Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 6:26 AM
Default The First OFFICIAL Miss S2C Pagent- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
This is it guys...the end....

It's Magic Time baby!

Your sim has had a great adventure, from past to present....
Walking home from your successful space shuttle landing, something catches your eye. You gaze down at the small glimmer coming from behind a bush and what do you see but a gorgeous gold bottle lying between some bushes.

You pick it up.... dust it off and smoke starts pouring from the spout.
A Genie Appears!

(yeah i so went there )

"Hello beholder of the lamp. You have freed me from my slumber. In return I will grant you any three wishes your heart desires"

~What do you wish for?
~How will you decide?
~Why do you chose these 3 wishes?

Photos required-

Please post one photo per wish, and explain what your sim has wished for and why....

And one final photo of your sim (close up) looking beautiful!
Be creative! Be Unique! Be REAL!

Round-
You will have 5 days to finish this round.
Round will end Monday the 2nd at midnight EST
This means midnight on sunday- going into monday

BE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SIM PACKAGED FOR US AT THIS POINT.
GOOD LUCK!

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 6:27 AM
Contestants- (11)

Scores out of a possible 125

1. noema- Anaelis Berg 102
2. Sylla- Lydia Chambers 95
3. Enayla- Cecilia Lynn 114
4. romyhorse- Shuna Alba 103
5. hurtle- Ariadne Jenkins 98-dropped out
6. zora neale- Ayieta Wright 98
7. Hysterical Paroxysm- Sophia de Muse 118 (sorry typoed)
8. .~*Iris*~.-Gaia Ghaoui 95
9. Ms. Useless Knowledge- Kathleen Kelley 96
10. Carmilla07- Tessa Bath 92
11. MimiG- Ella White 92

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 4:41 PM
Default Shuna Alba
Day 1
Today I was given 3 wishes... no, really, I was! I was shocked too, I mean that's what happens in fairytales isn't it? But it's true... This is going to take alot of consideration. I mean, there are lot's of things I could wish for; world peace, eradication of poverty, wiping out George Bush and his advisors... But making dramatic changes like these could have catastrophic effects which I couldn't even begin to imagine, I mean we've all heard of the butterfly effect.

Day 3
Okay, I've have a long think and I'm ready to make my first wish. I decided I would make one wish for humanity, 1 for my family and friends and one for myself. I wish for a universal cure for cancer. I've lost 3 relatives to cancer, and I'm sure most people know someone who has suffered from cancer, so I thought this was a good choice.

Day 4
OMG! I am a millionaire! I didn't realise when I made the wish that the cure would be in my name! I have been inundated with calls from all the major TV networks and newspapers, not to mention all the big drug companies, they all want to know how I discovered the cure! What do I tell them? Well so far I've said nothing, I've taken the phone off the hook and I'm not answering the door. I'm off to find myself a publicist to field all the calls and a lawyer to sort out the patents and financial side of things.

Day 6
I visited the cancer ward at the local Children's Hospital today. They were so excited to see me, they treated me like a celebrity, it was really moving knowing that I'd helped all these children.
Me at the Children's Ward

Day 7
Things are beginning to calm down a bit now, Jennifer Lopez has filed for divorce so I'm old news. I decided I didn't want any of the money from the cancer drug so all the money is going a charity to provide support for people in the poorer areas of the world (plus I have made a sizeable annonymous donation to Hugo Chavez's government, that will tick off Mr Bush, hehehe!).

Day 8
After all the madness of the past week I need a holiday. So that is my second wish, I wish to go on holiday with all my family and friends. Yes, I know I could have used some of the money I got to pay for a holiday but there is always someone who can't get time off work or has a prior engagement, so by wishing for it everyone will be there! I can't wait, it's gonna be great!

Day 13
I am having such a good time here, we're on a private island in the South Pacific, there's no TV, no mobile phones... bliss! During the day we all head to the beach to relax and play with the children, and in the evenings we eat good food, drink nice wine and catch up.
At the beach with my family and friends

Day 21
Well, I'm back home now, rested and ready to go! I've got lot's of new ideas for my new fashion line. I've still got one wish left. This one I've saved just for me! I wish for happiness....

... okay I'm not really feeling ecstatic at the moment... maybe we're not allowed to use the wishes on ourself...

Day 63
I just thought I'd give you an update. A few of the drugs companies are still after my cancer drug but I'm refusing to sell. If I sell it it will get locked away in a vault somewhere, I mean what's more profitable to them, selling 1 tablet to cure cancer or selling 1 tablet twice a day to treat it? Call me a cynic but I'm holding onto my patent!

My fashion business has gone through the roof! My brief flirtation with the press has paid dividends, I've had to take on 6 more staff and last week I was asked to design a wedding dress for a big Hollywood star (I'm bound by a confidentiality contract so I can't say who it is, but let's just say she and Brad are getting married in Nepal in May!).

Oh, and do you remember me telling you about the guy who came in complaining about the dress he bought for his (ex)girlfriend? Well, he came back to the shop a few weeks ago and asked me on a date, and we've been an item ever since. All in all things have been going great for me, I've never been happier... maybe my wish came true after all!
Ben and I at the rehearsals for my first runway show

Beauty is only skin deep
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 5:27 AM
Default Lydia Chambers
Well, you can imagine my surprise when a genie pops out of a bottle and grants me three wishes. You see this things happen on TV and in books, but not in real life. The again, after my recent space mission, I believe anything is possible...

So, I have three wishes, I had to think long and hard on this one, what three things would I want above and beyond anything else at this point in my life? I seriously considered world peace for a while, but it seemed so cliche this being a beauty pageant and all, and I think us humans require some disharmony in life to be able to appreciate all the good that goes with it, specially after talking to the Vahaleez. So still I pondered what to wish for, then it came to me, of course! I want to win this contest! Did I dare wish for it, knowing that I didn't really earn it? That I could be taking the place of someone more deserving than I? That little devil on my shoulder spoke to me, knocking the good angel out... In a blink it was done, I had won!

Now wish number two... I've never had a lot of money, we always had to count our pennies and make the budget stretch and yet it never seemed to go far enough and so I've never been on a real holiday, and after all the work that I've done through out this contest I think I need one! I wished for a holiday and in seconds I found myself at a luxury hotel with all the trimmings and enough cash in my pocket to last through out my time there.

Final wish, so make it count. I kept coming back to the world peace thing, I thought to myself, if we can't have that, what would be the alternative? Ahhhh, why hadn't I thought of that earlier, I'm a teacher and constantly worry about my students, what was the world going to be like when they grow up, and what about their children? So this one was easy, I wished for a safe future for our children, sure it was a pretty broad spectrum wish, but I figured no matter how bad things get on this world, there will be an alternative to guarantee that they are safe.

That's when I woke up and realised it wasn't real...Things are never that easy and nor should they be, that's what makes humans... human!

"It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end..."
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 8:19 AM
Default Tessa Bath
The genie appeared before me and told me he’d grant me 3 wishes. I knew immediately the one thing I wanted more then anything else was knowledge. I’ve always loved to learn new things and in college I took as many classes as I could so I would be able to learn as much as possible.

“I wish to be able to know everything”
“Wish granted”

With that the genie disappeared back into his bottle.

I didn’t feel any different. I also didn’t seem to have any new knowledge. I didn’t know anything that I hadn’t known before. I couldn’t recite the capital of every nation in alphabetical order and I didn’t have any new insight into dark energy.

I decided just back home to study for my biology test I had the next day since my wish didn’t seem to be working. I thought maybe it just took awhile to go into effect after all the information in the universe couldn’t just be crammed into my brain all at once.

