Replies: 8333 (Who?), Viewed: 403954 times.
Page 334 of 334
Theorist
#8326 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 24th Jun 2020 at 8:48 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
In MeetMe's fixed DT, they were already named Tricou, except for the one named Neengia. No, no names are randomized because they are not townies. Once they are in a family, they are playables, so they keep their relationships, memories, names... everything. Only playable sims in a family will be left behind in the main hood bin if you delete their subhood, afaik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topp
I'm not sure what you mean by this. If Bluewater Village adds townies alongside playables such as M. Landgraab, the game won't delete townies if you delete Bluewater Village from the neighborhood you created Bluewater Village for. ...

I didn't say any were deleted. I said that they weren't left behind in the bin of the main hood, in the context of talking about why their names wouldn't be randomized. It's an issue that townies, when added through subhoods, have their names randomized. This is a nuisance for people who want to preserve certain townies from vanilla hoods. I've looked into transferring townies and avoiding this randomization by moving them into a family first through SimPE (possibly creating an new FAMI to move them out of 7FFE, for example). In any case, there are no other townies in this subhood I used to move in the Tricou and Neengia, but they were all originally in the Default FAMI and there was no other FAMI in the hood, so I created two new ones and moved them into it when I resurrected them, so they would remain in their original state when the subhood was deleted. I've not explored issues with Uni at all.

Addendum... The other reason for the FAMI, that I thought was clear, was that if I deleted their subhood and dumped them into an empty hood as DEFAULT sims, I had no idea how they would be accessed. They needed to show up in the bin, which is what playables in families do.

Anyway, hopefully, that's clearer.
Lab Assistant
#8327 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 10:02 PM
I discovered that there's another stair animation that I haven't seen yet. It's like a cross between the sneak and lazy/dejected one when you tell a sim to do something they don't want to do. I have no idea what spurred it but it was kinda funny to see her so hunched over.

Forum Resident
#8328 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 6:39 PM
I discovered that your town in the game ends up looking like a construction zone when they have to start getting prepared for the coming winter and time is running out to get ready before the season changes.I also noticed that a family's home lot often looks like a construction site when they start building their first shelter to house them though their first winter in their new homestead when they moved out west in the 1840's to start a new life.
Lab Assistant
#8329 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 10:51 PM
Since installing FreeTime, I noticed that when I try to make a Sim "Ask to Leave" the cow mascot, the cow will pull out a book and start walking around the lot while reading. What is this? I've never seen this animation before.
Mad Poster
#8330 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
Since installing FreeTime, I noticed that when I try to make a Sim "Ask to Leave" the cow mascot, the cow will pull out a book and start walking around the lot while reading. What is this? I've never seen this animation before.

It means the Cow has some enthusiasm in Film and Literature. There are a few different hobby idle animations, though I'm not sure if each hobby has one. Cuisine has one where they rub their belly and Arts and Crafts has one where they make a little "frame" with their thumbs and pointing fingers. Gaming has one where they act like their hand is sore. I think there's a mod to make the idles play less often by raising the minimum enthusiasm points a sims must have to do the animation.
Edit: Yes, Hobby Idle Animations Fix by twojeffs.
Also available: No Hobby Animations by Cyjon for those who want to remove the animations entirely.
I use the twojeffs mod and it works perfectly for me.
Field Researcher
#8331 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77

That's called the book walk. It's an idle hobby animation. I believe Cyjon's Sims 2 mods/hacks has a no hobby animation mod which prevents that.
Inventor
#8332 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:31 AM
Two things:

The Windows 10 pink flashing Sims is the creepiest thing I have ever seen. The way their body is posed and how they just float around... No surprise why people won't just deal with it and keep playing. The Graphics Rules Maker saved my life- I haven't experienced any problems in my game since.

The Surprise Engagement interaction! I completely forgot about it until I had two Sims on a date eating at a restaurant. There was an option to Propose -> Surprise Engagement while the Sims were eating. I don't think I've used that interaction in 6 years or so. I'm a slow player and haven't had many engagements in my custom hoods, so I forgot about it. It was really cute though. I wish there were more "alternative" big interactions - different first kisses, marriages, births, etc.
Theorist
#8333 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 1:52 AM
I've been toying with an idea of a way to avoid the randomization of townie names when they are added through a subhood, and I've now tested my idea and it works fine as far as the process and check in SimPE is concerned. I simply change the FAMI for the groups of townies and NPC in the subhood before adding/deleting to a main hood, then change them back once they are in the hood. It's simple and far faster than changing the names back looking at their pictures and such. I haven't play tested the sims, but if anyone would like to, I can pass along a subhood to try out. If anyone else tries this idea or has done it, I'd like to hear about it.
Scholar
#8334 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 5:54 PM
That everyone in Viper Canyon has their ages set to the beginning of their age bracket. Or maybe it's just not working with the ageing mod I'm trying out and the age-correcter...although everyone in linked subhoods got corrected ages just fine. Oh well, guess it's time to put the stealth hoods back in and give up on that brilliant idea...

Please support the Sim National Labs [email protected] team!
Stuff I've made can now be found at my Simblr.
Page 334 of 334