Five "Life Changing" Seasons Wells + Roofless
July 19, 2015: Fertility Well Premature Aging Fix
Thanks to child_of_air's report, this release fixes a premature aging bug that would result in those who became pregnant after drinking from the well to age up until just five days from becoming an elder. Please install the contents of sdWishingWellSsn_Custom.zip to implement this update.
Inspired by Plumb Bob Keep's The Four Humours theme, to produce the following variants of the Seasons Wishing Well -
1) Plague Well to actively promote the spread of a contagious "mysterious disease" and influenza by infecting those who drink from it or who stand within six tiles of the well.
2) Cursed Well to poison a Sim who drinks from it, terminate pregnancy, and produce bad outcomes to wishes.
3) Healing Well to clean, comfort and heal any Sim who drinks from it or to heal a Sim who stands within six tiles of the well.
4) Fertility Well to boost energy and enable the selected Sim to become pregnant with an NPC archetype (such as the Grim Reaper), another available Sim, or her/himself (cloning). Once pregnant, Sims can induce twins or accelerate pregnancy. (Nonsexual reproduction is particularly useful for those using arranged marriages in their games.) As an option, a Sim can simply wish a baby into existence, avoiding pregnancy altogether. The Fertility Wells also offer a "Rename Sim" feature to change the name of any Sim or pet who is selectable.
5) Ambrosial Well to nourish, comfort, clean, heal and bring eternal life to the chosen ones, but immediately destroy the unworthy.
I have also supplied roofless versions for each of these wells, as well as the EA original, that include the bucket and winch components but not the roof. Each "life changing" well also comes with at least one optional memory file.
These wells are slaved to EA's original, so all well recolours such as my 70+ Tiny Fizesize Seasons Wishing Well Recolours will work with these objects. The well recolours shown in the screenshots are available at Plumb Bob Keep or here.
The 13 versions of the well are found in Decorative/Sculpture, as follows:
§2501 Roofless Wishing Well
§2509 Roofless Plague Well
§2510 Covered Plague Well
§2519 Roofless Cursed Well
§2520 Covered Cursed Well
§2529 Roofless Healing Well
§2530 Covered Healing Well
§2539 Roofless Fertility Well
§2540 Covered Fertility Well
§2541 Roofless Fertility Well with Teen Support
§2542 Covered Fertility Well with Teen Support
§2549 Roofless Ambrosial Well
§2550 Covered Ambrosial Well
The new wells are slaved to the original EA Wishing Well and use all the recolours that are available for it.
The Fertility Wells come in Teen & Elder Support variants for those using an alternate pregnancy controller. But note that even without other hacks, teens can have their own genetically related babies by wishing for them at any of the Fertility Wells - as can elders, servos and zombies.
All thirteen wells are available in sdWishingWellSsn_Custom.zip, along with their associated memory files. Note that, unlike the original EA well, making a wish at a particular "life changing" well does not lock out making wishes at any other well that may be on the same lot.
You may include any of the new wells and memories in uploaded lots, whether for free or pay.
I would encourage you to please include the associated memory files when uploading a particular well with a lot. Note that each of the wells has one custom memory, except that an Ambrosial Well uses up to three memories, a Cursed Well has two memories, and the Less is More Roofless Wishing Well has none. In the case of the Ambrosial Well, it uses the Healing Well's "Healed!" memory, as well as two of its own. But having said all this, note that the memory files are completely optional and not required for proper operation of the objects.
When uploading any of this content, please include a credit and link to this page. It would be nice if you sent me a PM with a link to your uploaded creation, but that is not necessary.
Polygon Count for the Roofless Wells
2052 faces, 1710 vertices (the EA roofed well has 2208 faces & 1950 vertices)
Michelle 111 for the use of the Pooklet and Special textures as shown in some of the screenshots
GIMP 2, IrfranView, Microsoft Paint and Photo Editor for graphics evaluation, processing, sizing, and labeling
Numenor's AnyGameStarter, for development and testing
SimPE, PJSE, and CEP for Sims 2 object creation
Pregnancy Controller cleanup is a development of algorithms from Pescado's "Batbox" Lot Debugger
"Rename Sim: Change Last Name" uses the SwapFirstAndLastName LUA Script from christianlov's Last Name Copier
StephSim's Gwyrch series forms the setting for the medieval screenshots,
and the roads are courtesy of sunni9676's Dirt Road & Grass Replacement
| 13 Seasons Wells, including roofless options
Size: 438.7 KB · Downloads: 7,837 · 19th Jul 2015
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
63 Comments / replies (Who?)
70+ Tiny Fizesize Seasons Wishing Well Recolours
Buyable wishing well
The well recolours shown in the attached screenshots are available at Plumb Bob Keep or here.
For more randomness when drinking from wells, please check out the Seasons Wishing Wells of Hazard.