I opened my book and started reading. Halfway through the chapter I noticed something. I could remember perfectly everything I just read; every acronym for the proteins and all the steps in to the different cell signaling pathways in the chapter. My stomach started to do flips. It dawned on me this is how my wish was granted I was able to retain everything I learned perfectly. I started reading the chapter again and the more I read the faster I was able to read. I figured I must be learning how to speed read as I was reading. I was flying through the book. I took out every text book I had in the house and read all night about chemistry, physics, calculus, and biology.

When it became morning I got in my car and drove down to my college’s library. I was tired but I didn’t care it was too exciting. The drive took awhile so I had time to think. That’s when I realized another aspect of my wish. I wasn’t just a big computer storing facts I was able to apply things I learned like I never had been able to before. I was connecting things and starting to think about different theories I’d read about. My skin started to tingle as I thought of all the possibilities. I might be able to make breakthroughs in the way we understand the universe; I could develop vaccinations or even cures for many diseases.

Please click the pictures to enlarge

(Working furiously in the library trying to learn as much as I can)

I arrived at the library and went into a flurry of reading books writing out notes on ideas I had. I was rushing around all day trying to read as much as I could. I figured out I could easily learn a language by just reading through a book once. When the library started closing up for the night it felt like I had just got there I still had so much I wanted to read about. On the drive home fatigue hit me and I realized just how tired I really was.

I woke up the next day and my first thought was to get back to the library and check out a few books. Then I remembered I still had two wishes left. I went to my dresser and pulled out the lamp. I knew what I wanted my next wish to be.

“I wish that I can manipulate subatomic particles.”
“Wish granted.”
Again he was gone into his lamp.

This time there was no mistaking that the wish had worked. I became aware of everything. I could feel every cell in my body. I could feel every atom that made up those cells. I became aware of every molecule in the room around me.

I had read enough of the chemistry and physics books that I knew how to rearrange protons and electrons to create new elements and how to arrange atoms to form bonds. I was going to succeed where alchemists had failed for so long. I could turn lead into gold. Or any element into any other for that matter.

I looked around me. The first thing I had to do was some rearranging of my bedroom. I slowly shifted the items around me. My cheap old bed became modern and beautiful and the rest of my room slowly changed to match. I ran to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. Seems like I could use a new hair style too so I ran my fingers through my hair and red streaks appeared.

(Changing junk into medicine).

I went back to my room and sat on my new bed thinking of new things I could do with my wish. Then I remembered a pharmacy book I had begun reading the day before. I realized could create medicines from anything even junk. All the trash people produce I could change it all into medicines for poor countries. I decided to test it and placed and old vase on an end table and changed it into different tuberculosis medicines I had seen in the pharmacy book.

I decided I needed to go get some medical textbooks and do some reading. After going through a few books I started thinking about all the possibilities I could kill viruses and bacteria making people sick myself. I could kill cancer cells precisely anywhere in the body and leave the good cells intact.

A few months went by and I spent most of my time reading and refining my skills at changing things. I still had one wish but I didn’t want to waste it I had to wait till I knew it was something good.

Three months after I made my first two wishes I figured out what I wanted my final wish to be. I rubbed the lamp and told the genie.

“For my final wish, I wish that I can control aging.”
“Wish granted”
This time he not only disappeared into the lamp but the whole lamp disappeared right out of my hands. Off to wait to be found by another person I assume.

(Walking through a neighborhood as it changes through time)

I wouldn’t be limited now by time. I could spend thousands of years learning and helping the world by creating things that they need. I also had made sure to not wish for eternal life or eternal youth. I didn’t want to be forced to live forever watching people die around me so if one day I had, had enough I could allow myself to start aging again and grow old.

By controlling ageing I could also stop the ageing of another person if I wished. If I met someone I wanted to be with I could give them the option of stopping ageing too so we could stay together. I had to be careful with this though since the world is overcrowded I can’t stop everyone from dying. People aren’t meant to live forever. I have to realize this about myself as well and I know one day I will have to age and die like everyone else.

Money is no longer a problem because I can turn anything into gold. I have all the time I want to just learn and read and invent new treatments for disease. I can travel the world and see everything I’ve ever wanted to see since time is no longer a factor. My wishes I hope will help humanity but also allow me to do things I’ve always dreamed of.

#6 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 4:21 PM
Default Ella White, round 4
Somewhere in the safari of Kenya

Just my luck, I try to film the leopards, distractedly move away from the camera a nice little plant that got in the way known as poison ivy (man, that hurts,) fall back, and land on a gold lamp somebody left in no where?...I touch it for a second and a blue man appears?...I must have hit my head.

"You've set me free!" the blue man said. "I give you three wishes of your choice in return; three wishes that will be fulfilled immediately."
"Ehh...who are you," I wondered.
"I'm a Genie!" he replied. "You've never heard of a Genie before? I'm stuck in this lamp for 200 years and the world forgets me?"
"Heh, you've got to be kidding me," I laughed and he stared at me with anger "...you're not kidding? Okay, I've never done anything like this before. Can I choose anything...anything I can think of?"
"Anything your heart desires."

Oh boy, three wishes, just three. There're so many wishes I want to ask running through my head right now, getting married and having a family, finding an amazing job, having more money...but...I believe I can make these wishes come true if I work hard enough and believe in myself, so if I spend one of my three wishes on one of them wouldn't that be a waste?...maybe I could use one of my wishes to ask the Genie to give me more wishes?...no, I can't, I saw that once in Aladdin or I Dream of Jeannie or one of all those Genie shows and movies I've watched and the Genie laughed at that person's face and said there were only two wishes left.
I have to think of wishes I won't regret, I'll never get another chance like this...

"You better hurry," the Genie said. "I don't have all day for you; I got 200 years to catch up."
"I...I came to Africa several weeks ago and...there is so much poverty, so many cases of Aids and other diseases that they don't really know how to protect themselves from...in some of the African countries there are more than 50% of illiterates. They are so many children and adults that could have got so far if they were born in another country or to a rich family, but they were unfortunate to be born to poor families that couldn't afford sending them to school and thus they never learnt how to read and write. My first wish is that any person that goes to school in Africa will be paid twice the yearly averaged salary for going to school and will get bonuses for finishing each year."
"Your wish is my command," he said and winked.
"Wait a minute!" I cried. "Genie, I said every person...and that includes the children and the adults too. If the children get education and the adults don't, they'll feel dependent on their children; it might decrease the stability of their families and increase the level of violence in those families. I want this for everyone and I didn't use another wish yet."
He pondered for a while and said "I let this one go because I'm nice...next time it will count as two wishes," and he winked again.
"I can always bring you back into that bottle if you count one wish as two wishes," I protested.
"You...you can't," he mumbled.
"Yes, I can, I saw it in a movie once."
"Fine!" he shouted. "What's next?"
I didn't trust him and I had to find out for myself if my wish came true or not. "You, stay put. I'm going to go see if my wish came true so far."

My boyfriend, Dan, didn't understand when I came back why I dragged him back to the village and outside of the safari "Wait, there's a zebra there, a real zebra; I never saw a zebra before. I want to see her," he said.
"I'll buy you a zebra doll when we come back to New York, okay?"

I knew where the school was in that village...it was always half empty and they didn't have the equipment a regular school had. It looked the same from the outside though...that genie must have tricked me, I thought. We entered one of the classrooms and I froze.

(Please click on the picture for a full-sized picture)

I couldn't believe my eyes...they had computers, blackboards, modern furniture?! Boy, I must have hit my head hard.

