Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#14126 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 8:57 AM
LTW... is that the wish with the highest amount of points or the feature introduced in Uni? I guess it's the latter one?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14127 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 9:55 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 6th Jan 2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Added reply to aliceclaire's post
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Deleting lot packages from the Lots folder will corrupt your game, because there are references to those lots in the game. Could that be what you're thinking about?

I wonder if that's what did for my 'hood. A few months ago I got a couple of lots (two community and one never-occupied residential) that became impossible to open after I edited them. (It always seemed to happen after I added a shrub to the garden, and the problem seemed to go away after I removed Inge's teleporter shrub from my Downloads folder.) These lots appeared in neighbourhood view as blue rectangles, and I could neither open nor bulldoze them. In the end I identified the lot files, and deleted them in Windows Explorer. I was then able to create the lots again, and everything looked ok for several months, but now I've had to give up on the 'hood. I wonder if that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I suppose that when you bulldoze a lot, the game tidies up any references to it, but I couldn't bulldoze these ones and I had gameplay that I didn't want to lose since my last backup. Ah!! I suppose one lives and learns.

Quote: Originally posted by aliceclaire
LTW... is that the wish with the highest amount of points or the feature introduced in Uni? I guess it's the latter one?
LTW is the Lifetime Want introduced in Uni.

I'm getting used to these abbreviations and acronyms now, but they confused me for a while, and I still come across ones I don't understand. We could really do with a glossary of them.
Mad Poster
#14128 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 3:10 PM
Here you go I used these before I learned them all.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/info/acronyms.php
http://boolprop.prophpbb.com/topic323.html

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
#14129 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 6:00 PM Last edited by k6ka : 6th Jan 2014 at 6:02 PM. Reason: missed a few
Quote: Originally posted by marka93

The second one's missing quite a few terms. Where's "EAxis", "BFBVFS", etc?

So here are a few I can think of off the top of my head...

TS2: The Sims 2 - usually refers to just the base game
BG: Base game
UNI: University
NL: Nightlife
OfB or OFB: Open for Business
Pets: Pets
SNS: Seasons
BV: Bon Voyage
FT: FreeTime
AL: Apartment Life

HHS: Happy Holidays Stuff
FFS: Family Fun Stuff
GLS: Glamour Life Stuff
CS: Celebration! Stuff
H&M: H&M Fashion Stuff
TSS: Teen Style Stuff - not to be confused with The Sims Social or The Sims Stories
K&B: Kitchen & Bath Stuff
IKEA: IKEA Home Stuff
M&G: Mansion & Garden Stuff

EAxis: Short for EA/Maxis. EA bought Maxis in 1997, and Maxis became a sub-division of EA.
BFBVFS: Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space - is the term given to a neighborhood that is so heavily corrupted it is unplayable and unopenable by the game and/or SimPE.
VBT: Very Bad Thing - a VBT is an action that has been known to cause corruption
Mrs. C: Mrs. CrumpleButt - I mean Mrs. CrumpleBottom
Grimmy: Grim Reaper
PV: Pleasantview
BDC: Belladonna Cove
Field Researcher
#14130 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
LTW is the Lifetime Want introduced in Uni.

Thanks. So I will have to find an alternative end for the Asylum Challenge (where you cannot calculate the score until the sims have fulfilled the LTW) before I think about playing it
Mad Poster
#14131 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aliceclaire
Thanks. So I will have to find an alternative end for the Asylum Challenge (where you cannot calculate the score until the sims have fulfilled the LTW) before I think about playing it

Oh yes, sorry, I forgot about that part of the challenge! Perhaps you could look at a list of possible LTW's, pick or randomly roll one for your sim (depending on their aspiration) and then keep track of it yourself so you'd know when they'd completed it? More work, definitely, but it is a fun challenge! :-)
Instructor
#14132 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 6:47 PM
Hey all! Is there a way to toggle off plumb-bobs in neighborhood view? I have the command for doing it on an individual lot, but I wanted to do an overhead shot of my whole hood, and that command didn't work.
Mad Poster
#14133 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 8:12 PM
AliceClaire, someone already did that on the asylum thread here--take the list of possible LTWs for the sim and roll for one.
Katalina, I don't know of a cheat, but there's Ja's lovely hack: http://ja-viera.livejournal.com/tag/old%20downloads click on TS2 folder, and scroll down to no plumbbobs. You want the one that doesn't say sims only--there will be no more plumbbobs, neighborhood or sims.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#14134 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93

Neither of them had BACC in it. I keep seeing that.
Mad Poster
#14135 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 12:45 AM
Build-a-City Challenge. A great challenge to read about!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#14136 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 12:50 AM Last edited by plyplay665 : 7th Jan 2014 at 1:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
AliceClaire, someone already did that on the asylum thread here--take the list of possible LTWs for the sim and roll for one.
Katalina, I don't know of a cheat, but there's Ja's lovely hack: http://ja-viera.livejournal.com/tag/old%20downloads click on TS2 folder, and scroll down to no plumbbobs. You want the one that doesn't say sims only--there will be no more plumbbobs, neighborhood or sims.

Oh, I always find out about great things on this forum! Thank you so much! (I didn't ask the question, but I've been wondering for ages now!) I won't have to type in "plumbbobtoggle" every time I enter a lot! Hallelujah!

Anyway, the reason I came on here is because I used smartmilk on a toddler of mine, but she won't stop glowing. She's even a child now. Every time she changed outfits she makes that recharge noise and starts glowing again. She's not even "smart" according to batbox. Anyone know how to make her stop glowing? I think I am going to try to do some weird things until I figure out a way, but I want to see if anyone knows of an easy way in case this ever happens to me again.
EDIT: So deleting her and then teleporting her back to the lot worked. I was a little wary about doing it, but it didn't seem to mess anything up. I had to make her selectable again. Hopefully all is good from now on.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#14137 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 4:23 AM
You want the one that doesn't say sims only--there will be no more plumbbobs, neighborhood or sims.

No more plumbbobs, neighbourhood or sims? That seems a little harsh lol.
Mad Poster
#14138 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No more plumbbobs, neighbourhood or sims? That seems a little harsh lol.

Yeah, I'm gonna blame the toddler who was 'helping Mommy type' for that grammar fail. I haven't seen a plumbbob in my game for so long I can't remember what they look like! The only downside is that wonderful moment of "Um, I know they're on vacation somewhere, but which hotel did I stick them in?"

Instructor
#14139 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 10:45 AM

Thank you so much, this was perfect!

Next question (because I've only just started playing OFB and Seasons after how many years?) -- is there a way to disable the stupid turn-blue-from-freezing, or at least a default replacement that changes the color? The blue looks absolutely disgusting on very dark skins... some of my poor sims look like they got cast in Avatar.
Top Secret Researcher
#14140 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522

Next question (because I've only just started playing OFB and Seasons after how many years?) -- is there a way to disable the stupid turn-blue-from-freezing, or at least a default replacement that changes the color? The blue looks absolutely disgusting on very dark skins... some of my poor sims look like they got cast in Avatar.

This mod disables the whole temperature thing Seasons introduced. Your Sims will be able to wander outside in their undies while it is snowing and they won't mind the cold one bit.
Field Researcher
#14141 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 8:59 PM
I wanted to fix the following hoodchecker errors for Strangetown:

Quote:
Memories:
Unexpected Sim Subject: 0x00F8 Pascal Aagje: Met Alien (Good) (Subject: 0x00F8 Pascal Aagje)
Unexpected Sim Subject: 0x00F9 Lazlo Aagje: [Invisible] Gossip about 0x00F8 Pascal Aagje: Met Alien (Good) (Subject: 0x00F8 Pascal Aagje)
Owner and Subject are different: 0x0231 Thora Xicaro: [Invisible] Gossip about 0x0227 Savannah Carson: Reached Maximum Magic Skill (Subject: 0x0279 Hunter Hess)
Owner and Subject are different: 0x0239 Janis Rees: [Invisible] Gossip about 0x0227 Savannah Carson: Reached Maximum Magic Skill (Subject: 0x0279 Hunter Hess)

