Testers Wanted: *** UPDATED* 23FEB* Satellite Dish
Uploaded 22nd Feb 2005 at 11:44 AM · Updated 23rd Feb 2005 at 10:31 AM by boblishman : colour enabled and fixed Mat Overides GUID
Finally, thanks to Numenor, I have finally worked out the colour enabling!!! ..so here is the revised file...now available in 'smokey' black
The new file contains both files and will overwrite your original file if you downloaded before... :howdy:
Wondered if you would test this for me?
It has been made with v0.18 so IS Expansion Pack Ready, ...and NOW COLOUR ENABLED!!
It can be found in Electronics/entertainment (or General Miscellaneous) and in Outside.
I've kept it quite low polygon (so not to slow your machine down) which gives the dish a slight 'flower-like' appearence...but I quite like that, so I left it as it was.
Because if the size of it, I've also made it disappear with the walls down (otherwise you might miss something happening inside the house) but I think it looks Ok for external shots with the walls and roof on. (You can sometimes get it to stick to the edge of a roof...but that can be a bit tricky because you really need a 'wall' for it to stick to ..)
Anyhow, let me know if there are any problems...and thanks for testing.
Big thanks as usual to Loverat, Numenor, RGiles etc, ect and everyone at MTS2 for great tutorials and of course to all the guys at ... (any chance of updating the new Recolour Wizard to include custom made objects???...that wizard is GREAT for recolouring game objects... one for 'home made' ones would be the ultimate gift for me!! :howdy: )
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Now your Sims can watch all kinds of TV channels...some that they probably shouldn't! This state of the art Satellite dish will add a touch of Hi-tech living to your Sims households. - (created by BobL)
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 139.2 KB · Downloads: 31,769 · 23rd Feb 2005
|139.2 KB||31,769||23rd Feb 2005|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.