Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#21951 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Has anyone played seasonal rotations and ended up with siblings aging in the wrong aging order? Their ages are correct and everything but they're aging is in the wrong order and I don't know why. So far it's happened with Mercutio Monty & Romeo Monty and Ripp Grunt & Tank Grunt. I'll do my best to explain... Firstly, Mercutio is older than Romeo & Tank is older than Ripp. They're only older than them by a few days. Okay, so Ripp & Romeo currently live in Belladonna Cove which is my Uberhood's Mainhood. Tank lives in Strangetown which is the 3rd Subhood in the rotation. Mercutio lives in Veronaville which is the 4th Subhood in the rotation. My rotations last 7 days per Season. I can't remember when but at the end of a seasonal rotation, Ripp & Romeo moved out of their houses in Strangetown & Veronaville to live in Belladonna Cove. Once I moved them in I set the season, day & time the same as when they left their previous house. So, what happened with their aging? Is it because I moved them (technically) to the front of the rotation? I know for sure that I didn't play one household more than the other. I'm probably asking an impossible question that only I can figure out, which is the problem, I can't because I don't know where I went wrong.

One thing I can think of, maybe when you moved them to a new home you played them again?

This has happened to me.
Moving someone out for whatever reason after they have grown. They are in the family bin, and when I see them there (usually not right away, but in another playing sesion within the same rotation) I play them again.
Which means that unknowingly I played them twice in the rotation, hence the un-synchro problem.

You say you know for sure you did not play one household more than the other one, but you might have played some Sims in one household and later in another household - although both households were only played once.

BUT.

Anyway, yes, I think it's possible that someone grows up "earlier" if you change the rotation order and play longer than 1-day rotations.
Imagine this is the countdown for Romeo's bday:
R9 R8 R7 R6 R5 R4 R3 R2 R1 RB
And this for Monty's:
M9 M8 M7 M6 M5 M4 M3 M2 MB
If Romeo and Monty were living together, days would be something like this, keeping a constant 3 days distance:
M6&R9 M5&R8 M4&R7 M3&R6 M2&R5 M1&R4 MB&R3
But if you moved Romeo out and in the following rotations you play him before Monty, it will be something like that:
M6&R9 M5&R8 M4&R7 *moving out* R6 R5 R4 R3 R2 R1 RB *change of household* M4 M3 M2 MB ...

I don't know if you get what I mean, but yeah, changing the rotation order may affect.
Advertisement
Scholar
#21952 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
Here's a question for everyone: how many days do you set for each season and why did you choose that length?

I've never really messed with seasons, I don't think I know how to set it to be honest.
I use very short agespans (1 SimDay = 1 year) so it would be kinda confusing any way :D

I made that agespan a long ago, and I've been working on the details ever since, I'm quite happy how it works.
Pregnancies last 18 hours (3/4 of the "year"), babies are babies for only one day, I use 1-day semesters (but I play two of them in each rotation, instead of 1 as I do in other subhoods), my Sims become elders at a age at which would make sense women no longer are fertile (which means many of my Sims are elders for quite a while, and still working full time).
Lab Assistant
#21953 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
5 days, because I use the MTS calendar.

So I live under a rock apparently because I didn't know this was a thing.

Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
it's always summer and Monday in their new house and I haven't found how to play around that

I thought there was a mod or something to change the seasons and day of the week. Or maybe it was the Sim Blender? I'm sure someone else here would know.
Mad Poster
#21954 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
That gets kind of f-ed up a little when I have sims moving out because it's always summer and Monday in their new house and I haven't found how to play around that but someday I'll manage that too!

I use the Sim Manipulator to fix all of that, but you can change the season game with the weather machine aspiration reward.
Mad Poster
#21955 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 6:43 PM
I use Seasons and weather controller from Simwardrobe and Day setter from Neder (MTS). Just 2 cheap vases you can delete after.
Alchemist
#21956 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 6:58 PM
Here's a question for everyone: how many days do you set for each season and why did you choose that length?

I don't like weather changing in real life, so I make each separate hood one season forever. If I, later, think it should change for story reasons, I would change it, then. I pay no attention to the day of the week, in sims or in real life, either, come to think of it. I also have aging off, and only age sims when I want to. I hardly control the sims at all, opting for as much autonomy as possible, but I control everything else.
Mad Poster
#21957 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 7:20 PM
I've had weather issues (pink-flashing) for quite some time, and while I have been able to play for a little while with snow, it has eventually crept up and turned everything pink. Unless it's been for particular story chapters, I've kept the season as summer/spring (for the light), and turned off weather and temperatures (to avoid sims overheating/freezing). I'd love being able to play with weather, but I'd rather have a working game.

I hope I'lll be able to fix that on my new laptop, but I don't have big hopes...
Alchemist
#21958 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 7:40 PM
about garden club, Season's Prima Guide tells about the scoring. Chapter 4.
another way to enter might be a hack. I seem to recall an option for it in insimenator; or maybe either Sim Manipulator or Sim Blender; or possibly all 3.
Alchemist
#21959 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 19th Jan 2020 at 7:20 PM.
Apologizes if this messes up the flow of the thread, but writing up the ACR editing instructions took way longer than I thought; this post is mainly just answering questions I had the answers to.

That's exactly why I was wanting to use it. I hate having to use twenty elixers of life so my sims can reach level 10 in their jobs, let alone raise a family. And they've never had time to build a hobby or run a business. I want my sims (and myself!) to be able to relax and enjoy their lives, rather than rushing to accomplish all the things before they die.

If I could figure out how to change that for a longer lifespan using SimPE that would be ideal, but alas, that is far beyond my skills.

It sounds like you want an aging mod that's longer than vanilla but probably shorter that Almighty Hat's? Don't be afraid to create what you want. Aging mods are very easy to edit and you can just edit someone's file and put the ages you want (remember that you have to enter in one day less than the number you want, though).

As for editing ACR, this is actually not that complicated, especially if your aging mod is shorter than Hat's. It's more time consuming than anything. Hat gives some instructions/explanations of the edits and I managed to edit it myself, a while ago. You just have to decide what you want your sims' fertility curve to be. Hat's detailed explanation is on the It's the proportion (gestation-based age duration mod by almighty hat) page; another simmer asks basically the same question. Scroll down to the comments, and Hat goes into detail about the changes made to ACR search for (like, ctrl + F) the section "What I Have Learned About Aging Mods and ACR (by A. Hat)".
A quick sum up of that:
Quote:
ACR is the tricky part. If it has enough fertile DAYS for you, all you'll have to do will be edit the labels in the (Tuning - Casual Romance - Pregnancy) TRCN to match where you start and stop. You can add days easily, just keep labeling them.... If you add any time, you'll have to change those two lines in the (Tokens - Sub -Calculate Pregnancy Odds) BHAV to >=, which means 'greater than or equal to.' That's the day autonomous fertility stops altogether. In your (Tuning - Casual Romance - Pregnancy) BCON, all you have to do is plop in your base risky woohoo chance for each day.

In case you want to create your own lifespan mod, I'll direct you here. I wrote detailed instructions for that, with links to tutorials and template files, for another simmer once and this post is already long enough without me doing that again. As for editing ACR, well I did it a long time ago, but I'll try to remember the steps, in case you find Hat's explanation unclear.

Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Anyone know where I can find a 1 day = 1 month lifespan? If they had 3 day seasons and 9 day pregnancy too, that would be awesome.

Probably more WCIF, but it does exist, so: https://modthesims.info/d/519753/ne...es-1-month.html. The related seasons and pregnancy edits are also there too.

Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I have been building a caravan park as a set of apartments. Caravans need cars to tow them! So I used driveway extension pieces and planted two cars on the lot, believing they would be usable as 'common' property by resident sims. I found this old thread which seemed to agree with my thinking: http://modthesims.info/t/334557, and my cars stayed in place throughout building and zoning changes. However, once I moved sims onto the lot, the cars vanished. What went wrong?

This can definitely be done, and I do it all the time. I think the key is, once you put the cars down, do NOT re-enter the lot for anything, except to move sims in, or else the cars will disappear. And yes, sometimes after placing a new lot fresh from your files, the cars will disappear. Just exit without saving, move sims out, put down the cars, save, then move sims back in. The cars should show then.

Has anyone played seasonal rotations and ended up with siblings aging in the wrong aging order? Their ages are correct and everything but they're aging is in the wrong order and I don't know why.

I read over your post and what you describe seems to be correct game behavior--Ripp and Romeo are aging first because you now play them first in the rotation. The only rotation style I know of that keeps ages exactly in sync is one day rotations. But it sounds like that may be too short for you (I don't blame you, I think that's too short, too.) So you either will have to accept that ages will be out of sync and either leave them alone or fix them in simPE. Or you have to settle on a rotation order that works for you and gives you most of the right aging order. Like, perhaps instead of by neighborhood, you play in order of who's oldest. To start, you pick one sim in each household to be the marker, then you play in order of who's oldest.