"He did it, he really did it," I mumbled.
"Who did what," Dan stared at me with amazement. "What's going on Ella? You're acting weird"
"Let's go back to the safari; I'll bring you back to the zebra."

The Genie was pacing back and forth where I left him, waiting for me.
"You won't believe it, they were taught how to use a computer...it was amazing," I said.
The Genie didn't really seem to care. "Look kid, I spent two hundred years in that bottle, I want my freedom. Are you going to make another wish or can I go now?"
"I know what I want...that zebra...do you know how many types of zebras became so rear in this world? We did this...with our nuclear energy, electricity, oil digging, trees cutting, the tons of garbage we throw every day...we killed those animals, we ruined nature. I want to fix it. I wish to save nature, that every garbage dump will become a beautiful park, and that the hole in the ozone will be blocked."
"Done," the Genie said and winked. "You have one more wish left."

I had to see how the world looked like now before I made another wish. "You...get in"
"What," the Genie wondered.
"We're going to New York; don't you want to see America?"
After dragging my boyfriend back to the airport ("wait, I still didn't find that zebra!") and carrying that too heavy lamp with me (I couldn't risk losing my last wish,) we got home.

"Taxi," I called. "Take me to the nearest garbage dump."
"Garbage dump," Dan questioned. "Ella...we left Kenya earlier than scheduled, spent more than 24 hours in air...and you're taking me to a garbage dump?! What's going on?"
"Listen Dan, I'll tell you everything when we get to the garbage dump, okay?"
The taxi driver suddenly slowed down so fast I nearly fell "What's wrong?"
"This...this is the garbage dump," he said.
He stopped the cab and we went out, it was amazing! The flowers, the trees, the weather... I stared in amazement when suddenly Dan grabbed me. "Ouch! You pinched me."
"Look," he cried as he ran towards her and started petting her, "A zebra!"

I swear, if he leaves me for that zebra... anyhow, I still had a third wish to ask for, and it didn't take long until I found the wish I was looking for. My grandparents from my mother's side were Holocaust survivors and I can't let anything like this happen ever again, I'll do whatever I can to make sure it doesn't happen again, and the only way I can do this is by stopping racism. I rubbed the lamp again and waited until the Genie came out "hey Genie, time for the third wish. I wish that all people in this world would be treated and treat each other equally, no matter what their color, religion, nationality, sexual preferences, economic state, etc. are, that everyone would respect each other, and that racism would disappear from the face of the earth."

The Genie winked for the same time and cried "I'm free!"

I waved him goodbye and watched him as he left. I've never seen him since but we stayed in touch and he sent me a postcard from a beach in Hawaii a while ago...sometimes I think maybe I should have used one of my wishes for my personal life, but it's too late now. So, until I meet another Genie, it was fun.

Goodbye.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 1:28 AM
Default Cecilia Lynn's Three Wishes
(please, pretty-please, click the images for larger versions – some of them are so much prettier than the small format allows for )

Approached by a Genie... who would've thought? At first, Cecilia doesn't even think it's for real – but the gravity of the situation slowly sinks in. The creature itself is indescribable; beautiful but in the way that music has a lovely colour and chocolate a beautiful melody... we simply do not have the accurate words to describe it. An immaterial, stunning, frightening creature that delivered its offer of Wishes wordlessly... far from the blue-skinned thing that Disney has described to us and that, if anything, Cecilia would have expected.

So, she's been given three wishes... and to be honest, she doesn't quite know what to do with them. The first ones that pop into her head are the typical ones... world peace, a cure to all diseases, no more death... but the more she thinks about it, the more she realises that she can't risk something like that. World peace, for instance, is impossible. Unless you change the nature of mankind, war will break out again as soon as there is peace.... and if you change the nature of mankind, who knows what we might be left with instead? What would the consequences be if all diseases were cured? If no one ever died?

She doesn't want power, either. Cecilia, though she has other flaws, has never been a greedy person. She doesn't want money and she doesn't want to make her way into this world 'cheating', like it would feel like if she didn't struggle ahead on her own. She spends a few days, her head feeling heavy with thought, trying to come up with at least one wish to start with.

Her first wish is for the sea.

When she was little, she lived by the ocean with her family. She'd begin every day, barefoot on the beach – following the winding line of the shoals down towards the cliffs. She'd pick the seashells washed ashore, help a starfish back into the water, and listen to the forlorn cries of the seagulls above. At night, she'd lie awake listening to the hum of the waves and song of the winds, and it was her... home.

At noon, her father would take her hand and together they'd wade out into the water and they'd cover their noses and dive under the surface... and when she opened her eyes, there was a world there unlike anything else, the fish shimmering in the softened sunlight.

Every year since then, though, the water has seemed greyer. Every year, there are less fish glittering like stars in the depths. Every year, the white sand becomes darker with dirt and she finds the ragged corpses of oily seagulls slumped where there used to be bright red starfish.

So, her first wish is for the sea.

For the sea to be clean again, for the fish to come back, for the seagulls to cry out joyfully in the twilight hours. She doesn't just want it the way it was when she was little; she wants it purer, cleaner, the way it was before humans came along, before the ships dumped their filthy cargo out among the clear waves, before the cities released their streams of dirt into the rivers.

And, most of all, she wants it to stay that way. For the sea to always be as if mankind's pollution, greed and negligence never has had, and never will have, any effect upon it.

She goes to her childhood beach again, the next day, and under the sun's golden light – the sea stretches clear and clean before her eye, the waves tipped with bright white foam. It smells of salt and fish, and she shuts her eyes and imagines being a little girl running through the water, watching the glitter of tiny fish flee from the thumping of her feet. She dresses down to her bathing suit and jumps in.

When she opens her eyes, she sees the secret world of the sea... but now, there are no broken bottles in the sand, no old cans, no car tires and no junk the way there had been last time she took a swim here. She is enchanted, overjoyed, spends hours swimming around her childhood waters – until the clear, fresh depths let her see the ominous shape of a shark farther out at sea... she swims hurriedly to the shore, realising that if all the fish are back, there will be more sharks, more predators, but that's okay. That's how the sea is supposed to be. Dangerous but beautiful... you can't tame nature without ruining it.

Her second wish is for the animal kingdom.

The thing with nature is... we're running it over. We build cities that sprawl where there used to be forests. We build farms where there used to be woods, so that the deserts sweep in over unprotected land. We frighten the animals off into the shadows and those that can adapt to the human ways skulk around our homes – always fleeing from exterminators.

We run over them with our cars. Shoot them when we hunt, slaughter them for food and torture them for fun and fur. They're killed, stripped of every dignity, and their heads decorate our walls. Their horns make for clothes' hangers or door handles. We use their very bones to make ornaments and hilts for daggers that are then employed to butcher more animals.

Just cleaning up the world won't change these things. Even if the air was fresh to breathe, old ladies would still wrap themselves up in mink and never think twice about it. Even if the pollution goes away, there will be no safe home for anyone but humans as we spread across the globe. So Cecilia's second wish is for the animals.

She wants a haven in every country. Places where the animals can live as they are supposed to. A park is still polluted when the rest of the world is, there are poachers, invaders, and as the cities spread wider the space saved for animals will dwindle away. What she wishes for, are places that humans can't visit. Wide open spaces in India where the Tigers can roam, dark, lush forests in Germany where the wolves are free to live and hunt... not only untouched by human influence, but untouchable, so that regardless of how we mess the world up, at least there will be a place where animals – who have no way to stop us or interfere with our plans – can live their lives.

An Eden for the creatures of this world.

