The Monster Protector - Nightlight w/ outlet
Uploaded 21st Mar 2017 at 10:18 AM · Updated 27th Mar 2017 at 1:58 AM by LizzieDarcy : UPDATE
I fixed the lighting pattern (which is the light you see around the bulb here), so it works for recolors, it used to be yellow-ish blue for the original color (didn't realise it would show up with all recolors before I started recoloring it), now it's just a very light shade of yellow and way more neutral it's basically the same file, so you can just redownload and replace it in your downloads folder - and yes, that does mean I'll upload a bunch of recolors soon, so keep an eye out^^
Here I am again with another new mesh and this time *drumroll* it's completely made from scratch!
Today I've got something for our tots, which is (speaking from experience here) a vital gadget for the childhood years:
I've had one when I was little and I'm sure many of you did too - in fact I had exactly this nightlight, which is why I'm so happy it worked out like that
It's found under wall lamps and since I cloned the boxing kangaroo lamp you'll need Free Time for it to show up in the game and it can be yours for lousy 15 Simleons.
The Monster Protector 15§
Have any unwanted tenants? Monsters in the closet? Under your bed? Fear no more! Scientific studies have proven monsters are positively repelled by the soft glow of The Monster Protector.
The standard height for it is just a bit higher than the standard crib and changing tables because after all kids shouldn't be able to reach outlets If you have Apartment Life, you can naturally shift it up and down as you please (the second outlet is also baby-proofed thanks to a suggestion from a staff member )
As for recolouring, go wild with it as long as you credit me somewhere (perhaps even message me about it since I'd probably download your recolours :D) it's all good I did try to make it simple enough for quick recolours and the only actual structure on the mesh are the screws and the outlet cover (which are both very easy to remove even with the most limited meshing skills, :3), everything else is smooth and should work with any texture.
Last but not least, I'm planning to look into some modding stuff for this as well, since I'd like to make it automatically switch on at night and turn off in the morning, so keep an eye out for updates on this
PS: You can find some Disney Themed Recolors for this here.
nightlight texture, outlet texture, SimPE, Milkshape 3D, Zoner Photo Studio
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Have any unwanted tenants? Monsters in the closet? Under your bed? Fear no more! Scientific studies have proven, monsters are positively repelled by the soft glow of The Monster Protector.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 693.6 KB · Downloads: 1,965 · 24th Mar 2017
|693.6 KB||1,965||24th Mar 2017|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads: