Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 7:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Clothing recolors not in catalogue but CAN show up on Sims in CAS
Hi all, I've been having an issue with some of the Maxis recolors I've downloaded from here, and even after reading the FAQs and forums, I can't find anything that answers my specific problem.

Basically, I have some Maxis clothing recolors downloaded that are not showing up in the CAS catalogue under any category. The weird thing is, though, that sometimes they show up in the auto-generated outfits my Sims wear in CAS (before I've changed them). So I know the files are in the game somewhere, but the only way I can use them is if they randomly appear as pre-selected outfits. I can't manually choose them from the catalogue, or buy them in clothing stores in-game.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? It's not happening to all of my CC - actually only a handful of files - but it's driving me crazy. I've got CEP installed (and re-installed, just to be sure), I've tried deleting and re-downloading the CC files, I've tried turning CC off and on again in the game, and nothing seems to work. All the rest of my CC is working fine (recolors and new items, clothing and build/buy mode stuff) and I've done a lot of downloads so I'm pretty sure I haven't done that part wrong.

Any help would be very much appreciated! (Also, if there's a post on here that answers this question and I've missed it, I apologize!)

Thanks!

(Edit: I have all expansion and stuff packs installed)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 12:42 PM
My guess is that they may be defaults. Not all defaults show up on the thumbnails in the clothing catalogue.
You could run the Clean Installer, where you should be able to see if there are any defaults in your game.
Alchemist
#3 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 6:16 PM
Or are they separates enabled for a non-everyday category? If they are separates, they have to be enabled for everyday in order for you to buy them when playing your sims. And they won't show in CAS, but will show up in the change clothes dialog box if a sim has purchased them.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 6:58 PM
I don't think they would show in CAS if they weren't enabled for everyday.

Could be townified but hidden somehow.

I've had some toddler outfits that behaved like this. They kept showing up on toddlers randomly, and when they showed they would appear in the dresser for that particular family, but they were nowhere to be seen in either CAS or the buy menu (although I think toddlers would occasionally be randomly assigned them in CAS). They were not defaults either, because all the regular outfits were there. I don't know which settings they had (it's a while ago, and that folder is large so I'd have to go through it one by one outfit because I don't remember which ones were the problem outfits), but I suspect it is a problem with how the recolors have been set up. Should be fixable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 10:07 PM
Thanks everyone! The clothes are all formalwear so it could be that they're not enabled for everyday - I've never edited a package file in SimPE, but I'm guessing that's the way to do it. Is it a fairly easy fix?

On a similar note, I've also noticed some TV recolors that aren't showing up in Buy Mode. I have no idea if it's related or not (probably not if the everyday-enabling stuff works on the clothing), but it seems really weird to me that just a small number of downloads don't show up when everything else does.