MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
GET SOME FUN, GET DIRTY - part 1 - Maxis Pottery Wheel Default
by ankoyume Posted 13th Feb 2016 at 2:32 PM - Updated 13th Feb 2016 at 3:19 PM by ankoyume
45 Thanks Thanks 16 Favourited
GET SOME FUN, GET DIRTY - part 1
Maxis Pottery Wheel Default
Maxis Pottery Wheel Default
Have you ever dreamed that your sim could get a little dirty while actually making something dirty ?
With this, your sim will get some clay on the hands when doing pottery.
It's a pottery wheel default replacement mod (not the whole object) and a "Clay" texture overlay.
→ Using only the mod is ok, but I think it's more realist with the new texture.
Description of the default replacement : zzz_Ankoyume_DR_Dirtying-PottyWheel
It modifies the way the Free Time object works : actually, it adds an overlay on the skin (like for tattoos, witches or sunburnt), so that the sim get visibly dirty from using the Maxis pottery wheels.
It needs the Fractured Moonlight's body overlay box, "A Hard Day's Filth" to get (and get rid of) the dirt.
I'm not so good at texturing, it's the reason why I've borrowed thoses textures (with authorization).
WARNING and CONFLICTS !!!Don't forget this is a Default Replacement, so it will conflict with any DR of the same object !!!
You won't be able to remove the dirt by taking a shower because it is an overlay : you need the Fractured Moonlight's body overlay box, "A Hard Day's Filth" to remove the clay overlay.
Known IssuesThose are not bugs, just some imperfections :
- There's a lag the first time the dirt is adding, because it loads the overlay : all overlay boxes do that thing. Afterwards, it's ok.
- I could only put the overlay action to the very beginning of the interaction (before the sims even touch the clay), but it's not too visible : regards to realism, it was the best I could do.
NEEDEDI used an object from FREE TIME, so it's needed ; I have All Expansion Packs, anyway, but I think they're not needed.
You need Fractured Moonlight's body overlay box, "A Hard Day's Filth", otherwise, it won't work : the box file and the dirt texture file only (but the other textures are worth it).
Description of the Bonus Texture : FracturedMoonlight-OverlayTexture-AHardDay'sFilth-Dirt_ClayByAnkov2
I've made a bonus : a reduced (hands only) and recolored dirt overlay texture package for it to be more like clay.
You can download it to replace Fractured Moonlight's dirt texture package.
This is not mandatory for the default to work, but I've taken all the pictures with it. Moreover, it's more realistic than getting your foot and body dirty while fully clothed !
- Download the Fractured Moonlight's body overlay box, "A Hard Day's Filth"
- Download my default mod only
- I advise you to put both the overlay box and the default in the same folder (in the "downloads" folder of course): for me it's "Get Dirty"
- You can remove all textures except the dirt one, if you really want to save space, but it's not needed
ONLY FOR THE TEXTURE BONUS
- Download my texture
- remove the dirt texture package, named FracturedMoonlight-OverlayTexture-AHardDay'sFilth-Dirt, in the folder you've just put in your "downloads" folder
- Last, put my texture in the same folder in which you've just deleted a file.
Hoping you'll appreciate,
I used and GIMP to make this, of course.
Big thanks to Fractured Moonlight for the wonderful work, I'm so inapt to do the same. I've asked for permission and I've got a "yes" !
Thanks to Plumb Bob Keep site, for hosting the original work.
This is a multi-part download:
Look for "Installation Guide" in the description of the post
| Default replacement of FREE TIME pottery wheel
Size: 392 Bytes · Downloads: 607 · 13th Feb 2016
| Clay Texture on hands and face only - not mandatory
Size: 352.2 KB · Downloads: 540 · 13th Feb 2016
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents