Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 2556 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 5:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Default Windows Section Freezes Game
I've looked everywhere for a solution, but it seems that whenever I find something that sounds like it could be it, they're talking about Windows 7/XP/Vista...
My game freezes (Everything except the mouse) whenever I enter the windows section of Build Mode. I've scanned the content MULTIPLE times. Is there a specific package that causes problems like this? How can I fix this without deleting all of the window files?
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 5:22 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Problem Custom Content
    Your issue is related to conflicting, outdated, or badly made custom content. Please follow the Finding Problem Custom Content FAQ.

Follow the FAQ linked above- that will help you to find the culprit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 10:31 PM
Default Black Screen, Task Manager Says 'Not Responding.'
I found tons of forums talking about this same problem, tried all of the solutions, and nothing worked. Nothing. Sometimes it starts up, but it takes an extremely long time to load. I think it may have had to do with my CC, so I cleaned it several times with Delphy's Dashboard. I then compressed it with S3PE. I have a very efficient computer and am completely positive that it can handle the game, with all of its expansion packs. I have Windows 7. I would really like some help because I'm at the end of my rope with this game. I simply can't get it to work.

The only expansion pack I don't have is Diesel Stuff. They're all original copies. Please help if you can. Thank you.
Instructor
#4 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 11:43 PM
Please go through this faq: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...shing_Checklist and if you still have problems, post everything asked for in Section D of that checklist, most especially your specs (instructions are in that faq).
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 6:20 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

The first post seems to point to Windows/Doors/Arches section of the Build Mode. You have to remove the Windows/Doors/Arches CC files, to confirm.
Make sure to DO step#3 of the FAQ, don't just think "my CC is fine, I've checked it". There a bits of files and dependencies linked to other subfolders, so it may be the "linkage" that is broken.

Since you're here, means you are now at position "F": where things are failing. We need a baseline, ie position "A": where things are fine and EVERYTHING works. Troubleshooting means to trace from "F" back to "A". The Game Problem FAQ helps us with this. So, once it is established step#3 brings us to position "A", next step is to find where the failure occurs between positions "A" and "F" (ie that Finding Problem Content FAQ).

If issue still occur at position "A" (ie after step#3), means the root cause is in the Program Files; I refer to this as Position "0" The Big Bang - Reinstall needed after a FULL Uninstall - 100% baseline, all newly installed files. But, do this after working through the Crashing Checklist FAQ (reinstall is one of the suggestions there, a last resort, really, after doing all those checklist steps).

While doing troubleshooting, do not have any preconceived notions like, "my CC are fine, it has worked all this while" or "I've checked it". Because,
  1. the symptoms may have been there but just not manifest in a way that is visible to you, so the issue may have been building up over time.
  2. the tools are based on what we know or what we think we know. It is entirely possible there are causes that have not been discovered yet, and thus not programmed into any tools we have today (we cannot program for things we don't know exist, can we?).

If at position "A", the game still crash and takes a long time to load, then read: Game_Help:TS3_Load_Issues#Long_loading_timeswiki. In particular use
Game_Help:Package_File_Lag#Process_Monitor_.28Windows.29wiki, to pinpoint what file is stalling and holding up the Loading process. And if it still crash and takes a long time to load with vanilla configuration, then we do need to see specs.