I'll try to give an example. You have Belladonna as your main hood and Strangetown and Veronaville as subhood, right? So Mortimer's/the Goth household could be played first, followed by Olive's/the Specter household, and the Pollination Tech #9 and the Smith's. Oh, I forgot Consort Capp and Patrizio Monty. But you get the idea. And then when sims move out, you'd take care to place them in the rotation so that they are played before younger siblings but after parents, etc. Whatever placement would do the least messing up. You might have to move sims in between rotations, too, if you don't already do so and the rotation order could get complicated. But, like I said, I think it's the only way to get a bit of what you want without doing one day rotations.

Quote: Originally posted by Sapolipinsky
Also, my sims clean up dirty dishes on community lot all the time. I can't remember if I've even seen a townie or other non-controlled visitor cleaning up on comm lots. Is there a mod that will let/make non-played visitors as likely to clean up on comm lots as controlled sims?

I feel like one exists, but I can't find it atm. However, there's also Be Maid, Repairman, Gardener, and even max needs by pookie51, where you click on any sim, even townies, and tell them to clean, repair, or garden. I use this on community lots, though I also use with Control This Sim and make the sim selectable before I tell them to clean so that they won't get distracted and have stuff drop out of their queue.

I'm sure I made tons of spelling and grammar mistakes, but I'll have to edit that later cuz I'm supposed to be going somewhere! Hope all this helps someone.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#21960 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
But isn't your current issue that with your current system they already don't make sense?

I mean, it would make less sense than it does now unless I did this at the beginning of the Uberhood.

I might be misunderstanding, but are you playing each household for 7 days before switching to another?

Yeah, each family is played 7 days each every time. No more and no less. I've tried shorter rotations but I don't like them, I feel like nothing gets done. I can do more than 7 days easily but then I'll get sidetracked and play too long to the point the family probably dies off..

I like pretty much all of my rules, I actually don't have that many. Some of it is my genuine playstyle (College especially). I guess it's something I just have to deal with. :P

Quote: Originally posted by Amura
One thing I can think of, maybe when you moved them to a new home you played them again?

I did actually think that but when I checked (literally) every household, they were in the correct Season/Day including Romeo's household.

You say you know for sure you did not play one household more than the other one, but you might have played some Sims in one household and later in another household - although both households were only played once.

Sims only move between households at the end of a rotation, not at the beginning. Example, if my Seasonal rotation is to play from the beginning of Summer to the beginning of Spring in every household and I'm planning to merge a family that's in the beginning of Summer to a household that's in the beginning of Spring (already played through the Summer), I'd play the family (in order of my family rotation list) that's in Summer until the beginning of Spring and then move the Sim(s) to the other household by teleporting them over with the teleport shrub from Sim Manipulator. That family won't get played until the next Uberhood rotation which would be from the beginning of Spring into the beginning of Fall.

Anyway, yes, I think it's possible that someone grows up "earlier" if you change the rotation order and play longer than 1-day rotations.
Imagine this is the countdown for Romeo's bday:
R9 R8 R7 R6 R5 R4 R3 R2 R1 RB
And this for Monty's:
M9 M8 M7 M6 M5 M4 M3 M2 MB
If Romeo and Monty were living together, days would be something like this, keeping a constant 3 days distance:
M6&R9 M5&R8 M4&R7 M3&R6 M2&R5 M1&R4 MB&R3
But if you moved Romeo out and in the following rotations you play him before Monty, it will be something like that:
M6&R9 M5&R8 M4&R7 *moving out* R6 R5 R4 R3 R2 R1 RB *change of household* M4 M3 M2 MB ...

I don't know if you get what I mean, but yeah, changing the rotation order may affect.

Yeah, Romeo gets played before Monty after I moved him to the beginning of the rotation list. Their ages are correct but the memories will be the wrong way around. I guess I can officially blame this on my 7 day rotation Ah well. At least their ages are correct! That's one thing.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
So you either will have to accept that ages will be out of sync and either leave them alone or fix them in simPE. Or you have to settle on a rotation order that works for you and gives you most of the right aging order.

I love my current rotation order, if I change it now I'll be so confused on what I'm doing. That's the only little thing bothering me, the memories of aging will be incorrect but that's OK. My lack of knowledge with SimPE isn't worth messing up my Uberhood. :D
Mad Poster
#21961 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
about garden club, Season's Prima Guide tells about the scoring. Chapter 4.

So we're just assuming I have the Seasons Prima Guide or know how to find that on Google. Which I do not, for the record. But this frustrates me. If the info was in the Prima Guide, why isn't it on the wiki??