The next day, all the zoos are empty. The cages in the mink farms gather dust. Cecilia travels to one of these safe places and finds a herd of horses grazing nearby – they lift their heads and watch her cautiously as she approaches. Perhaps they sense that this paradise is her work, because slowly some of them approach and let her touch their brows, bowing their heads gracefully.

It's a kind of happy she didn't know existed, feeling their gratitude in the warmth of their noses against her hands. She remains there for an entire day, watching the horses, the flocks of shy birds and a few deer darting by beyond the edge of the forest.

Her third wish is for Allegro.

When they both were only nineteen years old, Cecilia's fiancé took a wrong turn in a curve on his way home, and plunged off a cliff in his car. He'd been so eager, a bouquet of roses for her on the seat next to him, a happy smile on his lips... then he'd been gone. She never got to say goodbye.

She'd been in love with Allegro since they were both children, and if she closes her eyes – she still remembers the very first time they kissed, hiding outside her parents' house on the porch. He'd tasted of apples and honey.

He's been gone for years now, but she can't let him go. Still, six years later, she rolls over every morning into the cold, empty spot next to her in bed, buries her face in the pillow where his warmth used to be... desperately longing for at least the scent of him.

She knows it is greedy, she knows she has no right to ask him back – but her heart is broken and without him at her side, she can't seem able to pick up the pieces.

So that's her third wish, dearer to her than any of the others. To be reunited with her beloved Allegro.

When Allegro returns to her, in the early evening... he does not come back in the flesh. She can see the sun slowly setting, the glittering rays of light going through his translucent body.

He is gone, already, many years dead and no wishes she makes can bring him back the way he once was.

It is at once both the most wonderful moment of her life, and the most painful one. Allegro standing before her once again, as handsome as she remembers him; reaching out to touch her though his fingertips drift eerily through her cheek. His eyes are clear and bright, the way the sea from her childhood was and the scent of him – that fragrance she knows so well – it plays with her senses and brings tears trailing down her cheeks.

Allegro, sweet Allegro, she asked for him back though she knew she had no right to. It has been so long since he's gone and she doesn't know where he's been... she doesn't know if he's happy, if he's moved on... if he is content and at peace. She doesn't know what happened to him after he drew his last breath. There is no bringing someone back, not when they've gone somewhere she can't follow.

He lets her know that he is at peace. He wishes for her to be, as well. Those broken shards of her heart she couldn't piece back together, he picks up and puts gently back in place,

"You have to live on, butterfly."

She can almost feel his lips on hers when he leans in, the near-kiss so beautiful and painful that she'll remember it 'til the day she dies.

They dance one last time, as they would have on their wedding night. Then, with a quiet, secret whisper into her ear... he's gone again.

The Rolling Stones once sang,
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need

Saying goodbye to Allegro was what she needed.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 2:23 PM
Default 3 Wishes for Sophia de Muse
Upon returning from Elysium, I found myself directionless. What I had experienced on my journey had changed me profoundly, and I found walking the same old streets, staring at the neon lights and the ads plastered on every surface, seeing the pain and suffering of my fellow man disheartening. For a while, I found myself unable to leave my studio, sleeping on the couch in the corner in short three-hour naps, eating only when the hunger was too distracting, unable to tear myself away from my paints and canvases, driven to paint the faces I had seen on my journey, unable to do anything else. When I ran out of canvases I started painting the walls, and then the floor, and then finally, when I had nothing left to paint, and my whole studio was filled with glittering silver eyes and spotted blue skin, I went down to the beach.

It wasn't far from my place on the shore. The day was cool and breezy, and I was glad for my sweater, even if I had been wearing it for several days. It was a gloomy day, with heavy grey clouds hanging in the sky, and on the breeze, I could smell the threat of rain. For a while, I just walked down the shore, hands stuffed into my pockets, my boots trudging through the wet sand, watching the sea birds soar and dive, playing above the glittering aquamarine sea. My thoughts were as clouded as the sky, and I found myself searching for answers in the patterns of nature laid out before me, wishing for some sign of meaning in the glint off the ocean waves.

CLINK. My foot hit something as I walked. I looked down and saw something brassy and metallic sticking out of the sand. I reached down and brushed at it with my fingers... it was something buried. Curious what I had found, I dug down into the sand, scooping out handfuls until I had unearthed it, wiping my sandy hands on my pants. It looked like an old oil lamp, badly scarred by time and the elements, though a few glittering stones still left clinging around the handle spoke of its former beauty. There was some sort of engraving on the side, but it was obscured by tarnish and wet sand. I rubbed at the engraving with my sleeve, trying to make out what it was.

There was a sudden puff of red smoke that enveloped me, pouring out at an incredible rate from the spout of the lamp. I cried out and dropped it, stumbling and tripping over my own feet, falling back onto the sand. I watched as the red smoke began to take on a shape, and then suddenly, it dissipated, and I was left staring up at a stylishly-dressed, beautiful woman who seemed rather dismayed that she was standing on a sandy beach in high heels, picking up her feet and making a sad little noise. She noticed me splayed back on the beach, straightened up, and said in a rather bored, recited tone, "Behold, bearer of the lamp. You have awoken me from my slumber. Speak your wishes three, and they shall be granted."

I blinked in astonishment, my mouth hanging open as I stared up at her. She put her hands on her hips, looking impatient, and clucked her tongue. "Didn't mean to, did you? Ugh, they never mean to. Fine, I suppose you want an explanation, then, right?"

"I'm... confused..." I managed to stammer.

"Well, no kidding." She extended a hand, her fingernails painted shiny red. I took her hand and she pulled me back up to my feet. I brushed off my backside as she crossed her arms, her jewelry clinking softly, and said, "Well, I suppose it's obvious I'm the genie of this lamp."

"Genie?" I looked her up and down. "You don't look much like a genie. You're wearing heels and a denim skirt."

She made an huffed, exasperated, blowing her bangs off her forehead. "How many genies have you seen before, huh? None, right? Then how would you know what we wear? It's always 'you don't look like a genie' isn't it? Never 'wow, I love your shoes' or 'what a cute skirt.' Gah, people watch one or two movies about the middle ages, think they know everything there is to know about genies. Hey, look, it's a human, and it's not wearing the fur of some animal it killed with spears and skinned! What gives?!"

I backed up a step, "Um... Sorry if I offended you. Just... not what I expected."

Her expression softened a little. "It's... okay. Just haven't been wearing that silly harem garb since Scheherazade. So impractical, all those scarves and things. Give me a nice pair of pumps and a Wonderbra any day."

I looked down at my own clothing, frumpy and comfortable for the mood I'd been in, and felt a little plain. I also realized I was comparing my clothing to a genie's I'd met on the beach, and took a moment to blink confusedly at the entire situation.

"So... anyway... about those wishes..." She tapped her toe a little, glancing at her watch.

"Right, um, I get three wishes, is that how this goes?"

The genie rolled her eyes. "Yes, that's how this goes. You pick three things you want, within reason, I grant them."

"I can pick anything?"

She sighed again, shaking her head as if she were explaining something to a small child who wasn't understanding. "I said within reason. They're wishes, not miracles. I can't make world peace or bring people back from the dead. Just... wish for money, power, and sex beyond your wildest dreams like everyone else and be done with it so I can go, okay?"

"But... I don't really want or need those things."

The genie threw up her hands in disgust, pacing away a few steps before coming back. "Great, I've got a philosopher on my hands. Fine... you got a chair or something around here while I wait?"

"Um, look, if this is some sort of problem, you can go, I don't need any wishes."

"Ugh... you really are clueless, aren't you? You rubbed the lamp, you have to wish. That's how it works. I can't leave until you use all three."

