Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27176 Old 11th May 2021 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There is a TwoJeffs hack which fixes the buffet table advertising so that party guests will actually use it.

VisitorSnackingFix - prevents mass snack pillaging
FoodAlreadyAvailableFix - fixes buffet table and chinese food
Thank you!
- link here (twojeffs folder):
https://simfileshare.net/folder/92516/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27177 Old 11th May 2021 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There is a TwoJeffs hack which fixes the buffet table advertising so that party guests will actually use it. One of the later EPs broke it, it worked in earlier versions of the game.
That explains why I've never seen this behaviour. At parties my guests do usually take food from the buffet table. The only Sim I remember eating crisps (chips) out of the fridge instead was Ravi Bertino at Titania and Oberon's wedding, and it was completely in character. Ravi happened to be in the house when the wedding started. He wasn't really a wedding guest, but Puck had invited hm in earlier. When the wedding started, Ravi changed into the business suit that he wears to his part-time job, but, even though he was doing his best to try to look "posh", he really looked, and I'm sure felt, completely out of place. Instead of taking anything from the buffet, he crept into the kitchen, took out a bag of crisps from the fridge, and started to eat them alone at the kitchen table. He told me afterwards, "I just couldn't eat that posh food outside with all those toffs!" I can't help feeling that if I'd been there, I'd have been eating crisps in the kitchen with Ravi, rather than trying to make conversation with Veronaville's "great and good" on the terrace outside.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#27178 Old 11th May 2021 at 11:05 PM
Where I can complain about the new download format/pages? Searching is now a pita--I search something specific, but when I click on a filter (like TS2 instead of all games or choose a category to look in) it resets and I have to do the search over. I also don't know what's the point of setting default downloads to TS2 only, since every time I search something I still get TS3 & TS4 results... So, yeah, I have to choose TS2 downloads only, but then the search resets when I do so. I type in my terms and search again, but then if I choose a specific category to look in--the search resets again! It's like all the search filters are broken or something. Not to mention all the header shortcuts are useless, because I have to start all over anyway.

And then the Picked/Featured/Updated downloads are, like, always in the way, even in the middle of my search, even in the middle of looking at a specific creator's uploads! Does this happen to anyone else? I am just not getting something? Browsing a single creator is now one of the most confusing things I've ever seen...

Also, idk about the categories being on the left side--it's definitely terrible on my phone. The layout altogether is just too wide for mobile browsing. Idk where the single column view for mobile went, but it needs to come back.

And, and--I don't know if this is on all downloads or what, but definitely on some, there's now a HUGE archive section detailing what's in the rar, catalog descriptions, etc... Who wanted that? Why? How can I get it to go away, please? Because, like why? Do that nonsense under the Files tab...

...Idk, is it just me? Am I being too picky? I know I hate change, but this has just been awful for me. I'm curious if other people are actually liking the changes....

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#27179 Old 11th May 2021 at 11:33 PM
^ Doesn't look like the categories are connected to the search result, which is a bit of a bummer if you're searching for something that's got a lot of pages. Just tested and got 3 pages of results on a search word, but I sincerely doubt that means Bodyshop has 22712 results like the categories say, so looks like that's connection lost... The search reset is really annoying, too.

In the old one you could click the categories and be more spesific with the search, but in this new one it seems what you search is what you get as a result. It looks like you can narrow down the category first and then search, so maybe try that?

The tutorial pops up every time even after I've clicked it away. That's really annoying. Could be cookie-dependent, though (my browser deletes cookies when closing, so I have this issue with a lot of cookie-dependent items).

I don't get the TS3/4 uploads when searching for TS2 spesifically (this used to be an on/off issue with the old setup, but clicking the TS2 icon solved it easily)

It is a bit annoying with the Picked/Featured/Updated downloads, though. They take up a lot of space, but they aren't so annoying after searching or after you've clicked one of them. Maybe they're more annoying on a phone?
Scholar
#27180 Old 12th May 2021 at 3:03 PM
Three questions for the price of one!!

Is there a fix for the apartment neighbors wandering around stinking? I currently delete them. Then they respawn and go back to their own apartment unit. But the next day, someone is out there wandering around stinky.

How do you force fulfill a want?

