'Any Counter' Ceramic Hob
Uploaded 2nd Feb 2006 at 6:21 PM · Updated 6th Jan 2018 at 3:27 PM by boblishman : fix link
by Boblishman & Numenor (aka "Dynamic Duo")
Numenor and I have got together to bring you a truly amazing, fully working ceramic hob that can be placed on any counter top.... including islands!
It comes in 4 'flavours', the default Black one, a white one, a Blue one and a rather luxourius Burgundy. It is fully recolourable, has it's own GUID (so won't replace anything in the game) and is compatible with ALL games.
Polygon count: (wait for this...... TWELVE, yes, 12 (= amazingly low )
(don't you just love this new technology... with it's touch buttons and no horrible knobs and switches....makes a mesh-makers life a dream!)
OK, now on to what it does. ... As usual, all I did was make the mesh and textures..... Numenor has done all the clever stuff....
First, it's the same thickness as a real ceramic hob... and Numenor has managed (god knows how!) to make the pots actually sit exactly on the HOB (which is actually lower than the Maxis gas/electric rings!! :omg: )
1) It can be placed on any counter (including islands)
2) The cooking ring glows red when cooking (no gas flames!)
3) It will get dirty with use and need cleaning
4) There is no oven....so don't try and cook anything that needs an oven...the option will not be there! ...)
5) No, your Sim's will NOT put other objects onto it....it will only be used for cooking...
6) Yes, it CAN catch fire and burn your house down, just like any Maxis stove
7) They can still use the cupboard underneath the hob (in your dreams!)
This , therefore, is a Brand New Cooking Appliance, and, surprisingly can be found under....Appliances/Cooking !
Please report any issues (though we've not found any yet) and thanks for testing...
Bob & Numenor
(We'll share all your 'stars' and 'thanks' )
Recolours: (As with all our objects,) please DO NOT post any files that contain my original mesh or Numenors work.
You are free to post your recolour files anywhere (preferably here, in the recolours section).
LOTS: Please do NOT include this (or any other of our joined creations) in any LOT uploads.
If you wish to include them (as an optional download) please use them in your screenshots and then remove the item before packaging your lot. You can then offer a link back to here for people to download the item if they want to. This way, they will always get the most up-to-date file (with any corrections/additions if needed)
Finally, please do not clone or post on pay/subscription sites
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Boblishman-Numenor_CeramicHob_AllGames.package (inside Boblishman-Numenor_CeramicHob_AllGames.zip)|
|Title||On-counter Ceramic Hob|
|Description||This ceramic hob can be placed over any existing counter. (Mesh & Texture by Boblishman - Functions & Package by Numenor - DO NOT CLONE)|
Size: 860.4 KB · Downloads: 62,439 · 2nd Feb 2006
|860.4 KB||62,439||2nd Feb 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.