Elevator Shaft for Levels with lower Walls
Updated: 10th Jun 2013 at 9:52 AM
This lowered version of the original elevator shaft works fine in game and therefore I'd like to share it with you. It's non-recolourable, just like the original elevator shaft.
Late Night (6.0.81.009017)
Build Mode > Stairs, Railings and Elevators > Elevators > "Elevator Shaft (small)"
or (with testingcheatsenabled and buydebug activated)
Buy Mode > Debug > Misc. Objects > "Elevator Shaft (small)"
WesHowe for the Object Tool, for all the great MilkShape Plugins and also for the tutorial about meshing (here).
Inge and Peter Jones for and (here).
Unknown author for this tutorial about applying a texture to a mesh.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Yogi-tea_elevator shaft_b32bba70
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
| Lowered elevator shaft for levels with lower walls. If the original elevator shaft is too big you can use this elevator shaft to connect two levels.
Size: 57.4 KB · Downloads: 13,918 · 7th Jan 2012
|57.4 KB||13,918||7th Jan 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
If you are seeking help, please ask in the Help Forum or elsewhere. I won't be able to respond to PMs. Sorry. :-(