I edited the faulty memories in SimPE, pressed commit and saved. But when I opened the fixed sims' memories again, my changes had reset to what the hoodchecker initially reported. Am I missing something obvious here? How is it possible that saving does not actually save the changes that I've made here?
Site Helper
#14142 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 9:05 PM
katalina522, you really want the WCIF forum. This thread is not for asking people where to find mods.
Mad Poster
#14143 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plyplay665
Anyway, the reason I came on here is because I used smartmilk on a toddler of mine, but she won't stop glowing. She's even a child now. Every time she changed outfits she makes that recharge noise and starts glowing again. She's not even "smart" according to batbox. Anyone know how to make her stop glowing? I think I am going to try to do some weird things until I figure out a way, but I want to see if anyone knows of an easy way in case this ever happens to me again.
EDIT: So deleting her and then teleporting her back to the lot worked. I was a little wary about doing it, but it didn't seem to mess anything up. I had to make her selectable again. Hopefully all is good from now on.

Next time try fix stuck sfx on the batbox. No, I have no idea what it means, but it gets rid of the stuck bird food, so it's worth a try.

Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
I wanted to fix the following hoodchecker errors for Strangetown:

I edited the faulty memories in SimPE, pressed commit and saved. But when I opened the fixed sims' memories again, my changes had reset to what the hoodchecker initially reported. Am I missing something obvious here? How is it possible that saving does not actually save the changes that I've made here?

All my sims who are abducted by aliens get that message from the hoodchecker. (And of course all those who gossip about it, which I think is the fastest spreading gossip in town.) I think I remember that the hoodchecker's still a work in progress, so I always figured it was one of those things that Mootilda hasn't chased down yet, possibly related to my use of a multi PT or who knows what.

Instructor
#14144 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 9:43 PM
Next time try fix stuck sfx on the batbox. No, I have no idea what it means, but it gets rid of the stuck bird food, so it's worth a try.

I think I'll try that next time, thank you! (Hopefully there is no next time, of course. I mean I've played since 2005 and never had this problem but you never know!) I remember seeing it but I read it as "sound effects" and I was like, "this really isn't a sound effects problem, per say, so... not even gonna click."

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Instructor
#14145 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
katalina522, you really want the WCIF forum. This thread is not for asking people where to find mods.

Sorry. The first question was not actually about mods, as I thought there was a cheat code I was missing/doing incorrectly, but I'll move the other question over to WCIF.
Theorist
#14146 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 11:53 PM

SFX can mean several things, depending on context, but the two most relevant here are "sound effects" and "special effects". It wouldn't surprise me if the batbox fixed both, come to think of it.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#14147 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 2:22 AM Last edited by grammapat : 8th Jan 2014 at 2:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522

I so agree! Usually they look GREY, and my cc BLACK sim turned purple!

AND MY question: In last few days I've downloaded hairs and clothes, and ?; Since then I have problem with getting food, even feeding babies. Oddly it affects every house, but NOT every sim! General question is - wouldn't a behave problem be related to a behave CC? Or could a hair or furniture conflict cause this behave conflict?
I'm off to test other hoods, and have downloaded Paladins "Hack conflict detection", but am betting I will have to do the damn 50/50 stuff (where, in the past, I have discovered the oddest things causing a problems; and then later when I put them back in game the problem did NOT re-appear).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Site Helper
#14148 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 3:35 AM
In general, BHAV problems are associated with mods, but not always. Hair or furniture can include undocumented BHAV changes. That's why you might have to fall back on the 50% method.
Mad Poster
#14149 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 8:17 AM
If you sort your downloads folder by date then it's pretty easy to see which are the latest ones you've added.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 566 of 1000