Replies: 25231 (Who?), Viewed: 688614 times.
Page 116 of 1010
Mad Poster
#2876 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:30 PM
Can't you click the bandatron to allow free entry to a specific Sim? Nina Caliente turned her house into a party area and she let Don Lothario in free to influence him to fix the constantly-breaking toilets.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Scholar
#2877 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:50 PM
@simsfreq: Yeah, I think home businesses aren't ideal for the use of a bandatron.

@ihatemandatoryregister: that's what I had already suggested. But that's where it went sideways... If I understood it correctly, the sim appeared, found a closed business, and left before simsfreq had time to set up their free admission. You would have to set that up while the store is *open*.
Field Researcher
#2878 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:01 PM
Another stupid question - is there a way to turn off all music but the stereos? I've tried disabling all the music under audio, but that doesn't seem to work, though it could be a UC quirk I suppose.
Mad Poster
#2879 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:14 PM
The Free Admission is permanent until changed, so set it one time and invite the date over another.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2880 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:43 PM
Turning off all music in audio settings also disables stereos. You have to pick all or nothing. It still works for me in UC, I normally play my own music and mute the in-game music, because it bugs me that it stops when paused or the game is minimised! Though I do enjoy setting the sims' music to fit their setting or personality, and it annoys me when I occasionally turn it on to realise everyone has their stereos set to "Salsa"!

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Inventor
#2881 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:54 PM
What I notice about stereos in-game that bugs me is sometimes one of them will end on a song and remain quiet if more than one is currently on. Occasionally I would hear one of my more favorite songs and have to turn the music volume all the way up if my Sim(s) are far away from the working radio.
Mad Poster
#2882 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:23 PM Last edited by Zarathustra : 16th Sep 2016 at 8:03 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrishBanshee
Another stupid question - is there a way to turn off all music but the stereos? I've tried disabling all the music under audio, but that doesn't seem to work, though it could be a UC quirk I suppose.

You can mute specific songs by un-checking them in the Audio Settings menu, so if you mute ALL the songs from a category, you can essentially turn off that category without turning off ALL the music. For example, I have all the Neighborhood, CAS, Build, and Buy mode songs muted, but I still let my Sims listen to music in Live mode.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#2883 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 7:48 AM
Is it safe to transfer a community lot from one neighborhood to another if it has been visited a few times in the original hood? Would it carry over any hidden tokens that will break the new hood? The particular method is moving the lot into the lot bin and then grabbing it once in the new hood.
Mad Poster
#2884 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 8:02 AM
It should be fine, community lots reset every time your Sims leave (as long as it is not an owned business, that is).
Scholar
#2885 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 9:25 AM
I agree with Justpetro here, @lazzybum. Unlike residentials and owned comm lots, un-owned comm lots are not saved when your sim leaves them.
For example: if a pet destroys a sofa or any other object and then you leave the lot, next time you go there, the destroyed object is back in perfect condition.
Considering that, it should be perfectly safe to move/copy comm lots to other hoods, as long as they have never been owned.

Comm lots that have been owned, should probably be cleaned up first.
Mad Poster
#2886 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 10:07 AM
And (although hopefully this is obvious) make sure there aren't any gravestones!

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Instructor
#2887 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 10:36 AM
Does anyone have the exnem arcade games? It seems fine when one sim plays but the next sim that plays a different game (while the first is playing) gets an empty screen causing the game to slow unbearably . Does anyone know what could be the cause of it?
Mad Poster
#2888 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 10:53 AM
Are you sure that all the video files are installed to the right place?

Instructor
#2889 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 11:26 AM
Yes, in the movies -> games -> arcade folder
Mad Poster
#2890 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 2:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazzybum
Is it safe to transfer a community lot from one neighborhood to another if it has been visited a few times in the original hood? Would it carry over any hidden tokens that will break the new hood? The particular method is moving the lot into the lot bin and then grabbing it once in the new hood.
|

I always use the package lot option myself for that way the Clean Installer will show if there is anything else in the lot but for Maxis/EA stuff.

This way if there is a ghost that you missed then the CI will tell you and you can clean the lot of it.

By using the package lot option you also will not break any ghost connection with the hood and corrupting it by placing it in the bin.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#2891 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 2:58 PM
Last night I was trying to help Jacob Martin find a sim he wanted to be friends with using the Sim Manipulator. I was looking through the NPC listings and made the mistake of clicking on the repo man. Well, there was that stupid ol Mr. Repo standing in the living room. Jacob did not interact with him let alone make him selectable or anything. I just exited the lot without saving. Did I do a VBT? Thank goodness I do have a recent backup.
Scholar
#2892 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 3:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma
Jacob did not interact with him let alone make him selectable or anything. I just exited the lot without saving.

I believe no changes are applied to any files unless you save. You're safe, and even if you did save, the interaction is the thing that breaks it. Take my advice with a grain of salt, though, because I have no idea for sure.

Angela and Lilith both deserve better, actually. | My Simblr!
Mad Poster
#2893 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 3:00 PM
@jimma I think you are safe with this mistake because you exit without saving.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#2894 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 3:30 PM
alljoj and marka thank you. Ha, when I pull a boner I really do a fine job of it.
Mad Poster
#2895 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 4:29 PM
Quote:
muting all music mutes things like the piano and violin too

It definitely, absolutely does not. Playable instruments are under the sound effects category, not music.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Inventor
#2896 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 8:10 PM
I have another question. I'd like to transfer my TS2 data from one computer to another. Would I be correct in deleting the TS2 folder in the destination machine's documents folder (there isn't anything TS2-related on that machine that I care about) and copying the source machine's TS2 documents folder over? Thanks!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Theorist
#2897 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 8:40 PM
Yes, that will work.
Top Secret Researcher
#2898 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 3:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
My desktop isn't running hot at all from the looks of it, using speccy while Sims 2 runs and it's staying in the low 40s C (i'm not sure what that is as I am also American but it isn't angry red or anything..)

Sorry for the very late response, but you can change the temperature units in Speccy by going into "View" -> "Options" and then changing the temperature unit to Fahrenheit. Also, 40C is about 104F.
Instructor
#2899 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 9:11 AM
Got the arcade working, it was my fault, I seemed to have stopped reading the readme and thus skipped this part:

Finally you need to download and install the video codecs for these new arcades to work properly. Get the "3ivx D4 4.5" codecs here:

http://www.3ivx.com/download/windows.html

More than 1 arcade game can be played at the same time now
Field Researcher
#2900 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 6:25 PM
Having trouble with SimPe...definitely Googled and found the SimPE and Ultimate Collection fix having to do with file paths and such. I can click into my neighborhood browser and see the files, but every Sim is unknown in Sim browser. I had this problem a month ago and it randomly started working again so I was able to edit a few interests and skills points for example. Not sure what happened. Same problem for all neighborhoods, not just the one I am playing.

When I Googled, I saw comments suggesting loading the Objects Creator first, and using File/Open, but neither worked so far...
Page 116 of 1010