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
where you click on any sim, even townies, and tell them to clean, repair, or garden. I use this on community lots, though I also use with Control This Sim and make the sim selectable before I tell them to clean so that they won't get distracted and have stuff drop out of their queue.

You can always just try using influence to get sims to clean.

Yeah, each family is played 7 days each every time. No more and no less.

I can't even imagine playing a single household that long before switching.
Field Researcher
#21962 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 11:10 PM
'Sims 2 Prima Guide' was too hard? It's the first link.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21963 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 11:11 PM
I can't even imagine playing a single household that long before switching.

Sometimes I wish I could keep playing a household and I have gone over their rotation a little if a baby is due. Say if rotation will end 6am and baby is due 10am, heck yeah I will keep playing.
But 7 days straight or 5 days straight no because if house A has a toddler who becomes a child on day 4 and you play them though and then play house B and their toddler becomes a child on day 1 that means toddler A has been a child days before toddler B even though toddler B should be older, should be going to school with child A, could be brought home on the bus with child A, could become friends. I don't like toddlers, kids, teens and YA left behind in limbo if they are from the same group and should be the same life stage. 3 days+ in the lifespan of a toddler/child is a significant percentage unless you play with extra-long ages. I like to know quickly who is going to school with whom so they don't miss school as well. If they are going to attend the playable school I have to get them enrolled and attending school on my school play days. I can only play the school lot one day at a time because of this unless I know there are no more birthdays. I am sure the kids wouldn't mind catching the school bus and not really attending school but I do.
If a hood isn't integrated and each house is more or less in its own bubble than this wouldn't be as important.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21964 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 11:13 PM
In Springwater, I had 7-day rotations. I found it hard to manage, so after the Great Crash and starting Oakbrook I switched to three-day rotations.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#21965 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
THANK YOU SO MUCH. That was it! I should really RTFM... (Unless it was a hidden feature, like Pescado likes to do.)

You're welcome.

I actually prefer the way Pescado's mod handles community lot skilling and I like that it allows enthusiasm gain on community lots, but I don't want reputation changed at home. What my sims do in the privacy of their own home should not affect their community reputation. I can see this making sense if they're getting in a fight in the front yard where everyone can see, but I don't know whether Pescado's mod makes this distinction.

I confess to being guilty of not reading the documentation either.
Mad Poster
#21966 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 12:04 AM
The way I see it, sims do a lot of things at home that should affect community reputation - they bring home friends from work or school, they talk to people on the phone, they invite over friends, at college they usually live in group houses together with sims from all over the neighborhood. And those things make up 90% of the socialization sims do at home. There's some socialization with family members of course, but relatively little compared to socialization with everyone else as most family relationships are maintained just by eating dinner together. And if a sim is loving towards their family, why shouldn't that be known and appreciated in the neighborhood at large, anyway?
Mad Poster
#21967 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duvelina
'Sims 2 Prima Guide' was too hard? It's the first link.

I'd actually tried 'Seasons Prima Guide Chapter 4' which I guess was my mistake.
But in any case, the first link when I Google 'Sims 2 Prima Guide' doesn't have anything whatsoever about the Garden Club in it; to get the Seasons prima guide to show up, I had to Google 'Sims 2 Prima Guide Seasons'. This is the link I found: https://issuu.com/thomasvaughan5/do...rima_official_e It's an awful interface, for the record. (Maybe I'm old, but...when did we start trusting anything the Prima Guide said? In my day these things were universally accepted to be inaccurate and only useful for entertainment value. ) The Garden Club info starts on page 45, for anyone else who might ever try to find this. Chapter 4 is about a million pages long and full of cheery, smiling sims being far too happy about rain and juicers. Anyway, here we go:
Quote:
A scorable plant can be:
- a garden plot
- a garden plant
- an orchard tree
- a flower bed
- a shrub
- a tree
- eight potted plants (in a single room)

That last one sounds fake as all hell, but ok.
Next relevant part:
Quote:
Each scoring area can contribute (or deduct) no more than:
- Gardening: -1000–700
- Landscaping: -1000–500
- Messes: -1000–0
The final score is expressed in one of five thresholds:
- Very low: -3000– -200
- Low: -100–99
- Normal: 100–399
- High: 400–699
- Very high: 700–1000

Pretty sure there's an error there between the "Very low" and "Low" thresholds, but that's what it says.
And...at this point I give up actually typing things out because this next part, the actual "scoring" part, is far too much to type, so I'm just gonna screen cap it. Attaching the screencaps in case anyone else is interested. Sorry if they're difficult/impossible to read, but the terrible interface is in fact terrible. I'd love it if someone could come along and show me up by getting better screencaps and sharing them here to prove they were better/smarter, because then I'd have better screencaps too!

