Illuminated Shop Sign
Updated: 15th Jun 2010 at 12:08 PM
This base game compatible illuminated shop sign is designed to fit snuggly just above the top of your shop door and windows, and for this reason it is six tiles in width. If you would like other sizes, please let me know.
It can be found in Decorative/Misc, along with the various other shop signs.
Of course the real power of illuminated advertising happens at night time, after dark is when your shop will now really stand out.
This package has one very basic sign and two sets of recolours. I was asked to make both Simlish and English versions of the signs, but I do suspect that most people will only want one or the other, but not both. So there is a package of English signs and a package of Simlish signs to match. The base object has a single colour with no text - really it's just there as a place holder - but I had to make a design with no writing on it which was a little odd for me as I imagined these signs mainly in order to put big writing on them. Since the recolours are actually bigger than the object, hopefully this means you have less stuff in your download folder than if I had put both lots of recolours (Simlish and English) in the package and not bothered with the default sign. If you actually like the default sign then even better!
Each recolour package comes with the base object and four different sign designs - two of them designed to match pre-existing Maxi shingles. If you want both sets of recolours, you can safely delete the duplicate copy of the base object that you will obtain by downloading both.
Making a recolour of this sign
For the most part this is as simple as recolouring a painting. The differences and additional steps are noted here.
- When you make a recolour of this object you will notice that your recolour contains a little more than you might normally expect from recolouring a painting. You are probably used to recolours having one each of TXMT, MMAT and TXTR, although of course some objects will have more than that - this object is one of those. For this object you will have one TXTR, and two each of MMAT and TXMT - this is completely normal.
- Once you have made your recolour following the process as laid out here there is an additional step you need to do which is described here.
- This additional step is required because the object is a two state object and the states need to be "tied together". These states are tied together by means of a "family" number. When you make a recolour, you start off with the "family" number being that of the colour you based off. This means that the your recolour won't work in game. Follow these steps to fix it.
- In SimPE, got to the Tools Menu and choose Tools->Object Tools->Hash Generator...
- There are three radio buttons on the dialog box that appears, select the one labeled "GUID".
- Select and copy the contents of the field labelled "Hash Value:". It will look something like this
- Open up one of your MMAT resources, and in the Plug-in view select the item called "family (dtString)"
- On the right of the view you will see this item broken down into "Name:", "Type:" and "Value:". Replace the contents of the "Value:" field with your copied Hash Value.
- Commit your change
- Paste the same Hash value into the "family (dtString)" item in the second MMAT as well.
- Commit your change
- Save your package and try it out in game.
- Every recolour you make must have a unique family number, so you must get a new Hash Value each time.
Want your own signs - not learned to recolour yet?
First step is designing a sign - I'm no good at that. If you would like to see your own sign designs appear as recolours of these signs, grab the template sign from the download tab and "colour it in" using your favourite paint program keeping the design inside the border line. Send it to me and I will make you a recolour.
Quaxi for SimPEwiki.
Creators of Wings 3dwiki.
Numenor for the AnyGameStarter.
SIMale for the Simlish Font.
Echo for allowing me to peek at her Pinata object which got me 90% of the way there with how to make this recolourable.
SnowStorm for the comment on correct naming for linkage here which got me the rest of the way - I was so stuck.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Want to see your sign as one of these? Draw your sign in this template and send it to me - I'll make you a recolour.
Size: 831 Bytes · Downloads: 18,219 · 14th Oct 2009
|831 Bytes||18,219||14th Oct 2009|
| Sign Object and Simlish Recolours
Size: 94.2 KB · Downloads: 21,753 · 9th Aug 2009
|94.2 KB||21,753||9th Aug 2009|
| Sign Object and English Recolours
Size: 97.7 KB · Downloads: 34,309 · 9th Aug 2009
|97.7 KB||34,309||9th Aug 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.