I scratched at the back of my neck, thinking hard. The genie pulled a nail file out of her pocket and started filing her nails, shooting me grumpy looks as she did. I looked away, staring out at the sea, trying to think. Finally, I smiled as it came to me.

"Okay... I know what I want to wish for." I turned back toward her and nodded.

"... Well?"

"One wish for everyone, for the whole world. One wish for the people I love and care for. And one wish just for me."

She clasped her hands together, giving me a mocking look. "Well, isn't that just precious. Fine, what are they?"

"For the whole world, I wish for a beautiful dream the next time everyone sleeps. The same dream for all of them, of peace and contentment, of family and home and community, of love and happiness and togetherness, beauty, and gentleness. You can't grant world peace... but maybe you can plant the seed of wanting some sort of peace, some better community of mankind. Can you do that?"

The genie was quiet for a moment, and then a little smile crossed her lips. "Yes, I can do that. The next time every human sleeps, each one will get the same dream, as you describe, of peace and beauty."

I thanked her, and then said, "For everyone I love and care for, I want one night of fun, with everyone together. My family, my friends, the ones I know in person and the ones that are scattered all over the world... I want us all to be able to come together in one place, meet each other, eat, drink, and be merry. That is my second wish."

At that, she chuckled, nodding with a grin. "I like that one. Okay. How about... a beach party, right here, tonight, after the sun goes down?"

"Yes, that's perfect! Don't forget all the cool people from MTS2 and S2C, and all the people on my MSN!"

The genie smirked. "I already know who you want to invite. Genie, remember? Okay... and then for yourself?"

I looked down at my shoes, then back up at her. "I... wish for some way to be able to go back to Elysium whenever I want."

"You can have all the money in the world, live forever, power beyond your wildest dreams, a pile of the hottest people you could imagine to do your bidding... and you want to be able to go see the speckled smurfs again?"

I felt hot tears welling in my eyes, and I looked out at the sea, forcing myself to be composed, refusing to cry in front of her. I looked up at her and just nodded. "Yes. I wish for a way to go back there... Please." My voice dropped to a pleading whisper.

There was a sudden pity in her experession, and she nodded, reaching out to pat at my shoulder. "I was just kidding with you. Of course." She reached into the pocket of her jean skirt and pulled out a small electronic device. "This will let you teleport at will from Elysium and back again." I took it from her and looked at it. There was one big green button that was clearly the "make it go" button, and a lot of other ones with strange symbols. "What do all the rest of these do?"

She gave me a stern look. "Don't push those."

I blinked. "Why?"

"Do you really want to change the settings and end up falling through some far off gas giant?"

I whimpered. "No..."

"Then don't push those."

"Okay." I nodded, slipping the teleporter into my pocket. "Thank you... I guess that's it, then."

The genie smiled at me. "I'll stick around till your party's finished. You'd better get home and change first, though. That frumpy sweater is not doing anything for you." She paused a moment, wrinkling her nose. "I think you need a shower too. Yech."

I blushed a little. "Okay, um, I guess I meet you back here at sundown, then?"

"Yeah, that'll work."

I almost sprinted back to my loft, suddenly filled with a new sense of hope. I was dancing in the shower (in such a silly way that I nearly slipped and fell and cracked my skull... what fun it would have been trying to explain to the genie that I'd had to go to the hospital rather than my party) and as I got dressed, I found myself singing with glee. Suddenly everything had changed.

The sky was glowing a pinkish orange as I made my way back down to the beach. The day had brightened, the clouds blowing away to let it warm enough that I felt comfortable in my sleeveless dress as the day waned. The genie was waiting for me there on the beach, and when I arrived, she waved a hand and the beach suddenly turned into... a beach party, full of people I knew, though many I didn't recognize.

They seemed confused, bewildered by their sudden presence on the beach in party clothes... My little brother wandered over, scratching his head, and asked me what was going on. I laughed and said, "It's a party! Come on, everyone, boogie with me!" Cheerful music started playing, and soon, everyone overcame their confusion and got into the spirit of things. I think the keg helped. I got to meet a lot of people I'd wanted to meet for a long time, and saw old friends from school that I hadn't seen in years. We danced into the night, and had an amazing dinner eaten by moonlight and party lights, and I couldn't have been happier.

Eventually, though, it was nearing midnight, and the genie, who is quite a dancer even on sand in those heels, came over and grinned, taking another sip of her pina colada. "You've got some great friends," she said, "It is getting late though, and I think everyone's winding down."

I nodded in agreement, and took a few minutes to go around and hug everyone and thank them for coming. I watched as, one by one, at midnight, they all faded and disappeared, going back to their normal lives. I turned to the genie, standing watching me on the beach, her elegant hands folded in front of her.

"I hope that was what you wanted."

I smiled. "Oh yes. That was wonderful. Thank you."

She nodded her acknowledgement. "Good, good. I'll be heading back to the lamp, now. Your first wish will happen as everyone sleeps, and... don't try to change the batteries on your third wish. They'll last forever anyway, and if you open that compartment, you'll, um, be sterile."

I blinked. "Okay. I'll remember that. Thanks again."

There was a sudden puff of red smoke, and the genie was gone. I looked around on the beach for the lamp, but I couldn't find it. Perhaps the tide had washed it out to sea again.

I went back to my loft, and after a hot bubble bath, I went to bed. That night, my dreams were filled with beauty, with art and music, the laughter of children, and the glory of nature. I was overcome by a profound sense of peace, wellbeing, and contentment, a love for my fellow man, and a deep desire to continue that feeling forever.

I was almost sad to wake up, but I smiled as I did, the new day's light warm on my face, and I felt filled with hope and light. It was a wonderful feeling, especially knowing that everyone else would feel that way the next time they awoke, too. I got up, changed, and made myself a big breakfast and ate it sitting on my living room floor in front of the television, watching cartoons and giggling happily to myself. When I finished, I stretched out on the couch, turning the television off and sitting in quiet contemplation for a while, taking in what I had experienced.

I looked at my jeans laying over the back of the chair in the corner, where I'd shed them as I'd danced through the house the day before, and saw the bulge in the pocket of the device I'd been given for my third wish. I went and pulled the device from the pocket, holding the cool metal in my hand, looking down at it in silence for a few minutes. Taking a deep breath, I pushed the big green button.

There was a blinding flash of blue light that issued forth from the device in a beam, and a shimmering portal opened in my living room.

I gaped at the shining vortex for a long moment, until I noticed that it was shrinking little by little. Tucking the device into my pocket, I summoned my courage and took a running leap through the portal.

I fell in a heap on the other side, but as I pushed myself up off the ground, I looked up and saw a plum-coloured sky. I was back on Elysium. I smiled, delighted, and looked around. The city was behind me, just a short walk. I patted my pocket and my wonderful little gadget, and set off toward the city to find Orpheus, a spring in my step as their sun painted the sky the rusted rainbow of dusk. Tonight, I just wanted to enjoy the gift I'd been given, this wonderful chance to visit paradise whenever I chose. Next time, I'd have to bring my swimsuit.

(Please click pics for larger versions!)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 2:04 AM
Default Coffee with a genie
We made it back from the moon of Jupiter safely. We warned the ISA about the wicked queen, and they began monitoring the moons of Jupiter for shipsapproaching Earth. They also developed space-based defenses that could destroy any danger heading towards Earth.

