The Sims 2 Opportunity Pack Collector's Editions
UPGRADE April 10, 2016: Increased Rates for Basegame Interests
The Interest increase rates for the set are boosted to be equivalent to the FreeTime Enthusiasm increase rates.
1) To provide four high end books that build skills, interests and enthusiasms at continuous and significant rates.
2) Due to the substantial Simoleon cost of these items, to also provide owned bookstores with more profitable merchandise.
3) To provide four book recolours that are appropriate to the Collector's Edition theme.
The four meshes in this set can use the Basegame book's built-in textures, the recolours from the Reference Section Books & Notes set or the four recolours included in this download. Like the Reference Section objects, these items are stackable and placeable on almost any surface. Due to their higher price I have also made them immune to snowfall for booksellers who might be working in an open air market while ensuring that their more valuable books stay dry.
Unlike most skill and enthusiasm building objects, these items also increase a Basegame Interest if two or more Sims are conversing together about the book. In the case of serious Sims - those with a Fun score of 1 or lower - they will build an Interest even if they Critique the book by themselves.
With typical viewable objects, Sims will admire them only until their Fun motive is satisfied - or even before that. In contrast these books will engage Sims until their needs are depleted, like purely skill building objects. In recognition of this more significant potential for skilling, I have catalogued the four Collector's Editions in Hobbies/Knowledge.
1) Opportunity Pack Special Edition - similar to the Upright Book from the low cost series, this item is available for §300 each. Compared to the cheaper book, the Special Edition is 5% taller and wider, 5% less thick, and rotated to almost (within +5 degrees) face the viewer. Viewing or Critiquing this book will increase Creativity Skill and FreeTime Arts & Crafts Enthusiasm. The Creativity increase occurs at the same rate as using the painting easel. If a group of Sims is Viewing the book together or a serious Sim is Critiquing then the Fashion interest will also be stimulated.
2) Opportunity Pack Limited Edition - 10% taller and wider, 10% less thick, and rotated to almost (within -10 degrees) face the observer compared to the Upright Book, this object sells for §3000 each. It provides the same skill, enthusiasm and interest as the Special Edition, except that the Creativity occurs 50% faster than the painting easel (i.e. slightly faster than a piano but slower than the polygraph).
3) Opportunity Pack Archival Edition - like the Books & Notes Closed Book, but 10% wider, 10% deeper, 10% less thick and rotated so that the spine almost (within +5 degrees) faces the viewer, this item costs §300. Viewing or Critiquing increases Charisma Skill at 75% the rate of a mirror as well as raising Film & Literature Enthusiasm. Viewing with other Sims or Critiquing also increases the Culture interest.
4) Opportunity Pack Display Edition - 10% wider, 10% deeper and 10% less thick than the standard Open Book, this object is priced at §3000. It builds the same skill, enthusiasm and interest as the Archival Edition, but the Charisma gain occurs 50% faster (i.e. slightly faster than with a mirror).
5) Book Recolours - like the majority of the Books & Notes collection, each of these four book recolours are derived from historical sources, as listed in the Additional Credits below.
You may include any items from this set in uploaded lots, whether for free or pay. Please include a credit and link to this page. I would be enjoy receiving a PM with a link to your uploaded creation, but this is not required.
Armiel's Finnish Simlish is used for the Historia Ecclesiastica 1569 text
Folger Shakespeare Library for the Shakespeare Folio 1 bindings
GIMP 2, IrfranView, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Photo Editor for graphics editing, file conversion, processing, sizing and titling
Inkandchaos's immajer-Simlish for the Petrarca 1501 text
Jfade's Compressorizer for minimizing file size
John Rylands University Library Collection for the Petrarca 1501 cover
Joninmobile's Medieval Simlish to produce the Cosmographia and Shakespearean text
Milkshape 3D, Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro and UV Mapper Professional, for 3D modeling and mapping
Numenor's AnyGameStarter, used for testing this project in several game environments
SimPE, PJSE, and CEP for Sims 2 object creation
viaLibri for the Cosmographia 1577 cover
Wikimedia Commons for the Historia Ecclesiastica 1569 cover
Opportunity Pack Archival Edition: 62 faces, 105 vertices
Opportunity Pack Display Edition: 99 faces, 141 vertices
Opportunity Pack Limited Edition: 63 faces, 105 vertices
Opportunity Pack Special Edition: 63 faces, 105 vertices
| The Sims 2 Opportunity Pack Collector's Edition
Size: 200.3 KB · Downloads: 2,600 · 11th Apr 2016
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
21 Comments / replies (Who?)
The Sims 2 Opportunity Pack Lectern was designed to hold the books from this set.
The Autonomous View Controller will allow Sims to use the components in this set without player intervention.
I suggest using Pescado's Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm patch so that these and all other skill building objects are fully functional on all lots.