Last relevant bit is that you need a "Normal or better" score to join, meaning you need to rack up a minimum of 100 points. Based on the info I screencapped, I calculate that in my most recent attempt at joining I had a score of 79, which really is almost good enough. And now that I have both of my plots fertilised with compost, that would bump the score to 91 and with some "composted material" in my compost bin (I already used all I'd managed to get so far to fertilize those two plots, so I'll have to wait again), it would be 101 which is exactly enough. Assuming this information is accurate, it's actually quite useful.
Screenshots
Instructor
#21968 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 1:09 AM
I used to do 3 day rotations but found i would get bored more easily so now i do 2 day ones and really enjoy it. Plus i used to play all the maxis hoods, all the life stories hoods, riverside and my own sims it would take forever. Now i only play my own sims plus pleasantview, strangetown and bluewater village.
Scholar
#21969 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 1:26 AM
@Rosawyn: I found a post with links to downloads to pdfs of all of the Prima Guides, if you'd like to download them that way: Here!
Alchemist
#21970 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I have been building a caravan park as a set of apartments. Caravans need cars to tow them! So I used driveway extension pieces and planted two cars on the lot, believing they would be usable as 'common' property by resident sims.
I found this old thread which seemed to agree with my thinking: http://modthesims.info/t/334557, and my cars stayed in place throughout building and zoning changes.

However, once I moved sims onto the lot, the cars vanished. What went wrong?

First of all, big heart love to caravans. I'm a huge fan of motor homes Class Cs, (they don't require cars to pull them) in the game as I live in one, irl. I like hexameter's Globetrotter but would like more. Second, I have used community cars in my apartment lots and they stayed and were usable by all residents when I changed active households, so not sure if that helps, but it does work in my game, if that's what you mean. I'd love to see your park.
Scholar
#21971 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 2:42 AM
In all this talk of rotations and play style it makes me think about how I used to play. I kept notes and converted them to a spreedsheet, I had a ton of rules and followed a strict 3 day rotation. I basically turned the game into another job for myself. I also Simmed myself into a very bad corner by only marrying or reproducing within my playables and completely ignoring townies for anything other than romance sims. When I got time to play, it didn't matter what I felt like doing I played the household that was up in my rotation. It worked to keep things in order but it took a lot of the joy out of it for me. This time around I'm not so strict, I've got a loose rotation going but I basically play who I feel like playing. I am keeping Sims from breeding within the playables at this point until I have a larger population but so far I let them choose who they like instead of "arranging" the relationships. So far everyone who has wanted to has picked a townie to marry. I'm having a much better time and enjoying my game instead of constantly worrying about timelines.

The one really strict rule I do go by is I play empty templates and make all the Sims. I introduce new ones at teen level and when I do I select teens to age up to Uni. The older Uni students that have been around awhile get aged up to adult and so one. That way I do get some new blood in my general hood as I don't let the game spawn anything but the NPC's.

Works for me so far.
Scholar
#21972 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 3:47 AM
Are there any general agreed on principals when it comes to compressorizing files? Also are there any downsides to it? In TS3, combining packages can help load times, but introduce lag in CAS and build/buy for instance.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#21973 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Are there any general agreed on principals when it comes to compressorizing files? Also are there any downsides to it? In TS3, combining packages can help load times, but introduce lag in CAS and build/buy for instance.

Don't Compressorize files if you've used SimWardrobe's Categorizer on them.

Also make sure to do any edits you want in SimPE prior to compressorizing (though you can just "fix integrity" then re-compressorize if you have to).

Those two things can lead to game crashes.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#21974 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 3:36 PM
Are there any small beach lots out there? I would love to make a small cottage beach house but the big lots in the game are kind of ruining the small comfy feel to it. I don't like cluttering my lots with too many plants since the game is slow lol.
Mad Poster
#21975 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
... I don't like cluttering my lots with too many plants...

Plants don't usually thrive at a beach anyway - saltwater is harsh.
If you use the smallest game-given beach lots, placed side-by-side with regular sized houses on each of the lots (like 20 square or so houses) and decorate all the grounds with scrubby palms and lots of sand TP, your beach community can look pretty authentic (for Florida anyway... Northern rocky beaches, notsomuch.)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Page 879 of 1335