Functional Warrior Sword *UPDATED*
Updated: 20th Nov 2008 at 7:53 PM by -Maylin-
After six months of work, I have finally finished the sword. This is my first hacked object, that I have ever made. In the .rar file, there is 3 files, 1 is the sword, 1 is the stand and the last one is a social object. You need all 3 objects in your game for everything to work properly.
17-1-2007 : After some people requesting it, I made it so the "Demonstrate Skills" interaction now adds body skillpoints. Your sim will gain them alot faster than usual, 1 and a bit skill points each time they do the interaction. See post in thread for a picture of it. POST
Sword Stand: 1856/1995 (f/v)
Sword: 1562/1302 (f/v)
- "Draw Sword" - Your sim will walk to the stand and pick the sword up. The texture on the stand will change to make it look like the sword has been taken out. (NOTE: It will stay in your sim's hand until you use the "Put Away" interaction on the stand, or the "Drop" interaction on the sword.)
- "Put Away" - Your Sim will walk to the stand and put the sword away. The texture on the stand will change to make it look like the sword has been put back.
- "View" - Just the same as the normal maxis "View" interaction.
- "Pick Up" - The sim will walk over to the sword and pick it up. If the sword isn't in the hand of the sim, this option will appear.
- "Drop" - The sim will drop the sword on the ground. This option will only appear when the sword is in the hand.
- "Demonstrate Skills" - Your sim will swing the sword around, aswell as do some kicks and punches. After the routine is finished, they bow.This option will only appear when the sword is in the hand. See the Update area, for an update on this interaction.
- "Fight a Sim" - Both the Sim with the sword and the selected sim will fight. They will stab, punch, kick and slash each other. Once they have finished, your sims fun will go up by a quarter.This option will only appear when the sword is in the hand.
- "Commit Suicide" - The Sim will perform a Custom animation (it may not actually go into the sim) where they will put the sword into them. They will throw up, then die.This option will only appear when the sword is in the hand.
- "Kill a Sim" - The sims selected will do exactly the same as the "Fight a Sim" interaction, but the sim who was selected, will die. It has a custom animation, but is a little off from stabbing the sim.This option will only appear when the sword is in the hand.
- "Sword Placement in hand" - Sometimes, if something happens to the sim, the sword is moved out further from the hand. To fix this, you can either delete the sword from Buy mode, or put the sword back in the stand, then pull it out again.
- "Strange Pose" - Sometimes, when your sim commit's suicide, the sim may be stuck in a pose next to the stand. To fix this, you can either let the sim die by the grim reaper, or save them from the reaper.
- "Jump Bug" - You may experience a bug with the sword or stand, where the sim may teleport from one place to another then instantly back. Currently i dont know what is causing it, so i can't fix it.
These objects, require atleast 1 expansion pack for the sword to go in the hand. It does not matter which expansion you have.
They will also not replace any of your game files.
The stand can be found under Miscellanious/ Miscellanious.
The animations only work for adult.
Katy_76: Katy first started helping me to learn some of the basics of coding. She was the one who started me off at this, She was so nice and even sent pictures on how to do. She is one of the many great talents, who spared time to help me. So thank you katy !!
Cokenasmile: Coke helped me with checking error's in the sword, she also tought me how to make custom animations that dont overwrite the maxis ones.
HystericalParoxysm: HP helped me with finding much needed and useful animations. And for offering advice on how to make a sim die.
Hunter240X He also found some great animations that i could use.
Jasana_BugBreeder: For showing me how to make it show where it is correctly linking.
Echo: The biggest thanks would have to go her, she has been helping me with alot for this sword, without her, it wouldn't even be half finished. She helped with with making the sword stay in the hand after the interaction was finished. She corrected some of the codes i did which were wrong. She helped me with the commit suicide interaction, by telling me how to set it up. She also taught me the importance of Guardian bhav's. She also helped me majorly with the Kill a Sim interaction.
Smonaff: For fixing the Kill a Sim interaction for me, I wouldn't have been able to fix it. Also thank you for telling me how to make the Fight a Sim function work with the Kill a Sim interaction.
All these people took the time to help me when i was struggling, so a big thank you to you all !! :D
Terms & Conditions:
Recolouring: You may recolour the object, but you cannot include the mesh and you must link back to the thread.
Cloning: You may clone this object, as long as you ONLY replace the mesh of it, as in dont edit the code. If you do clone, it Link back to this thread.
Coding: You may go through the coding of this object and see how it works, but please don't just copy it.
Houses: You may include these in lots, as long as you link to this thread and that you dont upload it to the exchange!!
Paysites: You may not upload any clones, recolours, coding or houses with my content in them, to be uploaded to a paysite. If the site has a free area, you MUST post it in there, not a pay area!!!
If you need any other information, ask it and i will find the awnser.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||JB1-Kill-A-Sim.package (inside JB1-Warrior-Sword.rar)|
|Filename||JB1-Warrior-Sword.package (inside JB1-Warrior-Sword.rar)|
|Description||By JohnBrehaut1 or Night Stalker|
Size: 265.6 KB · Downloads: 116,800 · 17th Jan 2007
|265.6 KB||116,800||17th Jan 2007|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Terms & Conditions
- Objects: You can recolour objects i have made, but you cannot include the mesh. You can upload recolours to paysites, but you cannot include the mesh. You can include them in houses, except for on the exchange !
- Clothing: You can recolour clothing i have made, but you cannot include the mesh.You can upload recolours to paysites, but you cannot include the mesh. If you want to use abit of the texture, ask first.
- Hacked Objects: If you would like to use some of the coding in it, ask me first. You can replace the mesh of my hacked objects, but you must link to the thread.
If you have any inquiries, make sure you contact me first before you go ahead and do it. I would also appreciate it if you were to contact me first before doing anything, mainly because i would like to see what you have come up with.