Granny's China Cabinet
Uploaded 29th Jun 2014 at 9:54 PM · Updated 30th Jun 2014 at 5:27 PM by mustluvcatz
Seeing that it was still in fairly good shape, Eve decided to have it hauled downstairs. While waiting for help, she packed up some of the china sitting around the attic so she could display it in the cabinet. And don't worry- she noticed the hole some oaf put in the cabinet with the oars! (See screenshots, she had it fixed before she'd let this screenshot be taken, lol.)
Cabinet moved and filled with china and some other things Eve found in the attic. Time to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee!
The china cabinet has 28 slots - 5 on each shelf and the bottom; 3 on the top. It can be found in Surfaces>End Tables for 145 Simoleons and comes in 18 Maxis Match wood textures and 3 glass textures. It is base game compatible, but if you can use the quarter-tile cheat you can use it with this mesh.
If your sim decides to buy one, just be sure some oaf doesn't put a hole in it with some oars!
Much love and fond memories go out to my own Grandma. She had a china cabinet much like this one while I was growing up. I wasn't allowed to touch anything in it and I was sure it held all of the wonders and mysteries of the world because of that. I got most of the things in it when she passed away, but sadly didn't get the cabinet. This is my way of having my Grandma's china cabinet back in my life- even if it's just pixels.
Forgot to mention: This mesh is a tad over 1 tile wide, so you won't want to put it right in a corner- part of it will stick in the wall. You can use boolprop snapobjectstogrid false or the quarter tile cheat to place it if you want to put it in a corner.
SimPE, MilkShape, PhotoShop CS2, Maxis for the wood textures used.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: A simple china cabinet loosely based on one my grandma had while I was growing up. There are 28 slots- 5 on each shelf, 5 on the bottom and 3 on the very top. by mustluvcatz www.mustluvcatz.tumblr.com www.modthesims.info
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 2.17 MB · Downloads: 3,289 · 29th Jun 2014
|2.17 MB||3,289||29th Jun 2014|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The exception: My TS4 Robert Williamson sim. I would really like it if he's not edited in any way. He's my tribute to Robin Williams, who was someone I greatly admired. Changing him would make him just another sim.