With that catastrophe averted, I went back to work at the museum. The latest batch of artifacts from the current dig sponsored by the museum, on the island of Crete in the Mediterranean, sat waiting for me to open. I eagerly donned my working clothes, and tackled the crates. There were enough gorgeous treasures here for me to set up an entire exhibit! I was holding one of the items, an exquisite oil lamp, imagining just how to show them off to best advantage, when I noticed some dust on the side of the lamp. I reached out to gently brush it off, when suddenly, a blue burst of light filled the room, and there, standing in front of me, was a giant of a man!

He was dressed in the attire of ancient Arabia, complete down to the pointed shoes. He was very tall and muscular, with long black hair pulled up into a high ponytail, a golden pair of hoops dangling from his ears. But the most astounding thing about him was the golden cast of his skin, and his glowing blue eyes!

I stumbled backward as he looked me up and down, and then glanced around the room, as if deciding how to proceed. Then he looked down into my face, and spoke in a booming voice, "I am the genie Kadar. Who has called me? "

A GENIE? Was this a dream? I pinched myself quickly, and since it hurt, I swallowed and nervously responded, "Um, I guess I did. My name is Kathleen."
He nodded, noting my confusion, and queried, "You are familiar with the rules of the genii?"
"Nope, afraid not. You are my first genie. I thought your kind existed only in fairy tales." I stammered, trying to regain my wits.
"The fairies have a totally different system," he replied. "Genii follow simple rules. Whoever frees the genie from the lamp gets three wishes. So, what would you like?"

"I don't really need any wishes," I stammer nervously. "Thanks for asking, though."

He glared at me and bellowed,"You must follow the rules! What do you want?"
I realized that I would have to go along with him, or it could get ugly.

I stepped back, hands up. "Oh, no! I have seen movies like this. I am not going to make these wishes too quickly, and mess them up. I need a little time."
Yeah, a little time to get you calmed down so you won't kill me, I thought.

The genie crossed his arms over his chest and frowned down at me. I thought quickly. Maybe I should try kindness - perhaps more flies will be caught with honey instead of vinegar, as my grandmother would say. I certainly didn't want to tick this guy off any more!

"While you wait, can I get you anything? Would you care for something to eat or drink?" I asked the genie cautiously, hoping that whatever he requested wasn't too outrageous.

The genie stared hard at me. It took me a minute to realize that he was stunned by my offer of hospitality, and needed a minute to recover.

"No one has ever asked what I wanted before. Usually they are prepared with their wishes and finish quickly, or they are rash and squander their opportunity." He seemed uncomfortable being so candid, and his blustery demeanor faded. "I have never met anyone who wished to take time to consider the consequences of their actions. You are an unusual human."

"I get told that a lot," I nodded, hoping that our rapport would continue to improve. I led him upstairs, and sat him down at the table in our break area.

"Would you like a soda, or coffee? I could also make you a cup of tea. We also have some bagels and cream cheese and a few banana nut muffins left from our staff meeting this morning. Or I could order take-out?" I babbled nervously, clueless about what a genie might like for a snack. I hoped that it wasn't me.

Kadar looked at me, an amused expression on his face, as if he knew what I was thinking. "A bagel would be nice. And some coffee. I like it strong with 3 sugars." With that, he stretched and leaned back, crossing his arms behind his head, and closed his eyes.

I quickly popped him a bagel in the toaster, fixed his coffee, and got the cream cheese and jelly out of the fridge. I prepared his plate, and set it and the coffee in front of him. I poured myself a cup of coffee as well, and sat down across the table from him.

He looked at the food, and began spreading cream cheese on his bagel. In two bites, it was gone, followed quickly by the coffee. So much for that stalling strategy.

"Would you like some more?" I started to get up, but he quickly put his hand onto my arm to stop me.

"No, thank you. I appreciate the hospitality, but I no longer need anything else. I do need to do this," and with that, Kadar reached out and placed both hands on either side of my head. My eyes closed, and thoughts flashed through my head as if caught in a hurricane. When I opened my eyes, Kadar was studying me intently, as if surprised by what he saw.

He began slowly, "We genii usually do not advise our masters on their wishes. However, I have decided something. You are a considerate human, so I will help you . Usually the people who seek to call us genii are selfish or power-hungry, and we look for any opportunity to misunderstand or confuse their wishes. It is rare if ever we discover a person who deserves the gift which only we can bestow. This makes our burden worth all of the hardship, if we find someone like you."

"What do you mean, hardships? I would think it would be wonderful, to have all of your powers." I looked at him intently, aware that he began to look very solemn and sad.

"We genii are born with the burden of being a slave to the lamp. We must follow the rules and grant the wishes of our masters, until we win our freedom." Kadar turned away, looking into the distance.

I watched him for a few moments. Then I exclaimed,"What if I give you my wishes? You could wish yourself and two of your friends free."

He looked up in surprise. "I appreciate your offer, but that isn't allowed. I have to give you what you wish for. My freedom can only be won by doing what the gods believe is worthy."

I sat and thought. What would be worthy of a wish? I thought of world peace, an end to hunger and disease, and renewing the environment. All of those sounded wonderful, but I was worried that such drastic changes would destabilize the governments of the world. I was worried that if those problems were solved, that bigger ones would grow in their place.

I looked at the genie and began, "What if we actually knew what had happened in the past? All of the wisdom and foolishness that actually took place? We could learn from the mistakes, and not repeat them. We could recover the knowledge lost in the Dark Ages."

Kadar nodded and smiled, encouraging me to continue.

"My first wish is to have the ability to travel into the past, and observe and record the events as they actually happened, then return to my own time and teach people about what really happened." I smiled at the thought, and turned to look at him.

Kadar smiled back. "I shall also make you invisible and incorporeal, so you will not influence the time stream. You only have to speak aloud the place, date and time of which you wish to go, and you will be transported to the closest safe area. I promise, you won't appear inside a volcano or anything like that. You only have to speak your home destination to return to the present. Go ahead - try it out."

I jumped up and ran to my desk to grab my camera. I spoke carefully to Kadar, "I want to see Ancient Rome. How about the Temple of Aphrodite in Athens, 20 AD?" FLASH!!!

I am actually in Ancient Rome! I can't wait to begin filming these sites in their original glory!

I stared in awe at the beautiful temple and grounds. I couldn't believe that I was actally here, looking at the complete temple instead of ruins! I wanted to run around and film everything!

But suddenly, I became worried. What if Kadar had fooled me, and I was stuck here? Quickly, I stammered, "I want to go home to my museum on Oct 1, 2006." With that, the beautiful ruins winked out, and my office winked back into existance. My coffee was still steaming on the table, and Kadar looked knowingly up at me.

"Wondering if I had fooled you?" he laughed. "I would have trapped you there, had you been insincere or arrogant in your request. But you will be treated with respect and dignity. Do not fear me. I will do you no harm nor put you in any situation which will be hazardous without protection. Now, how was your trip?"

"It was fabulous. I cannot wait to do it again. How long was I gone?" I asked, sipping my coffee.

"You returned only seconds after you left. That way, you can make maximum use of your time in the past. What about wish number two?"

I pondered that one for a long while as well. Kadar got up, refilled both our coffee mugs, grabbed another bagel and two muffins, and sat down to watch me stew. "Well," I said, "I guess that I wish for the opportunity to teach what I see. I want to be able to show the world what really happened, so that we may learn from our mistakes."

"All right. I am giving you your unlimited web site, instantly available on all computers around the world. You have total control of all of the content, and will never need to worry about funding or equipment. If you need it, you will get it. I will make sure of it. Also, every human will have access to the Internet. All of the information will be broadcast in whatever the native language of the viewer is, to prevent language from being a barrier. I also have given you a glamour of credability, so that people will believe your videos rather than disregard them as clever hoaxes. I have unmade many disreputable con artists by doing the opposite," he chuckled. "I expect you to use this kind of influence wisely."

