Replies: 441 (Who?), Viewed: 53738 times.
Page 10 of 18
Meet Me In My Next Life
#226 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 3:37 AM
@ joandsarah77 Wow! I just love your "Sea Food Shop" where did you find the Lobster can they really be eaten, everything and the way you have it setup really look great.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#227 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 3:38 AM
Things take awhile to get going. *nods*

That's a good idea. I could do that once they have enough money.

Simonut, the lobster is only deco but the crabs are not. You can place it on a wall just like the game fish. I really need to test it out as I am not sure it stocks the fridge or they cook it like fish. I'm thinking they can cook it like fish since it acts like fish. (going up on the wall) I have plenty of sims with crabs just sitting in inventory since those crabs fly off the shelves. Only they can't fish them nor restock them directly from the catalog-even though they are in the catalog. I have to turn on wholesale mod, stack heaps into the owners inventory and then they can restock them. I just put the crabs up to expensive to try and slow them down.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#228 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 3:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Things take awhile to get going. *nods*

That's a good idea. I could do that once they have enough money.

Simonut, the lobster is only deco but the crabs are not. You can place it on a wall just like the game fish. I really need to test it out as I am not sure it stocks the fridge or they cook it like fish. I'm thinking they can cook it like fish since it acts like fish. (going up on the wall) I have plenty of sims with crabs just sitting in inventory since those crabs fly off the shelves. Only they can't fish them nor restock them directly from the catalog-even though they are in the catalog. I have to turn on wholesale mod, stack heaps into the owners inventory and then they can restock them. I just put the crabs up to expensive to try and slow them down.

What expansion pack came with crabs ? All I ever seen in my game is fish.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#229 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 4:04 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 5th Dec 2015 at 4:27 AM.
It's part of that PC sims fishing set.
http://sims2graveyard.com/index.php.../783-pcsims-smb
Or I think so, there might be two sets there. That links shows the one with the lilly pad that they fish from.

The fish kiosk shown inside the shop is here http://sims2graveyard.com/index.php...ness-type-stuff

Edit: I just checked. With just a crab in inventory a sim has the option to cook bass so it must be cloned from that. I just like that they can buy and 'use' other seafood even if they don't end up cooking crab as such. There is no name on the crabs, but I think they are part of the PCsims fishing set.

The boxes outside the fishshop are called 'Wait&Sons Iced Seafood' by BeOSBoxBoy. Part if the innsmouth set.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#230 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 4:26 AM
Does anyone use PCsims parcel service? It seems like a neat concept but as I've had so many conflict problems with the bank set, I'm a bit hesitant to try it.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#231 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 4:28 AM
Yes, I show it with my PO, somewhere on this thread. I'm thinking I should make a list in the first post.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#232 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 5:02 AM
Found it on page 3. You have such pretty lots Jo. You should so upload your hood.

Your pics also sold me right away for getting the parcel service pack.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#233 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 5:14 AM
That isn't my hood, it's Elsewhere by Plasticbox. I have added to and tweaked it yes, but the base is still hers.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#234 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 9:04 AM Last edited by Charity : 5th Dec 2015 at 9:24 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Edit: I just checked. With just a crab in inventory a sim has the option to cook bass so it must be cloned from that. I just like that they can buy and 'use' other seafood even if they don't end up cooking crab as such. There is no name on the crabs, but I think they are part of the PCsims fishing set.

Grabbing that crab set. Now to find CC crab food. XD

Edit: Ooh, shiny. http://modthesims.info/d/186260
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#235 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 9:40 AM
Great idea Charity. Grabbing.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#236 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufflepaws
Does anyone use PCsims parcel service? It seems like a neat concept but as I've had so many conflict problems with the bank set, I'm a bit hesitant to try it.

I've tried it but it doesn't play well with Pescado's Business runs you.
Mad Poster
#237 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 1:21 PM Last edited by gazania : 5th Dec 2015 at 1:46 PM.
I think that's the problem with many custom businesses for me ... putting in the necessary hacks and CC I would need could cause problems in my game. I've already had instances where a popular hack didn't play nicely with another hack, so I've resolved to keep the amount of new mods and hacked items to a minimum. I might download that Pescado dance one, though. Having Sims smustle wherever they want IS annoying, and I don't believe removing it if I don't like it should cause problems.

