Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2024 at 1:49 PM
Default Where can one request/suggest mods?
I know Mod The Sims has a rule against asking for mod requests in this site. I would like to know if is it ok to ask for a list of sites and creators who do accept such requests? The guide for posting suggest there are such creators, so maybe people who are interested in requesting a mod could refere to this thread, so they don't need to do so in this forum.

I understand that what I'm asking is closely related to this unwanted behaviour in this forum, so if this post also breaks the rules, feel free to delete it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th May 2024 at 4:36 PM
Hacks & CC that you'd like to see!

Not exactly what you're asking for, but it would be a place to discuss what you're wanting. Sometimes the mod you are looking for has already been made, and someone may end up sharing links to the download.
Theorist
#3 Old 15th May 2024 at 4:52 PM
The site rules say:
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
4. No requests. Unless a creator has specifically said in their signature, profile, or posts that they would like people to PM them with requests, then don't. This site is about learning to make your own content, not asking others to make it for you.
So, you might have luck searching for a request-taking creator by first looking for similar items (want a request a custom car? Search for cars, etc.) and checking each individual creator's profile to see if their DMs are explicitly open for taking requests.

(Sorry, re-reading your post, it seems that you have already addressed this yourself.)

There used to be a thread specifically for creators who take requests, but it's been taken down. It could be that such model (post once - forget about it - keep declining people or never answer because you forgot your account exists) didn't seem sustainable in the long run:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392618
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2024 at 6:45 PM
Garden of Shadows has a board here. https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard....php?board=16.0
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th May 2024 at 11:11 PM
Plenty of Simming Discords also have a request area such as Crafters. Another place is Tumblr where some creators do a requests.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~