Oven Hoods with built-in Smoke Alarm for all Expansions (UPD 9 Oct 2014)
Updated: 20th Nov 2014 at 6:02 AM - fixed Value Alarm Hood
ETA: My apologies to non-English speaking folks. I forgot to do the default language on most of the hood alarms. I've fixed that now - and added it to the end of the downloads. Thanks to Nix for picking it up.
I use CTNutmegger Upper Cabinets all the time in my kitchens. But I'm a bit sick of the Maxis Smoke Alarm, and I prefer hoods over my stove for realism. Lightbulb moment. So 2-3 weeks later - here are Smoke Alarm Oven hoods to match CTNutmegger's Upper Cabinets.
I've tried them out with Mutske's cabinets, and they don't really go together. Sorry about that.
If you want everything download -
1. The last attachment - All the hoods (this includes the collections as well)
2. The Upper Cabinet edits - 3 Fixed CTNutmegger Upper Cabinets.
3. The Recolours
(i.e. the first 2 and the last in the downloads view).
Features of these hood alarms.
1. They grab the textures of the matching EA counter to texture them - no added recolours needed for the upper cabinet. :D
2. If you have Googalor's Shiftable Fix - they will shift up and down if you have Apartment Life. (Make sure you put the fix into the game before you buy the hoods). Link below in related Downloads
3. They match CTNutmegger Upper Cabinets. Link below in Related Downloads.
4. They drop with the wall.
5. The alarm effects are dropped to where the exhaust fan is - it looks pretty cool
6. Flashing red light is flashing.
7. There are 8 - count them EIGHT!! recolours of the hood part, so you don't just have to have a silver hood.
8. While I was making them using CTNutmegger's Upper Cabinets (with permission) - I found a few things I wanted to fix on her cabinets, so I did. You'll find an extra download with the edits there. They will NOT overwrite your existing ones, if you want these ones you'll need to delete the old ones. They've been named so they'll sit right next to them.
9 There are two collections - one for the alarm hoods, one for the upper cabinets with a maxis like icon.
Things to Note about these Hood Alarms
1. 2 of the alarm hoods have both subsets recolouring the cabinet part. - Seasons Country and Pet Neo Quartz. This means that the hood won't recolour on those two.
2. All the alarm hoods are BASE GAME. HOWEVER - if you don't have the counter in your game, it will flash Blue. (It will still work though).
3. The Seasons Country Cabinet is recoloured between the plate rack and the Counter - so if you're wanting to use matching frame and door, make sure you have a recolour for the plate rack as well.
4. The Hoods are all linked the Base Game VALUE hood, so you must keep that one regardless of whether you use it or not.
5. You will find them in Electronics/Small Appliances next to the EA Smoke Alarm for the same price.
**** NOTE: If you don't download the whole set, you'll need to download the separate Value Hood MASTER, which is the second last download. ****
Fixes on CTNutmegger's Upper Cabinets
Club Cabinet has been changed to remove the strange shadow at the top.
Fat City Counter has had the handle moved so that it matches the shadow for the handle.
Romantic Counter has been remeshed to remove the meshing shadows on the sides. It's not a perfect fix, but it will do.
The New position of the Alarm Effect when there is a fire.
BASE GAME Alarm Hoods
Value - F508 / V726 (MASTER)
Art Nouveau - F1298 / V1554
Chez Moi - F865 / V998
Club - F830 / V1033
Counter Culture - F1090 / V1187
Designer - F996 / V1355
Loft - F456 / V691
UNI Alarm Hoods
Steelate - F771 /V830
Groovy - F731 / V1045
NIGHT LIFE Alarm Hoods
Forbidden Fruit - F346 / V529
Castanoga - F774 / V1159
Fat City - F508 / V763
SEASONS Alarm Hoods
Country - F886 / V1064
Tiki - F1298 / V1324
OFB Alarm Hood
Mission - F1255 / V1650
PETS Alarm Hood
NeoQuartz - F608 / V553
KITCHEN and BATH Alarm Hoods
Romantic - F806 / V1363
Stylish - F400 / V449
CTNUTMEGGER UPPER CABINET Fixes
CLUB - F718 / V896 BEFORE F718/ V896 AFTER (mapping change only)
FAT CITY - F396 / V626 BEFORE F396 / V626 AFTER (mesh change)
ROMANTIC - F714 / 1209 BEFORE F694 / V1226 AFTER (re-mesh)
Many Many Credits:
CTNutmegger for the Upper Cabinets of which I used the meshes and copied a lot from them. Kat, you're awesome!