Someone brought up the custom foods as well ... same thing. I did download the ice cream machine because it really is cool, and I know people have said good things about it over the years. But one needs to be careful.

Also, the sets that generate NPCs ... are these unique to the set, as in, if you delete the set, bad things will happen, or if you get a new clerk, you just simply are left with an extra clerk?

I do have a couple of custom business sets I've downloaded from other sites, but very few. I'm mixed on the nail salon one, but it doesn't seem like it would cause a problem if I deleted it. Please let me know if there would be problems if I did so. Of course, I'd back up my game and run it in a test hood first.

In the past, I have tried the Sim Wardrobe buildable computer with running a computer store that would sell the built computers and computer parts. It was a nightmare. I kept having crashes and jump bugs left and right. So I admit to having been burned by trying custom businesses like these in the past. Maybe that's something we could continue to bring up in a thread like this as well, such as the BRY and the Parcel Service conflicts. That could be very useful in a thread like this.

Often, I just put hood decor and pretend it's those businesses that serve Sims, such as the fire house and the post office.After all, those postal workers have to be employed SOMEWHERE!

I do have some community lots that might be amenable to interesting spins on businesses. I FINALLY got the fashion controller to work correctly in my clothing store (oh, senior moments! It wasn't Sim Wardrobe's fault, I assure you), and could make a cool fashion house now with the FT sewing machine, etc. etc. .

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#238 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 1:53 PM
@gazania
When I tried the parcel service, I got the game NPC clerk. As I have Pescado's no regen mods, I didn't get a new NPC. I'd like to be able to hire a playable instead but it seems impossible.
Pescado's BRY is essential for me. I wouldn't play businesses without it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#239 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:45 PM
What plays nicely depends on your set up. I like the parcel service but I don't use Business Runs You except for the sign. I don't want sims automatically running around I like them to walk and I like directing them. BRU would drive me crazy. Furbishable computer I use that too, no jump bugs and no crashes. Really it's not the mods fault, it's whatever else you have that mods are clashing with. Sometimes that can be resolved by changing load order, other times something has to go.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#240 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 9:38 PM
I wish I could use BRY, I like the "be salesperson"-option for the owner of the store or family members. I forget what the final problem was that caused me to remove it, but something big enough to be a dealbreaker.

While other peoples experiences with mods can be helpful, one should be cautious about taking things too much as truth. There are many mods that are used by countless people with no problems at all, and one or two with some weird obscure problem that for some reason only they get. If lots of people report a problem, I'd be wary, but if it's just a few people it might be something specific to them.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#241 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 12:51 AM
I was thinking we need a thread for experiences with some of these random old mods. Like PCsims postal service, Christianlovs adults go to college posted about on the other thread. A lot of these old mods don't have readme's and people wonder if they work. If someone has used a mod they could post about it. Of course your millage may vary as you said.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#242 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 11:54 AM
In my case, it might be that not too many people decided to have a computer store, and of those who did, they might have simply abandoned the idea when it didn't work without saying anything. Or they aren't members here, and simply mentioned it on other forums.

It could be that the creator of the mods never thought of opening a computer store, and never tested that. Or that the mod would have been fine at the time, but a later EP messed things up. Or even that people might not have noticed that certain interactions were dropped or are now buggy. For years, I never noticed that an action had dropped from my Sims' menus because of another mod I downloaded. I never used the action much. It was only when I tried to use it that I thought ... :"Wait a minute ... where is it?"

I find that people commenting on a setup or mod not working is useful. It might at least show you you're not crazy if something freaky happens to the game, and which hacks or mods might be the initial culprits to test first. But yes ... many people have used certain mods without incident, and one needs to consider that as well if trying out a mod. Maybe it's sort of like reviews for products in general. A product might get generally-great reviews, but some people might have had bad experiences. I read both types of reviews and just make sure there's a good return policy. In our case, perhaps backing up the game (which I feel you should do if you download ANY new mod) and testing in a junk hood is our version of a good return policy.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#243 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 9:01 PM
I have a computer store, or rather my sim is trying to sell refurbished computers at his tiny market stall. I haven't tried to sell individual parts because he's the computer guy, the other sim have no clue, or maybe my repair guy would but nobody else. That would be like selling a power source to your 90 year old grandma and her thinking it was a toaster. I can certainly try setting parts for sale as a test if you like-my guess it will be fine and it's something in your set up, some cc that you have that it does not like. I have all EP's and Sp's.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#244 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 6:19 AM Last edited by gazania : 7th Dec 2015 at 6:33 AM.
I based it after a techie store. While the owner usually sold full computers, he sold parts as well.