How do you make macro shortcuts? I am bad at remembering what huge long code to type in so I can do quarter tile placement or turn an apartment into a residential lot.
Mad Poster
#27181 Old 12th May 2021 at 3:50 PM
@Phantomknight and @Simmer22
Take it to Site Feedback on the Discord Channel: https://discord.com/channels/160320...654424275976234

It's still a WIP - and Tash is doing his best to listen/fix

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#27182 Old 12th May 2021 at 3:53 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th May 2021 at 4:08 PM.
Kewpie -
1) Maybe use the Simblender or similar to raise their hygiene motive (you should be able to use it on any sim on the lot, not just controllable ones).

2) no idea.

3) You mean aliases?

userStartup file in Config folder in your saved game location (Documents/TS2 folder).

You can write them as shown below, the first "text" is there for the command, the next two can be used for a set of help commands if you need an explanation for the cheat, but they're not actually needed.

alias "real command" "brief help" "full help"
alias tcot "TurnsCheatOn True" "turns cheat on" "turns cheat on and does this and that ingame"

Examples:

alias qon "setQuarterTilePlacement on" "allows placement in quarter tile increments activate by using Ctrl+F"
alias qof "setQuarterTilePlacement off"
(example of using the "brief/long help" - I normally don't and delete the extra " as the cheats work fine without, but I like to keep the Quartertile info. It's useful if there's any info you tend to forget about the cheats).

alias mon "moveObjects on" "" ""
alias mof "moveObjects off" "" ""
(You can keep the extra empty double "" in the cheats like here - it's not necessary, though. They should work fine without as shown below).

alias tn "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true"
alias tf "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false"

alias apt "changeLotZoning apartmentbase"
alias res "changeLotZoning residential"
alias comm "changeLotZoning community"

(Stick to simple A-Z letters, numbers, and I think + and - can be used, too. No special characters, I'm a little unsure of spaces in aliases - I never use them since I like to keep aliases short)

Not all cheats work as "always on", but it seems all cheats work as aliases, so it's very useful for Plumbbobtoggle, zoning, and cheats you turn on and off all the time when building like Moveobjects and Snapobjects.
Alchemist
#27183 Old 12th May 2021 at 4:15 PM
CatherineTCJD & simmer22 thank you!

@kewpie, what simmer22 said, but put "boolProp quarterTilePlacementEnabled true" in your startup instead, then the quarter tile cheat is always on and you can toggle Ctrl + F to turn it on and off without typing in anything. (Thanks to Topp again for discovering that--it's super useful!)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#27184 Old 12th May 2021 at 4:23 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th May 2021 at 4:37 PM.
^ I learned that fact a short time ago (and I do have the "true" cheat in my "always on" bunch), but I had the old ones in the alias part of my userstartup and haven't gotten around to test it out yet (will do when I get back ingame). I bet it will be quite useful now, especially since I've gone through at least half my old CC and quartertile (+ AL-shift) enabled it. No more annoying (well, fewer anyway) OMSPs everywhere!

It does show how you can use the alias "brief/full help", though (mainly what I wanted to show).
Forum Resident
#27185 Old 12th May 2021 at 5:13 PM
(Sorry for butting in!)

Does someone know when the "foodpizzaslice-combo":

pizza is used? The pizza from buying on the phone looks like this:

and is named "foodpizzaslice-pepperoni". I've never seen the combo pizza's texture being used in-game. I first thought (for some reason) it came with University, but both textures are from basegame
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#27186 Old 12th May 2021 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
How do you force fulfill a want?

1. Turn on boolProp boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true . (It's a good idea to use an alias in your userstartup file as simmer22 suggested.)

2. Control-Click on the Want you want to fulfil.

3. (not essential) Turn testingCheatsEnabled off again. (Some people prefer to play with it on but that can result in a lot of unnecessary error messages.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vegan_kaktus , Idon't know if and when the "foodpizzaslice-combo"is used, but it sure looks tastier than the peperoni one you can order on the 'phone!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#27187 Old 12th May 2021 at 8:55 PM
@vegan_kaktus I don't mean to start a conspiracy but is it possible that what you're showing is an unused texture? Like maybe the Pizza delivery was meant to offer some pizza options sims could order and that idea was later scrapped. I'd imagine a menu would popup showing different options and their respective prices and motive boosts.

Though to be honest, I'd totally be down for a build-your-own pizza option in TS2. Would definitely reflect the choices of real-life. Could also have been an amazing stuff pack, The Pizza Pack.