WDSBrianna - who made the original decorative hood alarm back in 2005, that gave me the light bulb moment. I know you've disappeared from the sims community. But thanks for that. I've used bits of your mesh and textures.
Leefish, the person - who helped me sort these out when I was being too clever and confusing myself. Also pointing me to the Googalor Fix, because I don't venture into MATY voluntarily.
Klaartje and Nix - who tested these for me and proved that they work on someone else's PC.
Leefish, the community - that has supported and encouraged me and tolerated the many many pictures as I worked through the problems with them. And listening to the Arrghs.
Shastakiss - for her 5 metal textures that she so generously shares with anyone who asks.
Piggi (RIP) - who recoloured all of these counters, so I didn't have to.
(Her recolours are at Sims2Graveyard, on Box and at Blacky's Zoo)
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
| ******** MUST HAVE THIS FILE FOR ALARM HOODS to show Hood ********* (Updated to be true Base Game)
Size: 24.2 KB · Downloads: 5,709 · 9th Oct 2014
|24.2 KB||5,709||9th Oct 2014|
Size: 349.2 KB · Downloads: 5,189 · 4th Oct 2014
|349.2 KB||5,189||4th Oct 2014|
| Collections for Alarm Hood and Upper Cabinet
Size: 3.5 KB · Downloads: 3,145 · 4th Oct 2014
|3.5 KB||3,145||4th Oct 2014|
| Pets Expansion Pack ONLY Alarm Hood
Size: 19.9 KB · Downloads: 2,133 · 4th Oct 2014
|19.9 KB||2,133||4th Oct 2014|
| Open for Business Expansion Pack ONLY Alarm Hood
Size: 29.9 KB · Downloads: 2,090 · 4th Oct 2014
|29.9 KB||2,090||4th Oct 2014|
| Kitchen and Bathroom Stuff Pack ONLY Alarm Hoods
Size: 37.0 KB · Downloads: 1,990 · 4th Oct 2014
|37.0 KB||1,990||4th Oct 2014|
| Seasons Expansion pack ONLY Alarm Hoods
Size: 54.9 KB · Downloads: 2,157 · 4th Oct 2014
|54.9 KB||2,157||4th Oct 2014|
| Night Life Expansion pack ONLY Alarm Hoods
Size: 60.8 KB · Downloads: 2,193 · 4th Oct 2014
|60.8 KB||2,193||4th Oct 2014|
| University Expansion pack ONLY Alarm Hoods
Size: 44.0 KB · Downloads: 2,124 · 4th Oct 2014
|44.0 KB||2,124||4th Oct 2014|
| Base Game ONLY Alarm Hoods
Size: 150.5 KB · Downloads: 2,721 · 4th Oct 2014
|150.5 KB||2,721||4th Oct 2014|
| 8 Recolours of the Hood Piece of AlarmHood.
Size: 134.2 KB · Downloads: 4,134 · 4th Oct 2014
|134.2 KB||4,134||4th Oct 2014|
| CTNutmegger Upper Cabinet Edits
Size: 31.6 KB · Downloads: 4,377 · 4th Oct 2014
|31.6 KB||4,377||4th Oct 2014|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
CTNutmegger's Upper Cabinets
Value Counter Fixes and an Island
Forbidden Fruit Counter Island de-neonized
SEP Slot (Making the corner counter useful)
Appliances for Using on Islands
Default replacement textures for FreeTime appliances to make them look less bright
Goggalor's Fix to make all the things Shiftable