Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 3:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to change the fallback GUID of a mod?
Hello, I would like to use Faiuwle's extended family mod , but I made a note that it causes the "debug Super Duper Hug" glitch, and to change the fallback object GUID to 0x00000000 to prevent this.

That note is from a couple years ago so I'm not sure where I read that. The issue is I'm ready to use this mod now and I can't figure out how to change the fallback GUID. I opened the package file in SimPE and went to the resource tree but there is no object data there, only BHAVs. So is there somewhere else I need to look or is there no GUID for a mod like this? I'm confused and google plus searching here hasn't turned up anything so I'd be grateful for any input. TIA!

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 3:32 AM
The extendedfamily.package file, correct?

This should not create the super duper hug glitch because it does not create a new social object. This is just BHAV code that one or more social objects will use.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 3:42 AM
That's what we were told when we were doing testing a couple of years ago but the tester was fairly certain that was one of the mods that caused it, so I don't know. We do know that a mod not having a fallback GUID and lots can cause the SDH, but perhaps there are other ways to activate it as well. The safest way to prevent it showing up in your game is to always use No Sim Loaded. The SDH isn't game breaking, it's just very annoying maxis code.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 4:03 AM
Thank you both for the replies! So I can't fix it because it's not there, darn it. I better change my notes then, lol. I do have No Sim Loaded in my game but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try the mod just yet. Going to think about it some more....

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 4:14 AM
The only issue is uploading lots if it becomes active. It's not game breaking, just really annoying Maxis code which as you have NSL you won't ever see anyway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 1:12 PM
Plus it only activates if you remove the mod.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 5:00 PM
Thanks again, guys! I don't upload lots and I forgot it only activates if you remove it, so that makes me feel much better. I just manually created all my second cousin relationships in simPE, lol. But I probably missed some so I'm going to be brave and give the mod a try. I'm very big on families so I don't think I'd ever take it out. I should post somewhere about the second cousin marriage freak out I had that inspired this. :D

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 5:18 PM
Back up the neighbourhood first

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 9:33 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 11th Dec 2016 at 10:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's what we were told when we were doing testing a couple of years ago but the tester was fairly certain that was one of the mods that caused it, so I don't know. We do know that a mod not having a fallback GUID and lots can cause the SDH, but perhaps there are other ways to activate it as well. The safest way to prevent it showing up in your game is to always use No Sim Loaded. The SDH isn't game breaking, it's just very annoying maxis code.

I must respectfully disagree with their assertion. This mod only changes a number of "Are we Family?" functions. It is not a social object and it does not at any point that I saw reference a social object, whether custom or EA.

The SDH is a social object leftover from development and the opposite is true: a social object mod having a fallback GUID (the GUID of the SDH social object) is what summons it. An illustration of this is when you have downloaded flowers and plants that were cloned from gnomes and flamingo statues. When you remove the .package file for those flowers and plants and reload the lot, the game cannot find the objects for them and uses the fallback GUID. So that is why your lot now has a yard full of gnomes and flamingo statues instead of the downloaded flowers and plants.

The same principle applies with social objects. The fallback GUID by default is that of the SDH social object. When you remove MyCustomInteraction.package from your downloads folder, the social object for MyCustomInteraction still exists in the Sim ether of the lot that you played when the mod was installed. But since the game can no longer find it, the game loads the fallback object (the SDH social object). That is why it is recommended to change the fallback object GUID to 0x00000000 to prevent this. The game will fallback to a non-existent object.

This mod only overrides the answer to "Given Sim A and Sim B, are they family?" and does not create a new object. Like a BCON override, overrides of EA BHAVs should revert to the original value/code if the package file is removed.

Tumblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:28 PM
Thanks for the very detailed explanation, MSD! I think the discussion I read was on Simbiology but not sure. At least Jo recalls there was a question about this so I know I'm not imagining things.

Looking at my folder of added behaviors/features mods (these are not in-game, just dl'ed and kept in case I want them) most are autonomous behaviors enabled, like tuck in children. So I think those would be safe from SDH? There are a few like Chris Hatch's kids pick flowers which is a new behavior, so that might be more likely to cause problems. I guess as long as I have the NSL mod I really don't have to worry though.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:59 PM
I'm not saying it is a social object, I am just saying that the person who did the testing says that was the mod that gave them the SDH. My response to that is the SDH is complex and perhaps we don't every which way the game can call on the code. I'm not a modder, so perhaps you know for sure it cannot, but then what of her tests? She was very thorough and careful. Of course she might have also made a mistake. How does the SDH come across in lots? I'm not sure that we know how that works, only that it does. Moo was going to look into that and see if something could be added to Clean Installer, but no one is now.

~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 11:07 AM
If the problem is just the existence of the SDH social object, shouldn't it be fairly straightforward to make a mod which checks for the presence of that object on lot load and deletes it if found?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 11:40 AM
No Sim Loaded keeps it from becoming activated and hides it if it's already activated. So long as NSL is in a game I wouldn't worry about the SDH.

~Call me Jo~
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
If the problem is just the existence of the SDH social object, shouldn't it be fairly straightforward to make a mod which checks for the presence of that object on lot load and deletes it if found?

Yes, there is NSL, as joandsarah77 mentioned, and there is one here by [Black_Spirit].

Tumblr
Scholar
#15 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 3:43 PM
The 'DEBUG - Super Duper Hug' is clearly a test item that never should have been left in the game, it's actual name is 'Social Download Test'. Social plugin controllers (things that add stuff to sim's menus) are type 0x0007 (Sim Type) so they automatically load with a lot, the 'SDH' is type 0x0004 (normal) so it doesn't and won't exist until it's been created. Removing anything that uses it's GUID as a Fall-Back GUID will create it, and like any other normal item like tables and chairs, it'll continue to exist on that lot until it's deleted. Having an item that detects and deletes it on loading is a simple and effective fix, the code can be added to the Load op-code of an existing controller. A mod to override the 'SDH's Main op-code to self delete will also work (that's what A&N uses) or you could override it GUID by having any other item with the same GUID in your download folder.
Replacing the Fall-Back GUID of an item that uses the 'SDH's GUID (0x6DB7E00F) is still worth while though, prevention is better than cure.