Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 12:04 AM Last edited by haywud : 28th Jul 2012 at 1:50 AM.
Default error when getting off school bus
I decided to create a custom neighborhood just to mess around with, because I didn't want to screw up the other neighborhoods. I wanted to try having a teen living on their own. So I created a family that was 1 parent and 1 teen, and I intentionally killed off the parent. Before the parent was killed off, the teen would get off the bus as usual with no problem. Once the parent was killed off, I started getting an error message every time the teen got off the bus. The error would happen just after the teen would pull out their homework, then I would get the error and would be forced to select the reset option. So far I've tried removing all custom content, deleting the cache files, and even tried creating dummy families in other neighborhoods to test and it still happens. This is also the first time I've ever tried a teen living on their own, so for all I know this problem may have been around longer than I've known about it.

At first I thought that maybe it was because of the InTeenimater mod, but like I said the error was still coming up after removing all custom content. I also tried an experiment with the Grunt family in the Strangetown neighborhood since it was all kids and only one adult. So I killed off the adult and let the kids go to school, but I never got the error in this case. From my observations, it just seems like the error comes up when there is only one teen living on a lot that still has to go to school. There really doesn't seem to be any negative effects from this error other than the fact the teens' homework disappear after the error, and it's really annoying, but with each experiment I've done their grades still go up and I never saw them go down.

Not sure how much of the error log would be needed, but here is some of it from one of my Strangetown experiments:

Quote:
Object id: 352
name: N002_User00774 - TJ
Stack size: 7
Error: Reference to tree tree parameter when no parameter exists.
Iterations: 39
Frame 6:
Stack Object id: 974
Node: 32
Tree: id 8242 name 'Interaction - Report Card' version -32726
from JobDataSchoolGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: 352 Locals: 974 0 158 0 91 0 0 2
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 91
Stack Object name: JobData - School - Public
Node: 47
Tree: id 8218 name 'Interaction - At School' version -32717
from JobDataSchoolGlobals
Params: 13 Locals: 100 13 0 13 1 91 1 12 0 0 0 0 0 0
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 352
Stack Object name: N002_User00774 - TJ
Node: 5
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
from global
Prim state: 1
Params: 0 1 Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 1
Tree: id 8282 name 'Function - Main - Check Queue' version 50
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 91
Frame 2:
Node: 2
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
from PersonGlobals
Params: -6 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Node: 6
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 118
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: -6 20 0
Frame 0:
Node: 1
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson
Params: Locals:

EDIT: Just to update, I have tried everything in the Game Problem FAQ, which did not help.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 2:31 AM
It may be that the teen is looking for someone to cheer for their report card. Perhaps if you installed a no-cheer mod, this problem would disappear.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
It may be that the teen is looking for someone to cheer for their report card. Perhaps if you installed a no-cheer mod, this problem would disappear.

Well it happens even if they're grades aren't changing so I doubt that's the case, but then again you never know. It's worth a try though, so I'll look for a mod like that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 4:32 AM
I had a problem similar to that and it was as a result of the teen looking for someone to cheer to. My teen was an alien and I moved her dad out as he was a spare and kept her with the grandparents. She would run with her report card to the orchard where she would do a jump type bug and she would have no homework. I decided to move her in with her dad and his wife and kids. She got off the bus the first day there and immediately run to him, showed her report card and that was that- it fixed itself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 6:48 AM
So far I haven't seen any mods that completely eliminate the cheering. I tried one called No Cheering, but it doesn't look like it completely removes the cheering and it didn't stop the error. I also need to correct something I said in my original message. I said the error would pop up when the teen would pull out their homework, but I completely forgot that they pull out their report card and look at it before getting their homework out. So it's actually happening when the teen will pull out their report card. I'm still looking for something that completely stops the cheering, but no luck so far.
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 9:24 AM
Tunaisafish once made a mod to fix that issue. As it's hosted nowhere at the moment I attach it here for you.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  tunaisafish_fix_getparents.rar (1.5 KB, 1619 downloads) - View custom content

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 8:08 PM
Thank you so much arathea! To test it I just tried making a new family, and like before I made it so the teen was living on their own. I turned on the no motive decay cheat, set the game speed to max, and just let it go. I let at least a week of school go by, and not once did I get the error. I'll be sure to save that file just in case I ever need to re-install or anything. Thanks again! :D
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved