Animated - Buoy + Waves Effects
Updated: 27th Mar 2022 at 11:31 AM
Curious about the full waves effects in motion and some more info and example scenes, please click this Youtube Video Link:
Bakies The Sims 4 Custom Content: Animated - Buoy + Waves Effects (it's only 5:09 minutes long)
These files have been UPDATED on 27-03-2022 with the following things:
- It can now be found in the Pond VFX section in build mode.
- Object's title has been updated with an invisible 'Bakie' Search-tag in the title.
• Buoy + Waves object can now also be found by typing Buoy, Wave, Waves or Ocean into the search bar.
- Object's description has been updated to new format.
- Object Thumbnail has been updated with image and text adjustments.
- Object Thumbnail has been updated with a blue (water) background color. This makes it more clear in the Pond VFX section that this object needs to be placed on water.
- Prices have been changed for better placement in the Pond VFX section.
- This update does NOT make these objects to be placeable on pond water surfaces. Whenever this is possible with Studio, I will add this too.
- Placeable on slopes, which makes it easier to place it above uneven ocean floors.
- Placeable through other objects, which makes them placeable above or in between (water) plants for example, without using cheats.
- Buoy + Waves can't be placed on slots anymore (This looks strange when there're water ripples around it).
Please RE-DOWNLOAD and delete the old file!
Animated - Animated - Buoy + Waves Effects
More Waves for your beaches!
Place this unlocked buoy onto your water surfaces and activate it with an On/Off interaction to see one of the three possible waves effects.
To choose which effect you want to use on your lot, you can choose between 15 color swatches divided into 3 groups of 5 recolors. Each group of 5 recolors contains one single effect that will be repeated for an infnite time after activation or until you switch it off again.
The first effect is that of a small wave, the second is a much larger one just as the third one. For those last two I recomment to only activate one on your lot as they're quite big.
Curious how these waves effects will look in your game? Then take a look at the video to see them in motion.
I've also added some screenshots here with all 5 buoy recolors and the images from the thumbnail a bit bigger.
An important thing to mention abouth this object, is that you can't use the Recolor Tool to switch from one effect to the other.
The recolor tool only works for switching buoy colors. To switch effect, go into build mode and pick the right swatch.
This mod requires the Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack
It's a standalone object, so it won't override any other objects in game.
You can find the Buoy + Waves Effects in Build mode > Pond VFX OR type Waves into the search bar.
You can recognize it by my "BakieGaming" icon in the lower right corner of the thumbnail.
The cost are: 14 Simoleons.
Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack Required
Tested with gameversion: 22.214.171.1240
Custom Content visible on the Thumbnail
Animated - Water Shimmering
Animated - Unlocked Buoys + Whale & Dolhpin effect
Animated - Seaweed + Sandpipers
Animated - Placeable Birds - Seagulls
Animated - Birdflock Spawner - Seagulls
Animated Unlocked Lobster- & Crab Trap
Walkthrough Grasses - Base Game + Jungle Adventures
Unlocked + Recolored Raisable Rocks - Cliffs
Unlocked + Recolored BaseGame Rocks
Unlocked and Recolored Puddles - NO INTERACTIONS
Unlocked Wooden Sailor Statue + Lifesaver
I Hope you like this Animated - Buoy + Waves Effects!
If you want to use it in screenshots or videos, be sure to give me some credit!
>> Want to share my mods? <<
Besides giving me credit and linking back to this page, I would appreciate it if you could add my video instead of (only) the thumbnail.
Thanks to the Sims 4 Studio
Thanks Adobe for making Photoshop
Description: Animated - Buoy + Waves These buoys can be found in the waters around Brindleton Bay, but are now also available for your swimming pools, fountains or (custom made) ocean scenes. These are only placeable on the water surface as they also have a water ripple effect around it. A nice extra touch is that I've added an on/off interaction making it able to spawn small waves with a curl to appear. By using the other swatches, larger waves with curls and foam will appear. The effect of the waves will be repeated for an infinite time or until you switch the effect off. Because of a small deco slot on top of the buoys, you can also place my animated seagull for example on top of them. -- Type 'Bakie' in the in-game search bar to find all other mods released from July 2021 -- -- Made by BakieGaming -- -- Bakie on MTS & S4S -- -- For more Custom Content and Tutorials made by me, take a look at my BakieGaming Youtube Channel --
Mesh name: Animated - Buoy + Waves | Bakie | Buoy | Wave | Waves | Ocean
|Cats and Dogs|
| Updated to appear in the Pond VFX section in buildmode • For other updates, check description page
Size: 529.2 KB · Downloads: 896 · 27th Mar 2022
|529.2 KB||896||27th Mar 2022|
Size: 594.3 KB · Downloads: 6,099 · 19th Jul 2019
|594.3 KB||6,099||19th Jul 2019|
Size: 594.2 KB · Downloads: 3,887 · 31st May 2019
|594.2 KB||3,887||31st May 2019|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
Nice to see you're curious about what mods I made so far for The Sims 4!
As I would like to see more awesome stuff for The Sims 4 from other creators too, I make easy to follow step by step video tutorials on my BakieGaming YouTube channel. So if you would like to learn how to mod yourself too, that's the place to go! You can also find videos about all the mods I made and an Effect Player series on my channel.
If you like my mods and videos and want to give me some extra support, please take a look at my BakieGaming Patreon page.
You may share my creations, but always give me credit and link back to the original MTS description page of that mod.
You may not upload my content to any other distribution sites (i.e. sites similar to ModTheSims4) unless you acquire my explicit permission to do so.