Rustic Wall Bookshelf
Nine colour variants (all referenced from the “Rustic” shelf, including the one that is unavailable by default), available in Bookcases for 155§. One slot for small deco items.
The shelf sits pretty low on the wall by default; that’s on purpose: it needs to have a fixed height so the routing won’t break in basements, and if you turn on moveobjects and use the 0/9 keys, you can move it up in Build/Buy (you can’t move it lower than the default height though, so I put it this low so it’s at least a little flexible). The screenshot with the little girl shows the lowermost height that is possible (1m). This also aligns with the default placement of the matching wall shelf.
Note that this shelf behaves exactly like the Maxis “Intellectual Illusion”. Currently this means that when e.g. clicking on the shelf and telling a sim to Read Something, they may very well go to a different bookcase and grab their book from there. This is simply how the game works at the moment -- this object does not change anything about that. If you think you have routing issues, please test first whether they also occur with the Maxis shelf before posting here.
Also, if you have an old version of my “Subordinate” etc Intellectual book cases, you should update that (sims may go to that one to take a book from, and the old version had an issue with TVs on top, so with the old version they can reset. That’s been fixed a long time ago though).
The unlocked colour variant for the display shelf (i.e. the Maxis one) is available here (Rustic Wall Shelf Shadow Fix + Missing Colour -- this also makes the wallshadow look like on this bookshelf).
High Poly: 540V/416F
Mid Poly: 445V/324F
Low Poly: 410V/292F
High Poly Sun Shadow: 230V/282F
Low Poly Sun Shadow: 214V/250F
blender, TSRW/Milkshape, s4pe. Special thanks to Nuliette and K9DB for being very thorough testers, that was really helpful!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||pbox_bookshelf-wall_rustic.package (inside pbox_bookshelf-wall_rustic.zip)|
|Description||A wall mounted bookshelf that matches the Maxis “Rustic Wall Shelf” and the “Caress” bookcase.\n\nmodthesims.info/m/plasticbox|
|Mesh name:||Rustic Bookshelf|
|Games used||Sims 4 (Base Game)|
Size: 29.4 KB · Downloads: 31,108 · 6th Mar 2016
|29.4 KB||31,108||6th Mar 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
Sharing and recycling:
– Feel free to recycle, you don’t need to ask.
– For the attribution, please link to the upload you’re using wherever possible (instead of my profile). This is particularly important with edits made for/with different games or game versions.
– If you use my stuff in something you make, please upload the result to a free, accessible, noncommercial site with no more restrictions than these. Code must remain open source; meshes and other material must remain re-usable.
Please do not redistribute any unmodified files – link to the upload post instead.