I am teaching a class about history, while they access my website to see the footage of the actual events I am describing. A historian's dream come true!

"Okay, that takes care of one and two. What about wish number three?" He sat back, expecting me to take even longer to come up with this answer.

"This one is easy. I wish for my family to be healthy and happy. I want my kids to grow up well and be successful and happy in their lives. I want my grandkids and great-grand-kids to do the same, and so on. I want the lives that we all touch to be made better by our presence, and for the world to continue to be a better place." I looked dreamily at my globe, hoping that the world would be a better place in the future.

I wish for my family to be healthy and happy! What more could a mother want?

Kadar looked at me and smiled yet again. "I should count that as many wishes instead of one, but I see how to work it. For you, I shall make sure that your family and descendants are happy, healthy and successful, and always leave the world a better place than it was before they came along. They shall continue your legacy, of being able to learn from the past, and will help others benefit from the lessons learned. You have done well."

He stood up and stretched, and put his coffee cup next to the sink. "It is time for me to go," he began, but a red ball appeared before him. It bobbed at his eye level, flashing and strobing.

A voice spoke from the ball. "Genie Kadar, you have done a great and noble thing. You have found a worthy human, and helped her to formulate wishes that will forever alter the course of human existance. The effects of her wishes will change the course of history on earth for the better, and you are to thank. You have earned your freedom. Go, Kadar, and be free!"

With a blast of red light, the ball was gone. So was Kadar's lamp.

Kadar stood there, his mouth agape to the point of nearly touching the floor.
"Free? I never dreamed...." He looked as if he were going to faint. I helped him back into his chair, and brought him some coffee.

After a few minutes, I asked him, "Hey, do you still have all of those genie powers? I have a few new jobs opening up, and I could use someone with your talents." He looked at me, and we both began laughing in delight. We didn't stop for a long, long time.

Here I am, ready to change the world! When do I begin?
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 2:10 AM
Default Gaia Ghaoui : Last Round
It had been a week since I had had my entrancing alien encounter…

I had had trouble sleeping ever since, and never seemed to know why.
It was a warm summer night. For the first time in days I had managed to fall asleep correctly.

Images began rushing through my mind, as always when we drift slowly in our dreams…

Only this dream was rather peculiar… I had had millions of odd dreams, but this one seemed so… real.

A woman of divine beauty appeared in front of me. She was surrounded by light, so bright for my fragile human eyes that I could barely see her face.

A deep voice resonated like an echo: “Gaia…”

I whispered: “Who…are you?”

She smiled and answered me: “Let’s just say I’m a genie…And let’s just say you have just freed me from my lamp…”

“I don’t understand…what do you want from me?”

“The real question is what do you want from me?”

I didn’t understand.

She smiled again and continued: “What does your heart truly desire the most?”

“So many things… so so many things! If only the world had less misery… If only human beings appreciated more life, if only they could realize how short it is, and how deep it can be if we take the time to know what our heart desires and what our soul craves for. If only they realized that love is the answer to everything… The material world is worthless in the life beyond, yet people kill and die for it… Why do we have to suffer to be happy? Why are there killers and criminals? I wish life was simpler, I wish people wouldn’t suffer when it is not their fault, I wish love was our life source…”

The bright figure sighed and held my shoulder.

“These are great wishes and very obvious. Believe me you are not the only one who begs for answers to these difficult questions… But I’m afraid I cannot grant you your wishes… First of all because your wishes are too wide, the impact will affect so many people, the consequences are to great to bare… I mean even God never messes with free will… and second of all, I can only grant you three wishes…”

Somehow, I knew this was too much to ask. If there really was an easy answer to this, the world would have become a better place for all a long time ago…

“Choose wisely…”

I closed my eyes and sank deeply into my thoughts, trying to listen closely to my heart…

And it came to me… Three wishes…

One for my inner child…

One for the woman I am…

And one for the woman I will become…

I had always dreamed of being a mermaid… When I was a child, I would watch Peter Pan and read the book over and over again to swim away to Never Never Land and imagine myself as a mermaid. It was what, as a child, I mostly desired…

“I wish I could be…a mermaid –I felt really embarrassed by my wish- just for a day, or a few hours, just to know what it feels like, and-“

“You do not need to justify yourself. Your wish is yours and yours only. It is granted…When you wake up, don’t be shocked of the smell of fish, it is completely normal!”

She laughed.

“Now, your second wish?”

My second wish was to be able to go back in time. No, not to change it, but to be able to see and relive the most beautiful moments of my life, and meditate on the most difficult ones. This way, memory won’t be an obstacle anymore. I would be able to remember everything that had happened in my life, not having the trouble of forgetting them as I grew older. As for the difficult times, it would be a way to understand who I have become today, and observe the evolution of my mind and the way I think. Reliving the most difficult times of my life would also be a way to liberate myself from traumatisms I was never able to overcome…

“I wish… I could go back in time whenever I wanted to, not as myself, but as a spectator of my own life… “

“Your wish is granted…whenever you feel like going back in time, just have think about the memory you want to relive… the rest will happen on its own… Final wish…”

My final wish was to be bale to age without suffering. I did not want eternal life or youth. It is the most terrible thing to wish for…How could someone be happy knowing that their soul will never find rest and peace?
No, all I wanted was to age normally and pass away in the end, like everyone else, but without the pain and difficulties elder people encounter. I want to live life fully. Even in my last years. I want to be able to walk, run, swim, without asking myself if my back will allow it today or not. Of course, I wish the same for the man I am willing to spend the rest of my life with… Because I want to be able to go dancing on the seashore with my love at the age of ninety… Life is too short. I don’t want my body to be an obstacle. And this will allow me to become wiser, for I will live life at its fullest and learn as many things as I can until the very end…and of course, my love for my husband and his love for me will stay the same, for love is sometimes forgotten when we grow old and have daily health problems…

“This wish is for me and the man I will spend the rest of my life with…I want us to grow old and die without the pain and difficulties every elder faces everyday…”

“Your wish is granted…My work is done…”

“Wait! Why are you doing this? What did I do to deserve this?”

She grinned and said: “Let’s just say it’s a little sign that you are not alone…”

She faded away slowly, and felt myself falling, faster…faster…

I felt a great weight falling on my chest, as if something had returned to me…My lips were dry. I passed my tongue over them and tasted the sweet taste of… sand?!

Where am I?!

I was on a beach, on some deserted island, and all I could see in front me was water, lots and lots of water.

The sea was beautiful. I had never seen water this clear. I got up and… wait, why couldn’t I get up…and why do I smell like fish??

I looked at myself and screamed…

I was a fish. Well, that was what the adult Gaia saying. But what little Gaia screamed in my head was “MERMAAAAIIID!!!”

I screamed again, but of delight this time, and crawled to the sea. Nothing had ever felt so good! I swam for hours, exploring the deep blue sea, swimming with dolphins and racing them to the shore. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me! Actually, I didn’t really believe any of it… yet it felt so real…

I lay on the sand, smiling the big smile of satisfaction, and I fell asleep under the sun.

I woke up to find myself in my bed… It had all been a dream after all…

Yet I still stinked like a fish! I ran to the bathroom and took a long bath… I remembered the whole outrageously odd dream… if it was true, like the smell of fish was proving to me, then I had to be able to go back in time…

I thought deeply of the first time I kissed George, my “boss” and boyfriend whom I am deeply in love with… It was one of the most beautiful memories I have, and I cherish it dearly…

“I…can’t stop thinking about you…I try to deny my feelings, but I just can’t anymore…”
“I feel the same way… ever since we started being friends, I couldn’t help being attracted to you…”

No…it couldn’t be…

I opened my eyes and saw myself as I was almost a year ago, leaning towards George…

Wow…It really was amazing… It looks wonderful from here… Whoa…was my hair that long? I should really stop cutting it, it looks pretty ni-

Ok wait…I can go back in time?