That's really strange because I really don't have a large mod list on either my main or my test computer. I have all EPs and SPs as well, all patches, and take meticulous care to make sure that all my mods are the latest version. If I rebuilt the machine at home using the mod, I noticed some jump-bugging. Not dramatic, but still noticeable. I believe it happened if I asked the Sim to do something, but can't remember what now (this happened years ago). If I sold the rebuilt parts in the store, I got crashes.

This is what sometimes happens with many mods and modded items, though. Five people will love it. It works great for them. One person will write that the item crashes the game. Most of the time, I'm part of the majority, but every once in a while, I'm in the same boat as the single person. That's when this info can be useful. The next step: either delete the mod outright and move on (which I usually do, unless I really, really want the mod), or find what on earth is making life miserable for it. That's not always easy.

I once had a double floor mattress really wreak havoc on my Sims' being able to paint, Not a floor mattress hack of some sort ... a floor mattress. And only the double one. Not the single one. This was on my test machine, which at the time had almost the same CC as my regular machine, but much fewer mods. I did not put any different mods on the test machine at that time. Yet, even though I have more mods on my regular machine, and that would have been the most-likely candidate to have this sort of problem, I saw the problem only on the test machine. Go figure.

This game can drive you crazy sometimes. I just noticed a problem with another hack the other day. I never realized this hack caused any problems after I downloaded it years ago. It's not anything nasty. It's just a really small annoyance. I now have to decide whether to bother keeping the hack or figure out why it's being quirky. I'll try the zz trick before deleting it, though.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#245 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 6:40 AM
That's the thing, those weird occurrences usually aren't the fault of a mod but a piece of unrelated cc. Esme had a shirt that would crash her game if the sim wearing it tried to get a job. I had a kitchen counter that crashed my game but nobody else on the thread complained of anything. To be sure you would need to make a new sims 2 folder free of all other cc, just the computer and parts and see what happens there. I have something wonky in one house where the sim skilling from a book or on Monique's computer does a slight downwards twitch, but I haven't noticed in other houses. On speed one it's not too noticeable but speed it up and it's a constant twitch. I can't be bothered to figure it out.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#246 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 3:08 AM
Such a shame that Rebecah's NPC controlled bike is so unpredictable. I made a basic bike trail lot where the ride path is confined to a 1 tile width. FIrst time around, the sim cycled along the path beautifully. Second time, I realised the gate would need to be unlocked for visitors, but that allows the bike to turn around and exit the path, which it did every single time unless the gate was locked on "allow me only".

Silly, silly bike having a Sim brain. It could have been quite amazing having a bike ride lot.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#247 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 3:38 AM
It's based on the remote control car, which as you know goes wherever it pleases. The only way I have found to contain the cars is to use a low sim step over 'fence'. I'm impressed you got it to go along your path at all.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#248 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:29 AM
Produce cart

along with a cool lemonade stand from C&K here: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...nverted-for-ts2 Thanks G-Mon for finding the download.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#249 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 4:18 AM
@ joandsarah77 Thanks to you I already have this produce Stand, it was a good while back when you first show this picture, that I got it for my grocery store
I think when I first saw this picture it was on one of your post I think it was on this post businesses & careers.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#250 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 5:27 AM
Yes, it's on my produce store, only someone asked up in WCIF using my picture and said I had not given a link. Since G-Mon found the direct link I thought I would add it here as well.

~Call me Jo~
DELETED POST
9th Jan 2016 at 5:13 PM
sims2 for game yer ths game sims2 is god game for is good mod yer good game loven sim
This message has been deleted by Delphy.
Page 10 of 18