Maxis "Lost & Found" #23: Souvenir Cabinet - *FIXED 18JUNE* - REDOWNLOAD!
Updated: 18th Jun 2006 at 11:03 PM
UPDATED and FIXED 18 JUNE 2006 - Please REDOWNLOAD
18 June 2006 - BUGFIX: when selecting the cabinet from the Buy Mode catalog, two additional icons (with white texture) were displayed, in addition to the normal two ones. Please redownload (the fixed version will overwrite the older one). All existing recolours made by other users will still work fine.
18 June 2006 - UPDATE: I told you, I'm not very good at creating textures Therefore MaryLou created for us two much better looking default textures, with proper 3D effects and shadows: they are now included in the cabinet package and replaced the older one. Another good reason to redownload!
Thanks to shakeshaft for having found this mesh into the base game files.
Quite an interesting mesh indeed! As usual, many part of the object were missing, including the textures. I've rebuilt the missing parts and created a working package, and I've also created two brand new textures to go with the Cabinet mesh.
Therefore, if you like the mesh, thank Maxis; if you dislike the two textures, blame me!
By the way, why two textures? Because Maxis left in the packages two Material Overrides, proving that the Cabinet was originally intended to have two alternative colours. My idea of the "Lost & Found" is to save everything Maxis left behind, adding the minimum elements required for the object to work...
The object has its own GUID (graciously provided by Maxis itself ), is recolourable, and works in any game configuration, including the bare base game.
It's a purely decorative object: you can't put anything in it. You'll find it in:
Buy Mode -> Decorative -> Misc.
PS: if you are wondering where to download the lamp shown in the screenshots, well, it isn't available for download... yet! Keep your eyes open!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Numenor_MaxisLost_SouvenirCabinet.package (inside MaxisLost_SouvenirCabinet.rar)|
|Description||Maxis "Lost & Found" #23 Mesh by Maxis - Textures and Package by Numenor|
Size: 109.7 KB · Downloads: 46,918 · 17th Jun 2006
|109.7 KB||46,918||17th Jun 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Redistribution Policy and License Agreement
It's FORBIDDEN: to repost my stuff anywhere.
It's FORBIDDEN: to clone my creations.
It's ALLOWED: to create recolours for my objects (and post them on any site, including paysites), BUT you can't include the mesh in your recolour: you must give credits to me for the mesh, and provide a link to the mesh download thread.
It's ALLOWED: to include my creations in your lots, BUT the lots must be uploaded on free sites (except the Exchange), and you must provide credits and a link to the download thread.