The Treehouse Tree
Updated: 11th Nov 2013 at 12:57 AM
1) Place the tree on a lot - make sure you don't place it too close to the edge of the lot. You need to leave room to add the walls and roof without getting the "location out of bounds" message.
2) Place columns around the tree - I use 4 - so you'll get the gridlines and can place flooring.
3) Place flooring of choice, add walls, windows and a door if you'd like. (In my example pic there's a little porch so I added an arch, although it could've been a door. )
4) Now- since your sims need a way to get up into the treehouse, you'll need to add some sort of staircase or ladder. Since a staircase would look a bit silly, I went with Marvine's animated ladder. I would recommend using her ladder as it works well, takes up little space AND doesn't look out of place!
5) Decorate the interior any way you'd like, just be sure to keep objects along the walls. You don't want your sims stomping and complaining that they can't move around in it!
6) Optional - remove the columns. You don't really need them.
The best size for the treehouse is 3x4 or 3x3. It's tiny, yes- but you can put a lot more than you might think in that little house. It IS meant to be a playhouse, after all. If you make it a bit bigger, the tree will stick through the walls quite a bit- but that just might be ok, since it's a house in a tree, lol.
Note about placing the ladder (or stairs, if you insist) - you'll need to place it on a tile so the tree itself doesn't cut through the ladder. If it does, your sims might not be able to climb it.
The tree can be found in Build Mode>Gardening>Trees and costs 396 Simoleons.
The download does not contain the treehouse, just the tree! But it's very, very easy to build the treehouse itself. There are pics in the download showing how I build the treehouse.
While the tree is base game compatible, if you don't have Seasons ONLY the summer state will show. If you do have Seasons, it will change with the seasons.
Many thanks (and much credit) to misty fluff and Raynuss. Without her conversion, there wouldn't be a treehouse tree. Without his edits of my tree, this awesome seasonal tree wouldn't exist!
6145 - over 9 tiles - high poly yes, but better than the original 10,000 plus.
MilkShape, PhotoShop CS2,
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 1.26 MB · Downloads: 22,985 · 10th Nov 2013
|1.26 MB||22,985||10th Nov 2013|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The exception: My TS4 Robert Williamson sim. I would really like it if he's not edited in any way. He's my tribute to Robin Williams, who was someone I greatly admired. Changing him would make him just another sim.