Newspaper Rack - Buy a Newspaper
Updated: 23rd Dec 2009 at 4:39 PM
Fixed problem - see section below
Originally Posted by leesester
Yay for nipping downstairs to buy the paper!! Oh wait - you havent made that mod yet....
No EPs Prior to NightLife?
Inventories were added in Nightlife so if you have the base game only, or only the University EP, then the "Buy" option will not be available, only the "Read" option (see below).
NightLife and beyond
If you have any EP beyond University, then you will have the option to "Buy" a newspaper from the rack (for $10) and after going to the cash register (there must be one on the lot in order to see the "Buy" option) to purchase it, it will be placed in your inventory. Then you can take it home to read later.
Sim owned businesses
At the moment this object cannot be used on a Sim owned business. We hope to add this functionality to it soon.
Base Game and All Expansion Packs
No matter what EPs you have (including none) the newspaper rack will allow you to sneak a read at a newspaper without buying it - come on now - own up - we've all done that. Once read - the newspaper will be left lying around for the next person to pick up - entirely unaware it hasn't been paid for. Poor shopkeeper.
Can you read Simlish?
See if you can read the stories on the front pages displayed in the rack!
It can be found in Miscellaneous -> Miscellaneous (same place as the Maxis Magazine Racks) and costs half as much as the cheapest Magazine Rack, $500. It comes in three colours, a transparent acryllic (the most commonly seen type of rack in UK newsagents), and two solid colour plastic versions, in red and blue.
Illustrative photos are taken with the rack placed in the Newsagents of the British High Street.
This is based on newspaper racks commonly seen in the UK in newsagents.
Real Life Versions
Here are some of the photos we were basing this object on.
- Fixed problem with putting newspaper in inventory
Quaxi for SimPE.
Numenor for the AnyGameStarter.
Thanks to psychosim0 for reporting the problem with putting the newspaper in the inventory.
Object Mods: Object Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with objects or their environment, like "Multi-owner door" or "sunbathe anywhere")
Description: Newsprint is still considered the best way to get your important news - even if it does make your fingers dirty. Whether your customers want news, or something to put in the cat's litter box, this is the rack for you. It makes the newspapers so tempting to buy they won't be able to help themselves. The makers hold no responsibility for lost sales.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
| A base game compatible Newspaper Rack
Size: 207.8 KB · Downloads: 26,603 · 16th Dec 2009
|207.8 KB||26,603||16th Dec 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.