The FreeTime "Broken-In" Desk Recovery Project
Updated: 26th Sep 2016 at 4:23 AM - Minor change in text.
To bring new life to the FreeTime "Broken-In" or "Bohemian" desk by providing cleaned-up versions, including models with and without the rolling cabinet or painter's palette and T-square. Of all the EA desks, it occurred to me that the simple structure and separated cabinet allowed this one to be recoloured to look the most convincingly pre-modern or post-modern.
This object is available from the Surfaces/Desk catalogue section for §70 each.
A total of 152 recolours are included for the drawer fronts and for three configurations of the desk: "No Cabinet" (just the four-legged desk), "With Palette" (and T-Square), and "With Cabinet" (the original style). An invisible drawer front recolour supports the "No Cabinet" and "With Palette" recolours in which the cabinet itself is invisible. The recolours use both basegame and authentic wood textures, many of them from The Wood Database.
If you enjoy using Pooklet wood textures, please check out The FreeTime "Broken-In" Desk Pooklet Expansion Set.
African Ebony, Apple, Ash, Black Palm, Black Wash, Black Willow, Capirona Negra, Cedar of Lebanon, Cherry, Clean (de-splattered), Common Whitebeam, Dragon Wood, English Elm, English Holly, English Oak, English Walnut, European Alder, European Lime, European Olive, Green Wood, Grey Wood, Mahogany, Norway Spruce, Red Cedar, Red Oak, River Red Gum, Santa Maria, Sapele, Scots Pine, Silver Birch, Splattered, Sweet Chestnut, Swiss Pear, Teak, Walnut Light, Walnut Medium, White Wash, Yellow Pine.
40 "Broken-In" Drawer Front Recolours
African Ebony, Apple, Ash, Black Palm, Black Wash, Black Willow, Capirona Negra, Cedar of Lebanon, Cherry, Clean (de-splattered), Common Whitebeam, Dragon Wood, English Elm, English Holly, English Oak, English Walnut, European Alder, European Lime, European Olive, Green Wood, Grey, Grey Wood, Invisible, Mahogany, Norway Spruce, Red Cedar, Red Oak, River Red Gum, Santa Maria, Sapele, Scots Pine, Silver Birch, Splattered, Sweet Chestnut, Swiss Pear, Teak, Walnut Light, Walnut Medium, White Wash, Yellow Pine.
Although I was pleased with the results, the Broken-In Desk is blessed with one of EA's most non-linear and illogical texture maps (which is saying something). After much experimentation I developed a 42 step recolour procedure to bring some sense of sanity to the process.
You may include the recolours from this set in uploaded lots, whether for free or pay. It is nice but not necessary to provide a credit and link to this page.
GIMP 2, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Photo Editor for graphics editing, file conversion, processing, sizing and titling
Jfade's Compressorizer for minimizing file size (all files are compressorized)
Milkshape 3D, Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro and UV Mapper Professional, for 3D modeling and mapping analysis
Numenor's AnyGameStarter, used for testing this project in several game environments
SimPE and CEP for Sims 2 recolour creation
Antique: Antique or Historical
Fantasy: Fantasy styled things
Dining: Dining Room
Tags: #FreeTime Broken-In Desk, #Bohemian Desk, #antique desk, #art desk, #cheap desk, #simple desk, #medieval desk, #fantasy desk, #outdoor desk, #pre-modern desk, #rustic desk, #sales desk, #sales display, #dragon wood, #elven desk
| The FreeTime Broken-In Desk Recovery Project
Size: 12.34 MB · Downloads: 1,039 · 29th Mar 2015
|12.34 MB||1,039||29th Mar 2015|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
The FreeTime "Broken-In" Desk Pooklet Expansion Set.