of the 'Fine Finish Desk' should work on both these desks, however, you will need the 'Short Fine Finish Desk' in your game for the shadows to work correctly on the 'Short Fine Finish Desk - Mirror'.
These are not base game compatible, Teen Style is required!
The 'Short Fine Finish Desk' was cloned from and slaved to the 'Fine Finish Desk'.
The 'Short Fine Finish Desk - Mirrored' was cloned from Leefish's Mirrored Desk Template and slaved to both the 'Short Fine Finish Desk' and the 'Fine Finished Desk'.
Found: Buy Mode > Surfaces > Desks. Price: §275.
Custom Content used in my screenshots: iSim Tablet by mustluvcatz, Hair and Clothing recolours not available, sorry.
Files have been compressed and checked in game.
Both desks are the same - 1159
Additional Credits: - - GIMP - Milkshape - UV Mapper - The Compressorizer - Maxis/EA Games and MTS.
A great big hug and thanks to Leefish for her Mirrored Desk template which I have had been hoarding since 2011.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Replaced GUID
Size: 84.6 KB · Downloads: 3,682 · 11th Jan 2020
|84.6 KB||3,682||11th Jan 2020|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
so it can be fixed and I do not make the same mistake in the future.
Constructive criticism and feedback are always welcome.
I do meshes, recolours and design my lots for pleasure, not for profit.
Feel free to use my meshes or recolours and include them in your lots, uploaded to free sites only.
However, remember to check the original creator's policies and always link to the originals.
DO NOT re-upload to pay sites. DO NOT claim any of my work as your own
and please ask before re-using my meshes or texture images (TXTR's).
You can find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep.
Take care and stay safe.
AL Wood Textures
LACK Wood Textures
MALM Wood Textures