Ocean Buoy - Diving & Snorkeling
Updated 27th Mar 2022 at 11:31 AM by Bakie
For some more info and example scenes, please click this Youtube Video Link:
Bakies The Sims 4 Custom Content: Ocean Buoy - Diving & Snorkeling (it's only 4:46 minutes long)
These files have been UPDATED on 27-03-2022 with the following things:
- It can now be found in the Pond VFX section in build mode.
- Object's title has been updated with an invisible 'Bakie' Search-tag in the title.
• Diving Buoy object can now also be found by typing Buoy, Diving, Snorkling or Ocean into the search bar.
- Object's description has been updated to new format.
- Object Thumbnail has been updated with image and text adjustments.
- Object Thumbnail has been updated with a blue (water) background color. This makes it more clear in the Pond VFX section that this object needs to be placed on water.
- Prices have been changed for better placement in the Pond VFX section.
- This update does NOT make these objects to be placeable on pond water surfaces. Whenever this is possible with Studio, I will add this too.
- Placeable on slopes, which makes it easier to place it above uneven ocean floors.
- Placeable through other objects, which makes them placeable above or in between (water) plants for example, without using cheats.
- It's now also placeable on fountains and shallow ocean water surfaces (as decoration, as you can't use the interactions there).
Please RE-DOWNLOAD and delete the old file!
Ocean Buoy - Diving & Snorkeling
My first Island Living mod makes it possible to let your Sims go Diving and Snorkeling on their own lots too.
This means both in the ocean from the beach lots in Sulani as in swimming pools on lots outside of Sulani.
Normally the snorkeling can only be done near green buoys and diving near red buyos in the ocean. My version has a blue top and makes it able to do both.
Another thing I've changed are the prices of the diving gear which are buyable on this object too. For all prices I deleted the last zero, so the new prices of the gear are now:
- Dive Knife: 25 Simoleons
- Rebreather: 75 Simoleons
- Spearfishing Gun: 50 Simoleons
- Treasure tool: 120 Simoleons
- Underwater Camera: 100 Simoleons
This mod requires the Island Living Expansion Pack
It's a standalone object, so it won't override any other objects in game.
You can find it in Activity and Skills > Outdoor activities OR type Ocean Buoy into the search bar.
You can also find it in Build mode > Pond VFX
You can recognize it by my "BakieGaming" icon in the lower right corner of the thumbnail.
The cost are: 14 Simoleons
Requires the Island Living Expansion Pack
Tested with gameversion: 188.8.131.520
Custom Content visible on the Thumbnail
Animated - Placeable Fish - Sharks ????
Animated - Buoy + Waves Effects
Animated Buoy + Whale & Dolphin Effect
Animated Water Shimmering - Updated 7-7-'18
Animated - Placeable Birds - Seagulls - Updated 7-7-'18
Walk Through Grasses - Basegame + Jungle Adventure
Raisable Rocks - Cliffs
Unlocked + Recolored BaseGame Rocks
Unlocked Swamp Pack (6 Trees, 2 Trunks and 2 deco objects)
Unlocked Wooden Sailor Statue + Lifesaver
Lighthouse Red & White Wallpaper (YouTube Bonus if you watch the Lighthouse Light video)
Now go diving and snorkeling near your houses!
If you want to use it in screenshots or videos, be sure to give me some credit!
>> Want to share my mods? <<
Besides giving me credit and linking back to this page, I would appreciate it if you could add my video instead of (only) the thumbnail.
Thanks to the Sims 4 Studio
Thanks Adobe for making Photoshop
Description: Ocean Buoy - Diving & Snorkling This Ocean Buoy is besides in the ocean, also placeable in your swimming pools and makes it possible for your Sims to go diving and snorkling there too. If used for diving I recommend to use my non-transparent pool water as it's not a visible activity. Your Sim will dive deep and then disappear. Be aware that after placing in build mode, the object will disappear. When going into live mode, the buoy will pop-out of the water though. :) -- Type 'Bakie' in the in-game search bar to find all other mods released from July 2021 -- -- Made by BakieGaming -- -- Bakie on MTS & S4S -- -- For more Custom Content and Tutorials made by me, take a look at my BakieGaming Youtube Channel --
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Mesh name: Ocean Buoy - Diving & Snorkling | Bakie | Ocean | Buoy | Diving | Snorkling
| Updated to appear in the Pond VFX section in buildmode • For other updates, check description page
Size: 1.26 MB · Downloads: 1,242 · 27th Mar 2022
|1.26 MB||1,242||27th Mar 2022|
Size: 1.26 MB · Downloads: 11,895 · 5th Jul 2019
|1.26 MB||11,895||5th Jul 2019|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
Nice to see you're curious about what mods I made so far for The Sims 4!
As I would like to see more awesome stuff for The Sims 4 from other creators too, I make easy to follow step by step video tutorials on my BakieGaming YouTube channel. So if you would like to learn how to mod yourself too, that's the place to go! You can also find videos about all the mods I made and an Effect Player series on my channel.
If you like my mods and videos and want to give me some extra support, please take a look at my BakieGaming Patreon page.
You may share my creations, but always give me credit and link back to the original MTS description page of that mod.
You may not upload my content to any other distribution sites (i.e. sites similar to ModTheSims4) unless you acquire my explicit permission to do so.