Uploaded 24th Jan 2016 at 4:19 AM · Updated 28th Jan 2016 at 11:35 PM by plasticbox
Update 2016-01-28: Bugfix -- Harvestable states put in the correct order, so now the plant wil be harvestable when it has reached its biggest state (and not become harvestable and then unharvestable again). Thanks to Onyeka001 and KD9B for testing!
Update 2016-01-25: Updated with Harvest interactions for children. They use the standard "Swipe to Inventory" animation (which is pretty much the same as the Harvest one, only with a different sound and no prop).
Update 2016-01-24 II: Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian added.
Update 2016-01-24: Updated with added Chinese, Dutch, French and Russian strings. Thank you for posting them!
It has three growth states and works like any other garden plant, except that it has a custom harvesting interaction: instead of growing fruits that are removed, the whole plant is harvested when it has reached maturity (takes about as long as the spinach); the sim gets six harvestables in return, and the plant it is reset to its sprout state. This is because if I’d use the actual harvestables as leaves, the majority of the plant would be the harvestables, and since those do not have a dry state one wouldn't be able too see when the plant falls dry. (It has a dry state too btw, I just haven't yet managed to make a screenshot of that).
Note that the leaves that are harvested currently know nothing about the plant they come from; they will always be "Normal".
The harvestable leaves can be eaten raw or used for any recipe that requires vegetables. I have also added recipes for Garden Salad and BLT to More Logical Cooking that require lettuce as an ingredient.
To get a lettuce plant or leaves, use debug mode and search for "lettuce" (see stickies in Discussion > Help if you don’t know how the cheats work) or Buy Ingredients from Fridge (graycurse).
For those interested in how custom harvestables work, I posted an overview in Create > Tutorials.
US English, Traditional Chinese (wuccwzt), Dutch (ElenaInTheSims), French (MiniMimi), German (pbox), Italian (Eámanë), Portuguese (simshout), Spanish (gato_24), Russian (igor97). More contributions welcome! See this tutorial on translating mods if you aren’t sure how that works.
Leaves (Harvestable): 21V/18F
Sprout, small: 21V/18F + soil
Sprout, small: 46V/39F + soil
Lettuce Plant, high poly: 130V/133F (healthy), 130V/91F (sparse) + soil
Lettuce Plant, low poly: 57V/40F (healthy), 57V/30F (sparse) + soil
Mesh and texture of the fully grown plant are based on the Maxis lettuce plot (World object, available for Buy/Build Mode here (Liberated Garden Stuff)), the rest is derived from that.
blender, Paint.net, TSRW/Milkshape, Notepad++, s4pe.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.No game information could be extracted from the uploaded files.
Size: 76.0 KB · Downloads: 40,090 · 28th Jan 2016
|76.0 KB||40,090||28th Jan 2016|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
Sharing and recycling:
– Feel free to recycle, you don’t need to ask.
– For the attribution, please link to the upload you’re using wherever possible (instead of my profile). This is particularly important with edits made for/with different games or game versions.
– If you use my stuff in something you make, please upload the result to a free, accessible, noncommercial site with no more restrictions than these. Code must remain open source; meshes and other material must remain re-usable.
Please do not redistribute any unmodified files – link to the upload post instead.