Buyable low poly grass *updated 23 december 2006*
Updated: 25th Mar 2007 at 10:04 AM
I fixed the thumbnails. Big thanks to hetterpooh and numenor for helping me find the problem.
Here's what you do:
1) Download and install the 'fixed' rarfile. The packages will overwrite the old ones.
2) Go to My documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Thumbnails
3) Delete the packages in that folder. The game will regenerate them when you boot.
4) Fixed thumbnails!
here's another little prop. To get good, overgrown looking gardens, there's tons of beautiful plants (mickyss, to name just one creator), but filling a lot with them gets hard on my little computer. So here's a set of low poly grasses.
The set consists of three meshes: Tall grass, Short grass and a sprig of grass
Poly count: 144 or less (sprig is about 50)
The short grass and sprig are slaves of the taller grass. You need the lethes-mesh-clumpgrass.package file installed for the others to work.
They come with a variety of thicker, thinner, healthy and sickly recolours.
Find them in Build/Garden center/flowers
All made with Blender, UV Mapper, Paint Shop and
Big squishy thanks to HystericalParoxysm, for recolours and inspiration.
|Filename||lethes-mesh-spriggrass.package (inside lethes-grass-fixed.rar)|
|Title||Sprig of grass|
|Description||An sprig of grass to give your garden that 'overgrown' feel. mesh by [email protected] base by Echo|
|Filename||lethes-mesh-clumpgrass.package (inside lethes-grass-fixed.rar)|
|Title||Clump of grass|
|Description||A clump of grass to give your garden that 'overgrown' feel. mesh by [email protected] base by Echo|
|Filename||lethes-mesh-clumpshortgrass.package (inside lethes-grass-fixed.rar)|
|Title||Clump of short grass|
|Description||A clump of shorter grass to give your garden that 'overgrown' feel. mesh by [email protected] base by Echo|
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 163.8 KB · Downloads: 24,708 · 23rd Dec 2006
|163.8 KB||24,708||23rd Dec 2006|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
None, this is Sims 2 base game compatible!
since I'm officially sorta retired as a modder, feel free to derive from my work to make new stuff!
You may use textures and meshes (a link or credit is appreciated) for movies, redo's, new creations, whatever.
You can also upload my meshes on other sites with your new creation, if you want. Again, a link to MTS is always appreciated, and a general cool thing to do.