Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#25676 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 12:00 AM
Base game bars don't spawn bartenders, so it may have been cloned from one of those.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25677 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 12:13 AM
Mad Poster
#25678 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Basegame bar fix:
https://modthesims.info/d/284916

I have that mod and can confirm that it does NOT work with cloned bars - only the three Maxis ones that Lord Darcy mentions in the description. Is it hard to update the cloned bars? Is there a tutorial around somewhere that shows what to do in SimPE?
Forum Resident
#25679 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 5:33 AM
Is there a limit to the number of uploads you can submit at a time?
Alchemist
#25680 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
Is there a limit to the number of uploads you can submit at a time?

I don't think so, but if you overload the moderators, things will be slow.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#25681 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I have that mod and can confirm that it does NOT work with cloned bars - only the three Maxis ones that Lord Darcy mentions in the description. Is it hard to update the cloned bars? Is there a tutorial around somewhere that shows what to do in SimPE?

At least I have the Maxis ones fixed...Frustrating that creators don't always say WHAT their thing is cloned from. And also what EP their item uses: like great retro refrigerators that don't have the "leftover" function, but nothing in the description tells you that.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#25682 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 9:48 AM
Default Fence with arch
I have a building where I cunningly combined arches with a fence, but the fence becomes invisible when I exit the lot and re-enter it. You can see that part of the lot in the attached picture.

Does anyone know a way to get around this? Otherwise there's no point having both...well, except so sims don't go too close to the edge.
Screenshots

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25683 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 11:25 AM
Lord Darcy gives a link in that post to a MATY tutorial where she shows how to upgrade custom bars.
Mad Poster
#25684 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I have a building where I cunningly combined arches with a fence, but the fence becomes invisible when I exit the lot and re-enter it.

Beautiful build there, aelflaed!
I think the problem is because those arches are actual arches - meant to be set in walls and walked through (you placed them with cheats on, didn't you?)
If that is in fact the case, then you are confusing the game... You would need to use deco/CC arches like these, from HL. Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#25685 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Lord Darcy gives a link in that post to a MATY tutorial where she shows how to upgrade custom bars.

Thanks, but that's way too complicated for me. I'll just live without it.
Mad Poster
#25686 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 4:26 PM
Does anyone know if memories in a pixel's life are by year or event? Because I'm wonder if they can be figured out for when they occurred-like years.
I know there are certain 'markers' that you can pin down, but the others? Not so much.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#25687 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
At least I have the Maxis ones fixed...Frustrating that creators don't always say WHAT their thing is cloned from. And also what EP their item uses: like great retro refrigerators that don't have the "leftover" function, but nothing in the description tells you that.
Because they were created before the EPs that added those functionalities?  They can't list features from future EPs that their item doesn't use.
Theorist
#25688 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 5:14 PM
@FranH
Just to be sure do you "by age" when talking about "year"?
Mad Poster
#25689 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Does anyone know if memories in a pixel's life are by year or event? Because I'm wonder if they can be figured out for when they occurred-like years.
I know there are certain 'markers' that you can pin down, but the others? Not so much.

There's nothing time-based about memories, aside from them being added always at the end.
Field Researcher
#25690 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 12:08 AM Last edited by SparkySays : 6th Dec 2020 at 2:08 AM.
OMG y'all I am so excited! I decided my weekend project was going to be getting The Sims 2 to work on my new gaming PC that I built a few months ago and, it actually works! (knock wood it wasn't just some kind of fluke, lol)

This was the PC I built: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sW6RsY

All I ended up having to do to get the game to work, was install the 4G patch and run the Graphics Rule Maker with the "disable texture memory estimate adjustment" box checked. So much gratitude to all the people who worked on figuring out the issues and made videos and tutorials and tools to help.

Now I have to decide if I want to import some or all of my cc from the old install, or start fresh, etc. etc. -- and where to store it. Which brings me to the reason I placed this in stupid/random -- anyone got advice or suggestions on cc for a modern gaming PC in 2k?

The game actually looks surprisingly good unmodded for an old game in 2k, but I'm sure we can improve upon that! *rubs hands*

Edit: fixed the link, thanks @joandsarah77
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25691 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 1:03 AM
@SparkySays we need an account there to see your pc build, can you copy and paste it in here?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#25692 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 1:13 AM
Thanks, but that's way too complicated for me. I'll just live without it.

@grammapat
I'm not sure which bars you're wanting, but couldn't you go at it the other way? Clone a bar that works the way you want and just swap the mesh/textures/whatever it is you want from a bar you want?