Call me Seth!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27188 Old 12th May 2021 at 8:57 PM
What are those black things? Olives? Blergh!
Mad Poster
#27189 Old 12th May 2021 at 9:03 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th May 2021 at 4:38 AM.
I don't know, but the one with the olives is the one the Fandom site has chosen to show for the TS3 pizza: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Pizza (it's the exact one - look at the olives!)

No idea if it's a mistake or not, but it's kinda weird unless they decided to use the unused texture in TS3 instead, although there is this "trivia"

Quote:
The pizza delivered in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 appears to include pepperoni, black olives, and mushrooms as toppings.

so maybe the pepperoni pizza is the glitch?

Haven't had my sims order pizza in quite a while, so I'm not sure which one is the proper one... If you want to make a default pizza, maybe default both of them, just to be on the safe side?

(Personally I'd much prefer the pepperoni pizza - no olives or mushrooms for me But only pepperoni is a bit plain, I would like a few other things on my pizza, too)
Forum Resident
#27190 Old 12th May 2021 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Though to be honest, I'd totally be down for a build-your-own pizza option in TS2. Would definitely reflect the choices of real-life. Could also have been an amazing stuff pack, The Pizza Pack.

Now, with the all-new The Sims 2: Promiscuous Pizza Kit you can choose between many kinds of pizza for your sims for the low price of 69 dollars! Also includes an all-new Pizza aspiration: it's just like Grilled Cheese, but for pizza!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27191 Old 12th May 2021 at 9:51 PM
How odd @simmer22 - that Sims 3 pizza texture is definitely the same!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#27192 Old 12th May 2021 at 10:11 PM
What's with the olives hate !?
Theorist
#27193 Old 12th May 2021 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975

I don't know olives, capers and anchovies are like my favourite pizza toppings.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#27194 Old 12th May 2021 at 10:46 PM

Forum Resident
#27195 Old 12th May 2021 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
You do a character bio in your uploads, right? So after that general intro, put a header like "3 versions" and then you can describe a bit what each version is like, or just do a preview of each version. Or you could also probably just be descriptive in your title and detail how many versions are in that. Say something like "Sirius Black: Three Versions, Marauder, Prisoner, & Ghost". Or, you know, whatever your versions are. Then in your character description, you can do one big description to detail what each version was like/explain the differences, or again, you can split it up to go with your previews of each version.

And idk how it would affect the upload process--my guess is that it'd be the same as when you upload multiple sims at a time.

@Phantomknight would this work " From the book series of Harry Potter; Sirius Black (While they are there are three separate sims, they are are all the same character, depicting his extreme change in the books)"?

also when selecting sim category would it other > male or other > groups?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27196 Old 13th May 2021 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
It's not olives I dislike per se, just some of the methods of processing olives. The ones I usually find on pizzas are lye processed, heavily oxidised and rubbery. Or else they are overly brined. Taste like slimy salt. I've had olives that I do like- they were still slightly bitter and described as sicilian, nicer texture and flavour. I'm not sure I like Olives with melted cheese, either. The pains of being a supertaster, I'm not fussy but just discerning!
Mad Poster
#27197 Old 13th May 2021 at 12:30 AM
LOL our standard order is PMS w/BO
(pep-shroom-saus-blkOlys)

Although, I also really like green olives and bacon. Salty! but, *yummy*

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#27198 Old 13th May 2021 at 12:42 AM
Mischief Managed, that sounds good; I would do other/Male because it's the same sim, not a group of sims, if that makes sense.

And yeah, not of fan of olives on pizza, or in general. My go-to pizza topping is sausage. Though my local pizzeria makes a really good barbeque chicken pizza (instead of red sauce, the sauce is blue cheese) that's also one of my favs. But if none of that's available/I don't like the shop's sausage, I'll stick with plain. I'll eat pepperoni (my sister loves it but she never finishes the slices she orders, so I'm always stuck with pepperoni leftovers), but it's not my favorite.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#27199 Old 13th May 2021 at 3:20 AM
I just... I know there are some pizza mods, but they use custom textures. It'd be cool if you could cook the unobtainable Maxis foods, like pizza and fried chicken.
Mad Poster
#27200 Old 13th May 2021 at 3:41 AM
Olives fall into the category of "if you're gonna do it, do it right" Canned olives are NOT doing it right... bleh! (SimSample's description of them is spot on).

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 1088 of 1347