Then… then it’s all true… all of it! A gift from somewhere beyond this material world…

I knew my third wish had been granted… And more and more I felt George was the one who would share this gift with me…

But I am way too young to think about it now.

I still have all my life to live…

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 4:29 AM
Default Anaelis Berg - Final Round
Walking along the forest suddenly i saw something shiny lying between some bushes. I struggled to turn on the thing, and in so doing appeared no light, but a genie just like the one in Disney’s Aladdin story. He dispensed with the introductions and got straight to the three wishes thing. "I can get anything I wish for?", I asked joking around. ”You awoke me, and I must... I must grant you..." ”But”, my new friend admonished me, "I can only grant you three, capisci? Anything you want, but not all you've ever want. You must decide and choose the most important for you"

OK, my first wish:
I wish to be have perfect fluency and virtuosity in all forms of communication. This would include mastery of all languages as well as all types of musical instruments and other forms of artistic expression.

2nd wish:
My second wish is to grant people suffering from deadly diseas excellent health.They are just like everybody else; they worked for years to provide for their families, the people we see each morning at the coffee shop, the man who repairs your car with a smile, the elderly wife you see in the aisles of the local grocery store, your next-door neighbors, your friends.They are no different than anyone of you, and yet they are fighting each and every day for their survival.

3rd wish:
I wish I could have a LOT of money.I would use my money to help myself better so I could help better the people in need. I always wanted to help people. Now this is my chance.

I hope everyone's wishes come true.
Good luck !

#12 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 5:12 AM
Default Ayieta Wright: Final Round
Ayieta: I would just like to thank you all for the opportunity to participate in this contest. I'm certainly proud of what I've accomplished; it's been a blast and I've never felt more beautiful.

And now, for my final round.

+ + + + +

So about a week after being zapped back to Earth in one piece (more or less) I saw an advertisement for an Estate Sale in Annapolis. I figured I could use a day vacation. And I love a good shopping trip. Estate sales, garage sales, white elephant sales, rummaging at T.J. MAXX...you never know what you'll find. It's like the modern girl's treasure hunt.

I happened upon an interesting looking old lamp for a bargain price! All it needed was a good polish, so I carted it home. I couldn't contain my excitement, however, and gave a little rub in the car.
POOF.

" 'Sup, babydoll? " he replied. "You're lucky you caught me while I was home. I am...THE GEEEEENIE OF THE LAAAAAMP, but you can call me by my name, Esper. I like to keep an informal relationship with my clients."

After gaining control of the car and pulling into an abandoned parking lot, I looked "Esper" up and down...and could not contain the laughter. First I'm beamed to a planet full of one-eyed Trekkies and now this?

"Well, you're blue, just like the cartoon said you'd be...but shouldn't you be wearing M.C. Hammer parachute pants and singing a song?" I giggled.

Esper cupped his head in his hands and sighed. "D*** that Walt Disney. That movie put my kind back 500 years. We don't sing on command, unless you're willing to waste a wish on it. We get paid vacation time, health and dental, why, we even have an organized union...bah, nevermind. I'm supposed to grant you three wishes, so let's get this party started. I've got appointments to keep."

"There's no such thing as genies," I protested.

Ahh yes, so the tall blue man that appeared out of nowhere and is conversing with you is nothing more than a figment of your imagination," quipped Esper, eyes rolling and smacking on a piece of chewing gum.

"If you're a genie, then PROVE it."

"Why, is that a wish ...?"

"Yeah, sure," I scoffed, attempting to pull back on the freeway.

POOF.

"Ok!!!" I huffed. "Not funny, not funny! You're a genie, I get it!"

"And you just wasted a wish. So what's your second wish, babydoll? Make it quick...Laverne and Shirley missed breakfast."

"Ack!" My mind raced. "Ummm...! *ooof* I would like to see *huff* a scene *puff* from my future!"

"Got it, babydoll."

POOF.

"Where are we?" I said, squinting, my eyes adapting to the bright lights.

"Looks like a birthing center. One of those places with the midwives and such. This place could use a decorator. Though they say taupe is supposed to be soothing. Ugh." now it was Esper's turn to squint.

"Why does that lady look like me and WHY is she sharing a room with a baby?" I interrupted. "I'm not pregnant. I mean, I'm not ready to have a child. That's a lot of responsibility, when is this going to be? Is that a wedding ring on my finger? I'm not even dating anybody right now."

"I dunno babydoll, I'm a genie, not a psychic. Look, you asked to see a scene from your future, I picked one. Most women are excited about weddings and babies, aren't they? I thought it'd be something you'd like...I really screwed up your wishes didn't I." Esper hung his head.

"You only nearly fed me to dinosaurs and showed me a future that I'm not quite ready to support yet. But I know my final wish. I want this future family, that I'm going to have, to always be protected by and provided for...by you."

"That's a lifetime job!" Esper whined. "There has got to be a rule in the union guidelines prohibiting this. That's like wishing for a million wishes!"

"Get used to it, babydoll," I smiled. Let's start with some money to set up a college fund, or something. And something I can donate to the building fund at church."

POOF.

These next few years should prove interesting.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:26 PM
The time has come........

In Third place we have the wonderful Gaia Ghaoui by .~*Iris*~.

In Second place we have the beautiful Sophia de Muse by HystericalParoxysm

And in First place....
The First official Miss Sims2Community is.....

Cecilia Lynn by Enayla

You all have done an absolutely astonishing job in this contest. Ive seen the limits of the game and imagination pushed. You should all be extremely proud of what you have done. I hope to see you all for our next official contest

You may talk freely in this thread now.
Those who have won please PM me your email addresses so I can send you your prizes and I will need the first place sim sent to me as well.

If anyone would like their scores for this round and comments please PM me as I feel its a more dignified approach at this

Congrats EVERYONE!

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:30 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ENAYLA!!!! You deserved it!!!!!!
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:35 PM
Congrats Enayla, HystericalParoxysm, and .~*Iris*~.
You guys did a FANTASTIC job!

Special congrats to Enayla for winning!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:35 PM
Congrats ladies !

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:37 PM
Wow, I can't believe I won! Thank you SO much – I'm truly honoured! :blush: Eee! I'm even a little shaky, haha :D

Massive hugs go out to everyone, this has been such awesome fun, thank you!
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:38 PM
Congrats to all three of you - Enayla, HP and Iris!
Your photos were awesome!
Enayla, I use your skins regularly, and they make my sims look fabulous!
All of you keep up the good work!
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:45 PM
Congrats Enayla, HystericalParoxysm, and .~*Iris*~.! :clap: :baloons:

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
retired moderator
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:47 PM
Congratulations, Enayla. You and the other contestants did wonderful work this contest

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:04 PM
Thank you, again :D

Cecilia just learned that running up to hug the judges while wearing high heels... apparently not a good idea :D

But hugs from her regardless :D
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:06 PM
LOL ok now tell her to get her butt in her box and send herself to me
Congrats everyone again.

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:20 PM
Chech your pm box :}
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:23 PM
Congratulations everyone!I was stunned by the final round's entries.You all did an awesome job, winners well deserved!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:27 PM
Congratulations Enayla !!!!!!
You truly deserve it !

Who ? Me ?!?

Page 1 of 3