Comfy Cozy - A Cape Cod Cutie
Updated: 30th Jul 2013 at 2:56 AM - I was linking to the wrong staircase!
*end of link update*
This cute little Cape Cod, 3 bedrooms 2 baths with loft space on the top floor is on a relatively narrow lot (only 20 x 15) and therefore doesn't have much in the way of outdoor amenities. Nonetheless, at $75,482 furnished (plus lot price), it's best suited for the more affluent sim.
It's based on yet another existing plan I found online.
I found I couldn't do the original plan justice without a touch of CC, all of it free:
- Half-Landing Stairs - Left and Half-Landing Stairs - Right by Inge Jones at Simlogical (and matching Cotttage Fence by Gosik and Inge Jones @ TSR)
- Country Windows by HugeLunatic @ MTS
- Jen & Tonic's One-Tile Clothes Rack @ MTS
Colonial Window Match set 1 and set 2 by Missyzim @ TSR
- MTS Official 2012 Wall Calendar
It also uses elements from several EPs and one SP, namely Ambitions, Generations, Seasons, Supernatural, Late Night, Fast Lane Stuff (one lamp that I thought was perfect); however, it should work just fine with basegame, just some items will be replaced. The roof, however, requires Aurora Skies: I couldn't find that kind of roof material anywhere. If you have to, you can go with one of the basegame slates, or substitute another metal roof; the look will be quite a bit different though. I have found two roofs that will work, however if you don't already own it, JazSimmer's Colorbound Corrugated Roofs are no longer available. That leaves the roof in Flabaliki's Outback Austraya #1 lot, available right here at MTS, is his custom content and comes with the lot. That will work too.
The kitchen and living room are all one room, with simple seating at the bar.
Both rooms are cozy, but perfectly functional.
My personal favorite spot is the upstairs loft and study:
A few notes about the inside stairs (see the overview in the attached files). Please read a little more about them here. I'm using the scripted version. This means your sim animation will have them going "through" the stairs as though they were using a spiral staircase! You can see how they act here. If you don't like that, pick the non-scripted version on TSR and replace them with those instead.
I hope you like this house as much as I enjoyed making it!
Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price: $37,186/$75,482
Custom Content Included:
- Colonial Window match set - these match EA windows. by [email protected] (free)
- Colonial Window Match set's shutters. Used for the shutters on the front of the house which give it its character. by [email protected] (free)
Number of bedrooms:
Custom Content Included:
Build content only: only Walls, floors, terrain paint, fences, stairs, windows, doors, etc.
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings
|Filename||0x6b404f9331fae9b34703236435d17212.package (inside Comfy Cozy.Sims3Pack)|
|Filename||0x4fd518dfe7e053a61c6bd3a7b3979bfd.package (inside Comfy Cozy.Sims3Pack)|
|Filename||0x1c01dd8575f48616e45c16b0ec88a8bc.package (inside Comfy Cozy.Sims3Pack)|
Size: 7.28 MB · Downloads: 7,230 · 15th Jun 2013
|7.28 MB||7,230||15th Jun 2013|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
- Please do not upload my work to any other website, pay or free.
- Do not, under any circumstances, claim my work as your own. It's too easy to tell who did what and when; to pretend otherwise is plain stupid.
- You may discuss, share, or link to my work, as long as you make sure to give credit. If possible or appropriate, feel free to also add a link to my Sims website,
- Unless otherwise stated, please do not modify my work unless it is for your personal use, in your own game.
If you are unsure about any of the above, please PM me here or contact me via the above-mentioned website.
See? Easy! Give credit, don't upload elsewhere. I retain all rights to my own work. Anything else can be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. I expect to share my work on MediaFire, JDCSims, The Exchange, or here (of course). I also have a photo album on Picasaweb. If you see my work elsewhere, or pics of my stuff anywhere but Picasaweb or JDCSims, please let me know ASAP.