Once again, I lost my description while trying to format it. In future, remind me to do a copy in notepad first aaah i lost it again!!! The back button doesn't reload your text
Anyway, I present to you an early christmas gift as part of a greater project. This requires all expansions and will definitely crash on the load screen without pets.
Here's what this object does:
1. You may assign any ghost to the urn
2. Providing there's no ghost assigned, you may sell the urn/grave in your business
3. You may unassign a ghost and leave it vacant
4. You may change the appearance from normal to any aspiration grave
5. You may either instantly create a ghost requiring the sims attention or immediately ready/unready a ghost to appear in the near future
6. Finally, you may resurrect any ghost assigned to this grave but requires the sim's attention
PROBLEMS AND WORKAROUNDS
I couldn't manage to coax the grave into switching between urn and grave upon placement or upon demand, so I've made it so when you change the appearance, it becomes an urn inside and a grave if on the ground outside. Once you've got it how you like it, it will stay that way until you change the model again.
Ressurection is kinda experimental but seems to be working. However, I couldn't stop from having resurrection appear on the menu when there is no ghost assigned. Please don't click this unless you are eager and if you are than make sure your sim is doing nothing - but it's pointless because your sim will just do nothing other than pop out of any interaction they're in
Do not add to your inventory while a ghost is lurking; make sure the ghost is "sleeping". I don't think it will cause any issues but there's a chance it might.
Even though it requires pets, there is no support for pet ghosts and pet graves
There are no relationship boons for resurrecting a sim but the sim will come back in whole not zombied or nit-witted.
I have tested this urn in the house only.
I have not tested this urn by moving it to a community lot or from a community lot. I have not tested whether the sim stays in your family or not. If anybody can confirm this, let me know.
I do not yet know if this ghost will appear without being prompted to
Note that the haunt interaction is the same as clickong on the Spawn Ghost is Off/On. It's just that the latter tells you whether you are constantly spawning and being tormented by the ghost (on) or if it doesn't appear.
Finally, if you have any GRAVE concURNS about this object, either post here or PM me hehe
Description: Deepest sympathies! %s has just died. Though the body is gone, the spirit will always remain.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
|Open for Business|
Size: 237.3 KB · Downloads: 4,212 · 2nd Dec 2006
|237.3 KB||4,212||2nd Dec 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
As such I have created a few pieces of work and am happy for you to post them as long as you do not put them on any paysites. They are free content for the community.
Nonetheless, I would appreciate it if you did tell me what you think of these items before reposting them off of this site just so I can get feedback. I don't mind it if you post them then tell me. Please try and avoid posting my work on the exchange.