I've actually never noticed any bars not spawning bartenders. Is that still true in UC or maybe I just never tried those bars....
Mad Poster
#25693 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Because they were created before the EPs that added those functionalities?  They can't list features from future EPs that their item doesn't use.

Well, yes of course. I don't know what EP added leftovers, or when it came out. So maybe I SHOULD be the one to add a comment to that fact.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#25694 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkySays

Now I have to decide if I want to import some or all of my cc from the old install, or start fresh, etc. etc. -- and where to store it. Which brings me to the reason I placed this in stupid/random -- anyone got advice or suggestions on cc for a modern gaming PC in 2k?

The game actually looks surprisingly good unmodded for an old game in 2k, but I'm sure we can improve upon that! *rubs hands*

CC itself is so user/game/look dependent. It really depends on how you want your game to play and what thoughts you have for your neighborhood.

Some people play a medieval hood. Others a futuristic one. Some use the Maxis hoods, others don't play them at all. Some players enjoy Sims looking as real as possible; others like them more cartoon looking. Some people go for an overall neighborhood look with lots of neighborhood deco. Others are more content with fancy well decorated homes and don't worry about the overall neighborhood view.

There is content for different skies, for different lighting and for different terrains. There is clothing CC that could probably fit almost any era. It's up to you which direction(s) you might want to go. TS2 is still an amazing sandbox that more than likely can be tailored to whatever you want it to be.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#25695 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I've actually never noticed any bars not spawning bartenders. Is that still true in UC or maybe I just never tried those bars....

The one I wanted to use was from this Parsimonious set. I was going to do a makeover of the Crypt-O-Night Club in the Maxis Downtown with it, but the bar doesn't work on a community lot. The only option available is to juggle glasses. If it doesn't work in my game with all EPs on disk, it probably wouldn't work with the UC either.

http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...-Bewitched.html
Mad Poster
#25696 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@FranH
Just to be sure do you "by age" when talking about "year"?

Time based as in days, years or whatever. It'd be useful to sort them according that arbitrary set.

They have a very fuzzy concept of time (like none) and I'm just being persnickety about it. Nothing more.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#25697 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 11:46 AM
Does anyone else having problems with Maxis lot Dynasty Dwelling? I didn't change anything except replaced stairs with HL modular. stairs and furnished a house. Trouble is with bathroom connected with children's room upstairs. Sims are unable to bathe toddlers. They do put them in bathtub but take them immediately out. I did'nt try older sims to bathe there and all other bathrooms work normally so my toddlers were bathed in master bedroom's bathtub. Shower works there though, so just bath glitches. I tried different bathtubs. I do not have idea what can cause glitches in one room there.
Alchemist
#25698 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 2:33 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 7th Dec 2020 at 5:04 PM.
The one I wanted to use was from this Parsimonious set. I was going to do a makeover of the Crypt-O-Night Club in the Maxis Downtown with it, but the bar doesn't work on a community lot. The only option available is to juggle glasses. If it doesn't work in my game with all EPs on disk, it probably wouldn't work with the UC either.

http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...-Bewitched.html

Ok, I looked at the tutorial by Lord Darcy and it is complicated, but that was posted right after FT came out and we didn't have so many options then, so it doesn't make sense to me to try that now. I've simply recloned a AL bar and replaced the mesh, etc, with K8's. EDIT: HL removed the link to this. If anyone wants it, they can find it on my website.

This is as far as I've tested so if something doesn't work, you can let me know. I was just guessing at an appropriate clone.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#25699 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 1:03 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Dec 2020 at 1:14 AM.
Where is foliage (trees, shrubs, flowers) in Object Workshop in SimPE? Can't find a single one... I find them via searching, so SimPE can find them, but I have no idea which category they are in, and I'm pretty sure I've looked in all of them (maybe I've skipped one and I'm just looking in the same ones at this point. I always have to look the entire catalog ten times to find these ones... )

EDIT: Nevermind, it's the really weird-named ones in the "unknown" category (thought I'd already looked through it, but apparently they're spread all over and I'd managed to skip over pretty much all), and they're not named something easy to find like "Oleander, something something" but "something, something, Oleander" which makes them really difficult to find (especially when I'm not used to the English names ingame)
Mad Poster
#25700 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Ok, I looked at the tutorial by Lord Darcy and it is complicated, but that was posted right after FT came out and we didn't have so many options then, so it doesn't make sense to me to try that now. I've simply recloned a AL bar and replaced the mesh, etc, with K8's. EDIT: HL removed the link to this. If anyone wants it, they can find it on my website.

This is as far as I've tested so if something doesn't work, you can let me know. I was just guessing at an appropriate clone.

Thanks so much for doing this! I look forward to using it in my game. :lovestruc
Page 1028 of 1350