Under-The-Stairs Storage Set
Updated: 10th Jul 2014 at 6:41 PM
Yes, ahem. Where was I? Oh yeah, I was talking about a WCIF - the WCIF'er was asking about objects for under the stairs. Since there really isn't much available for TS2 I got to thinking. And this is what I came up with:
What You Get:
8 new meshes - 2 each of 4 meshes. Each mesh has a mirrored version. All meshes EXCEPT the desks have 2 subsets.
18 wood recolors and 4 glass recolors. The recolors are separate packages so you can delete 1 or more in game if you'd like with no problems.
What You Need To Know:
The repository technique was used. The files are clearly named so you'll know which mesh is the master and which share it's textures.
No cheats are needed to place any of the meshes.
Sims will not walk through the meshes.
Computers placed on either desk work as expected.
What You Need To Know Part 2:
Each mesh has slots. These range from 8 (the desk cubbies) to 15 (master mesh and it's reversed version.
Objects placed on the slots can be recolored with the design tool and/or picked up/deleted without any problems.
If you would like to use any of these as a dresser, you can. If you have Merola's Pile of Clothes Dresser (or any mesh like that), you can place it on one of the shelves. You WILL be able to click on it to have your sim change clothes. Even if it's behind glass.
If you would like to recolor, there is no need to add any shading to your texture. Each mesh has a shading mesh - that includes the meshes in Part 2. (They're not perfect, but they are there!)
Placing objects in the slots is easiest if you start from the narrow end of the mesh:
And The Last And Most Important Thing You Need To Know:
These are sized to fit under MODULAR STAIRS that are OPEN UNDERNEATH. That said, they will fit under open underneath staircases but the fit will not be perfect.
If you need some or more open underneath modular stairs, you can find quite a few by doing a search here for "open underneath".
Catalog Location and Price:
Desks- Surfaces>Desks for 35 Simoleons
All other meshes - Surfaces>End Tables for 35 Simoleons
A residential collection file is included!
PART 2 (click the link to get to Part 2!)
If you'd like the matching fake closets, you can find those HERE
Kitchen Storage in matching textures.
Everlasting-Garden has converted this to TS3!
Help! These meshes won't place under the stairs OR they will place but can't be used!!
There IS an answer for this and here it is: Any modular stair you use must allow objects placed under the first tile (the top step) to be used. (Numenor, Reyn and HugeLunatic all make modular stairs that allow that. There may be more than that, I'm not sure and don't plan to test every cc modular stair available!) This might apply to staircases, too- I'm not sure because I don't use staircases and haven't tested it out.
1 and 2 - 777
3 and 4 - 461
5 and 6 - 402
7 and 8 - 208
The screenshots showing the meshes will tell you which meshes are which.
SimPE, MilkShape, Photoshop CS2
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| All meshes and recolors.
Size: 2.24 MB · Downloads: 52,301 · 22nd May 2014
|2.24 MB||52,301||22nd May 2014|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The exception: My TS4 Robert Williamson sim. I would really like it if he's not edited in any way. He's my tribute to Robin Williams, who was someone I greatly admired. Changing him would make him just another sim.